Notre Dame to the B1G Conference?

OSU_Buckeyes

Reaction score
I don’t believe the media rights contract includes revenue sharing from BTN either. BTN will now be on basic cable in California starting in 2024.

OSU_Buckeyes

Reaction score
Starting next year the three primary Saturday Big Ten partners will also be the three Sunday NFL partners. If each network promotes their next B1G game twice in their Sunday NFL games, that’s over 150 million promo impressions for the B1G every NFL Sunday.

Reaction score
Starting next year the three primary Saturday Big Ten partners will also be the three Sunday NFL partners. If each network promotes their next B1G game twice in their Sunday NFL games, that’s over 150 million promo impressions for the B1G every NFL Sunday.
Yeah. whether we like it or not, that conference is setting itself up for a stranglehold on the TV markets in the next 3 to 4 years

Jiggafini19Deux

Clam Bakes and Shitty Takes
Reaction score
I know I am in the minority here, but I really want ND to join a conference, and specifically the Big 10.
You say that now, but when it comes time to play TCU at Denver Mile High Stadium in mid October, you're going to change your tune pal.

Dale

Reaction score
You say that now, but when it comes time to play TCU at Denver Mile High Stadium in mid October, you're going to change your tune pal.

or something quirky like Washington St in San Antonio or Arizona St in Arlington

Dale

Reaction score
I wonder what the anticipated numbers bump is for ND thanks to the shoulder programming + increased Peacock subscribers. NDs basically had to get viewership entirely on their own merit and now gets the leave the tv on bump.

StPaul_Irish

Resident Smart Ass
Reaction score

In all honesty, what is the point of still being independent? I have yet to hear an argument for it. The only one that ever made sense was playing a national schedule.

The whole "regionalized" argument is laughable. So Bama, OSU ect are "regional schools"... Give me a break

GATTACA!

It's about to get gross
Reaction score
In all honesty, what is the point of still being independent? I have yet to hear an argument for it. The only one that ever made sense was playing a national schedule.

The whole "regionalized" argument is laughable. So Bama, OSU ect are "regional schools"... Give me a break
Does anyone care about OSU or Alabama in California?

Jiggafini19Deux

Clam Bakes and Shitty Takes
Reaction score

Yeah, I think the regionalized argument has become outdated in some respects considering how you can stream just about any program you want regardless of where you live. Not to mention recruiting is pretty national now too.

If being independent means that's the best path to winning another National Championship, fine. That's the way they think they need to go so that's that. It appears no matter what conference you're in these days your olympic sports programs are going to have to travel.

StPaul_Irish

Resident Smart Ass
Reaction score
Yeah, I think the regionalized argument has become outdated in some respects considering how you can stream just about any program you want regardless of where you live. Not to mention recruiting is pretty national now too.

If being independent means that's the best path to winning another National Championship, fine. That's the way they think they need to go so that's that. It appears no matter what conference you're in these days your olympic sports programs are going to have to travel.

Thank you

Reaction score
Does anyone care about OSU or Alabama in California?
The problem is that right now, probably not, but if the Big Ten keeps gobbling up teams out there - a whole different story.

I picked this up online today and the Big Ten is receiving some INSANE TV MONEY -

Annual national media revenue, per reports of deals:
NFL: $10B per year
EPL: $4.2B per year
NBA: $2.6B per year
MLB: $1.96B per year
BIG TEN: $1.07B per year
NHL: $625M per year
SEC: $588M per year

This conference absolutely dwarfs SEC money going forward. I read that with this new deal, The Big Ten Network, The Bowl money and CF Playoffs, the projected payout to each Big Ten team is estimated to be around $102 to 104 million / year to each conference member in 2023. That's some very serious money. And also rumored that markets like Phoenix, San Francisco, Portland, and Seattle are in their sites/

Last edited:

phillyirish

Reaction score
If the BIG expands, with ND in the future, I would love for them to poach an SEC team just to humble the SEC. Doesn’t matter if Bama and Georgia win the next 5 titles, no way Arkansas or Tennesse say no to BIG when it doubles their payout.

ndfanatic78

Reaction score
If the BIG expands, with ND in the future, I would love for them to poach an SEC team just to humble the SEC. Doesn’t matter if Bama and Georgia win the next 5 titles, no way Arkansas or Tennesse say no to BIG when it doubles their payout.
The SEC would probably pay the BIG to take Arkansas

Irishdrunk

Smartest Guy in the Room
Reaction score
Am I the only one that thinks ND should join the SEC or stay independent and schedule more SEC teams? I would love to see ND v. LSU.

I think joining B10 gets ND NOTHING incrementally in recruiting - which I think matters most in joining a conference.

NDpendent

Reaction score
Am I the only one that thinks ND should join the SEC or stay independent and schedule more SEC teams? I would love to see ND v. LSU.

I think joining B10 gets ND NOTHING incrementally in recruiting - which I think matters most in joining a conference.
Nah, screw the SEC. Stay Independent with no SEC games, except maybe the LSU one. Playing some big 10 games now will get us more $$$ after this deal

OSU_Buckeyes

Reaction score
Do you think the B1G will add all four of Stanford, Cal, Washington and Oregon?

Only 2 of the 4?

And then plunder the ACC in the next decade.