Notre Dame, IN
October 2, 2021
2:30 ET​

Last edited:

IrishLion

I am Beyonce, always.
Staff member
Reaction score
I hope everyone gets their vaccines and the world gets back to normal.

If the stadium is open to capacity, I plan on bringing my Cincy peeps in force to this one.

Irish YJ

Southsida
Reaction score
I'm hoping to get back for this one. Would love to take my cousin in-law who played DL for them.

calvegas04

Reaction score
I hope everyone gets their vaccines and the world gets back to normal.

If the stadium is open to capacity, I plan on bringing my Cincy peeps in force to this one.

As long as you guys sit in the cincy fan section and not taking ND fans seats

IrishLion

I am Beyonce, always.
Staff member
Reaction score
As long as you guys sit in the cincy fan section and not taking ND fans seats

I should clarify “bringing them in force” means “bringing my dad, grandpa, father in law and brother in law, all UC fans, so they can see the glory of Notre Dame stadium before the Irish stomp the hell out of my beloved Bearcats.”

Irish are always first, at least in football.

clashmore_mike

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I hope they make this a night game

It very well could be. There are a bunch of good options for home night games...SC, North Carolina, Cinci plus you have to assume Wisconsin will be one as well. Not sure what rules NBC has for night games anymore.

calvegas04

Reaction score
Doesn't NBC do two night games now? I would assume usc and Wisconsin would be the games

Some Irish Bloke

Five foot nothin'
Reaction score
Excuse the formatting, site isn't behaving on my device. Lets make it happen!

Some Irish Bloke
IrishLion
condoms SUCk

Irish#1

Just now seeing this, finally got around to checking the "notifications" tab. For a Millennial, I'm not the most tech savvy haha.

You fellas know I'm down; I have this one earmarked for priority IF tickets go on public sale.

zelezo vlk

Reaction score
I like this guy's previews.

The link is cutting off and not going to the Cincinnati preview? What gives?

Last edited:

Some Irish Bloke

Five foot nothin'
Reaction score
He seems to do a decent job, but he seems super high on the entire G5. Enthusiast is an understatement.

I guess you can make an argument that the trip to SB is "winnable" as he calls it, but he doesn't really make any mention of how good ND has been/should be, our home winning streak, etc. It was just a fluff piece, IMO.

Cincy is going to be damn good. But they've got their work cut out for them in SB.

irishandy

Reaction score
I think this game could go either way, having Freeman on ND's sideline will be a factor.

IrishLion

I am Beyonce, always.
Staff member
Reaction score
Freeman > Denbrock

And that's what the game will come down to.

UC's defense will give ND some issues, and Desmond Ridderer will make some plays on 3rd down that will cause us all to pull some hair out, but in the end, it will come down to Mike Denbrock not doing enough to open up UC's offense, and Freeman scheming Ridder into mistakes after halftime adjustments.

dublinirish

Everestt Gholstonson
Reaction score
[TWEET]https://twitter.com/GoBearcatsFB/status/1428786457540444167?s=20[/TWEET]

one for the bulletin board

Whiskeyjack

Mittens Margaritas Ante Porcos
Staff member
Reaction score
Question: Can a bearcat be accurately described as a "dawg"?

Objection: It seems their bearcat mascot began as a play-on-words of FB Teddy Baehr's surname in 1914. Early iterations were definitely ursine, and bears are caniforms, so the moniker of "dawg" may be appropriate.

On the contrary, actual bearcats, which are more accurately described as "smelly tree weasels", are feliforms which are not dog-like.

I respond that all modern iterations of UC's bearcat mascot are clearly feline, and have been for the last 70 years, so UC football players cannot be described as "dawgs".

QED.

BobbyMac

O'Skool
Staff member
Reaction score
Sauce Gardner? Dawg!

[TWEET]https://twitter.com/ColtonHowardTV/status/1422395787108134931[/TWEET]

stpeteirish

Reaction score
First game to be announced as a sellout, although there are some tickets available as part of a three game package. Why would Cincy move quicker than USC? Tickets are cheaper...more opponent fans buying may be a factor as well. Pretty easy road trip for them.