Southern Cal Trojans at Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Notre Dame Stadium
Notre Dame, IN
October 23, 2021
7:30 ET​

Last edited:

itchyBEAR

Reaction score
I have been to almost every Notre Dame game in south central since the mid 90s. My best friend (USC grad) and I are coming to South Bend for the game this year. Is there a definitive list of activities and things to see on our week long trip? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Rockin’Irish

Hearing Impaired
Reaction score
I have been to almost every Notre Dame game in south central since the mid 90s. My best friend (USC grad) and I are coming to South Bend for the game this year. Is there a definitive list of activities and things to see on our week long trip? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

One thing I can suggest that is not ND related is to visit the town of Nappanee which is an Amish settlement a short drive from South Bend. Pretty interesting place especially if you’re not familiar with their culture. Another area to check out are any of the natural sand dunes on Lake Michigan.

Pops Freshenmeyer

Reaction score

BrownerandFry

Reaction score
One thing I can suggest that is not ND related is to visit the town of Nappanee which is an Amish settlement a short drive from South Bend. Pretty interesting place especially if you’re not familiar with their culture. Another area to check out are any of the natural sand dunes on Lake Michigan.

Is Amish Acres still slingin' hash? You could fill your belly there!

pumpdog20

Reaction score
Heck yeah, first USC game! Bringing five friends I'm hoping to convert.

Some Irish Bloke

Five foot nothin'
Reaction score
Was 2011 the Crazy Train game?

I wasn't at that one, but I was there in the defensive struggle '13 and Fuller burning Adoree in '15. '15 was by far my favorite atmosphere, though I'm speaking post-Lou. Unfortunately I was just a wee lad back then.

greyhammer90

the drunk piano player
Reaction score
I was there too. Definitely the most disappointing loss I ever attended, all things considered. So many self-inflicted wounds.

The Atkinson return was basically the only part of that game that wasn't immensely frustrating. Still was a interesting game to attend. First game with the attempted change in atmosphere (ALLL ABOOOOARD HAHAHA...), and first game with the new helmets.

Irish#1

Livin' Your Dream!
Reaction score
I wasn't at that one, but I was there in the defensive struggle '13 and Fuller burning Adoree in '15. '15 was by far my favorite atmosphere, though I'm speaking post-Lou. Unfortunately I was just a wee lad back then.

15 was awesome. I can't remember how many games I've been to over the years, but that was my first USC game. I was in the end zone about a quarter of the way up. Irish were going away from us. I saw Fuller open and jumped up and yelled "He's got him" right before Kizer let it rip. Stadium was rocking after that play.

dublinirish

Everestt Gholstonson
Reaction score
https://247sports.com/college/usc/A...21-trojans-linebacker-clay-helton--169580342/

Linebacker Jordan Iosefa has informed USC's coaching staff he intends to medically retire, USCFootball.com has learned. The redshirt senior and former team captain has battled knee injuries since the spring of 2018.

Iosefa finishes his Trojans' career with 78 tackles, seven for losses with three sacks, six deflections, a forced fumble and a fumble recovery. The linebacker appeared in 36 games with 16 starts. He was a three-star prospect in the 2016 class, rated the No. 774 overall player and the No. 49 linebacker, according to the 247Sports Composite.

Iosefa was a versatile piece in USC's defense from the beginning. He started seven times in 2017, twice at inside linebacker and five times at outside linebacker. He was positioned to take over Uchenna Nwosu's starting outside linebacker spot in 2018, but suffered a minor setback when he dislocated his kneecap during the Trojans' spring camp. He underwent surgery to clean up cartilage and made a full recovery for the 2018 season where he started at outside linebacker. He recorded 38 tackles, including four for losses with two sacks, four deflections and a fumble recovery in 12 game appearances and nine starts.

He suffered a similar injury during the first week of USC's 2019 fall camp, as the linebacker dislocated his kneecap during the team's first practice in full pads and underwent surgery. He was originally expected to return to action within 4-6 weeks, but ultimately redshirted the 2019 season. Though he was missing from the action on the field, Iosefa still represented the Trojans as a team captain that season.

Iosefa was expected to make his return in USC's 2020 shortened season, but head coach Clay Helton announced on the first day of the team's media availability that the linebacker had once again underwent season-ending surgery to clean up scar tissue in his knee. Despite the setback, Helton shared that he anticipated Iosefa to play in his final year of eligibility in 2021.

"Yeah, I do. You know, he was progressing nicely, but he has a some scar tissue that he's going to have [surgery on] to ... clean up some things," Helton said in October. "It takes time to get that back and if we were playing a four-or-five month season, [he] probably would have that opportunity. But he's got one year [of eligibility left] and we want him to be able to have the best experience possible for him. And he's been a team captain here. He's been a leader here and continues to be that each and every day. But we're going to go ahead and get that thing exactly right for him so his last year he can have the best experience possible."

Iosefa's decision comes at the conclusion of USC's 2021 fall camp. The linebacker was seen rehabbing during USC's 2021 fall camp, but never participated in the team's practices.
40COMMENTS
Overall, the Trojans' linebacker depth seems to be in a better position than it was in 2020. Ralen Goforth, Kana'i Mauga and Raymond Scott are currently competing for the team's two starting inside linebacker roles. USC also signed two four-star prospects in its 2021 class with Julien Simon and Raesjon Davis. Tuasivi Nomura, Tayler Katoa and converted safety Kaulana Makaula practiced with the Trojans' second team in fall camp as well. Former four-star linebacker Solomon Tuliaupupu continues to make progress toward seeing the field in 2021 after undergoing knee surgery in 2020.

USC opens the season on Sept. 4 against the defending Mountain West Conference champions in San Jose State.

dublinirish

Everestt Gholstonson
Reaction score
[TWEET]https://twitter.com/Ryan_Kartje/status/1430684479761260544?s=20[/TWEET]

ulukinatme

Pyne for QB 2022!
Reaction score

I always hit the Trumpets Under the Dome before a game if I can help it. Hard to get a real good spot on the rail at the top floor unless you show up an hour or so before, but even half an hour before you can get a decent spot anywhere. Worth doing at least once if you've never been there for it. The audio is a bit crappy, but here's some video from the 2015 USC game I got. The energy is indescribable.

dublinirish

Everestt Gholstonson
Reaction score

Irishize

Reaction score
I haven’t been following close but what happened to Slovis? I heard Dart is really good.

Rockin’Irish

Hearing Impaired
Reaction score
He was injured early in the last game but is expected to return today although his play hasn’t been up to par this year.

arndtjc

Jameson in my coffee
Reaction score
Their defense is hot garbage. Oregon St. gashed them on the ground, and their secondary has just been completely lost all night

ulukinatme

Pyne for QB 2022!
Reaction score
Their defense is hot garbage. Oregon St. gashed them on the ground, and their secondary has just been completely lost all night

I was going to turn on the game when I saw this, but given that they're down 2 scores already I'd hate to jinx things and see them come back.

BobbyMac

O'Skool
Staff member
Reaction score
SC doing their best Stanford impersonation.

[TWEET]https://twitter.com/ArashMarkazi/status/1442000153200640008[/TWEET]