Notre Dame In The Transfer Portal 2023-2024 (Verified ND Interest Only)

dublinirish

Everestt Gholstonson
Reaction score
Oh? What's this guy all about?

There’s no time stamp on follows so it could have been a few weeks back for all we know but still thought it was interesting

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NDFAN2008

Reaction score
Some of Porker’s recent IG follows:
Garrett Greene QB WVU
Tyrell Henry WR Sparty
Jamil Farooq WR OU
Beaux Collins WR Clemson
Ali Jennings WR VT
Justin Williams Thomas RB Cal

Not sure why we would be going after a RB. Henry from Michigan State is only a Sopomore so that’s interesting. Jennings had a huge 2021 and 2022 season got injured this year.

irishnd31

Biggest Idiot On This Site
Reaction score
Some of Porker’s recent IG follows:
Garrett Greene QB WVU
Tyrell Henry WR Sparty
Jamil Farooq WR OU
Beaux Collins WR Clemson
Ali Jennings WR VT
Justin Williams Thomas RB Cal

f06b14fc-a3a3-4042-bac5-5cb112d12d07_text.gif

CanadalovesND

Reaction score
Driskell just said on his live show that there are a few more transfers out from the roster. Some to be announced and some after the bowl game.

NDPhilly

Philly Torqued
Reaction score
Hartman, Harper, and Javonte were all big time contributors. Staff has done surprisingly well adapting to today’s CFB world IMO. Leonard was essentially already picked before season even ended

Last edited:

stlnd01

Was away. Now returned.
Reaction score
Let's be honest here...Is ND playing the portal game waaaay better than we all thought they would?
Might wait til we get some actual announcements (and to get the full picture on outbounds) before declaring victory. But we do seem to be ahead of the curve on some good players.

Which makes sense because our staff hustles on recruiting, and Notre Dame has a lot to offer to a grad transfer in particular. Who would not want to spend a year here?

CanadalovesND

Reaction score
We all wanted a difference the second time around, and it looks like we may have gotten it. ND may not have been out in the forefront of this all last year, but it looks like they adjusted.

In the end, that's all we could ask for.

The undergraduate conundrum is the still likely the biggest concern, but if ND continues to be a program built on high-school recruiting, and continues to pull in Top 10 classes, there shouldn't be much of a need for it. Every year is different based on roster turnover, but the method for success at ND is going to: A) recruit like hell the high school athletes, and B) use the portal to fill a few holes on the roster.

arrowryan

Reaction score
On the II podcast, Sampson said that he was told the plan is to take 7 right now. They’ll adjust that number, as needed.

Prister suggested that they could land 3 within the next week.

It was also said that 70% of ND players that transferred out were not asked back

NDdomer2

Local Sports vBookie
Reaction score
On the II podcast, Sampson said that he was told the plan is to take 7 right now. They’ll adjust that number, as needed.

It was also said that 70% of ND players that transferred out were not asked back
I could tell you that they have 3 based on all reports. Mitchell, Clark, Leonard.

allenm5333

Reaction score

Live ISD Transfer Portal Tracker using this tracker, it has 11 transfers out. I am going to exclude Tanona and say 10. Who do we think the 3 asked back were? My guess would be some combination of the WRs and Staes.

stlnd01

Was away. Now returned.
Reaction score
Maybe I’m naive but I’ve always been under the impression that - barring trouble - all scholarship players at Notre Dame are “asked back” at least until they have their degree. Ya know, the whole “4 for 40” thing that is integral to our recruiting and entire program.

Are we not doing that anymore?

arrowryan

Reaction score
Maybe I’m naive but I’ve always been under the impression that - barring trouble - all scholarship players at Notre Dame are “asked back” at least until they have their degree. Ya know, the whole “4 for 40” thing that is integral to our recruiting and entire program.

Those days are long gone

Kingbish01

Reaction score
And 15 career catches, 325 yards, 3 touchdowns is hard to replace?
No, but Tyree was a makeshift WR and the TE room is loaded. The others have a higher ceiling to "break out" if Tyree was gonna break out, he'd have done it 5 years ago.

dublinirish

Everestt Gholstonson
Reaction score

nope because keeping unproductive players around on your roster hogging up a spot is akin to giving your program the death penalty

NDPhilly

Philly Torqued
Reaction score
Idk if ND is asking underclassmen to leave. Anyone have an example? If Tobias says "i'm thinking of leaving" and MF goes "that might be the for the best", that doesnt really count.

JamIrish

Reaction score
So we started with taking 4-5(Driskell) transfers and now we're up to 7(Sampson). We're getting closer to double digits.