ND's Talking Heads ... The good, bad & ugly

Some Irish Bloke

Five foot nothin', a hundred and nothin'
Reaction score
Anybody see ESPN’s position U article?

I read it last night on the ESPN app and am so mad at myself for giving that clown a click. He rips on ND in the introduction of the article with a "Sorry ND, can't count Paul Hornung towards you being RBU," so it was no surprise that he omitted the Irish on both "TEU" and "OLU," which is a friggin joke.

Just bad journalism.

Irish du Nord

Reaction score
I read it last night on the ESPN app and am so mad at myself for giving that clown a click. He rips on ND in the introduction of the article with a "Sorry ND, can't count Paul Hornung towards you being RBU," so it was no surprise that he omitted the Irish on both "TEU" and "OLU," which is a friggin joke.

Just bad journalism.
All time I think we have decent claims for QBU and DLU as well if we really want to go there.

IHateMarkMay

IHateDavidPollackToo
Reaction score
As much as I hated to, I reclicked. They are giving weight to all conference selections, so that screws ND over a little bit. Not sure why someone being a first rounder in 2000 is the same as someone being a first rounder in 2018, but ESPN will do what they want to do. I'll leave it open if anyone wants to question it but not click.

IHateMarkMay

IHateDavidPollackToo
Reaction score
He's intentionally trolling ND fans for hate clicks. The only appropriate response is to ignore it completely. Anything else and he still wins.
Agreed, but it opens the door for conversation in this almost football season but recruiting dead period time. I'd like to see how they scored and how much weight they put on each accolade.

Some Irish Bloke

Reaction score
All time I think we have decent claims for QBU and DLU as well if we really want to go there.
He gave us a nod for DLU, basically as an honorable mention, which was a surprise to me considering he didn't give us a top 5 ranking for TE or OL. Just a shame when these journalists can't hide their biases.

Some Irish Bloke

Reaction score
He's intentionally trolling ND fans for hate clicks. The only appropriate response is to ignore it completely. Anything else and he still wins.
Exactly, I agree 100%, which is why I'm disappointed I clicked it last night but I didn't know this clown or his anti ND bias, now I know.

He's on my list.

Plankton

Reaction score
The whole point of these lists is to generate angst amongst the "slighted" fan bases.

To quote Bill Parcells, consider yourself sucked.

Some Irish Bloke

Reaction score
It was more of a work out metric "Freaks" article, not on field results. He didn't talk too much about the players' statistics and outlooks for this year, he mainly was focusing on their speed times and performances in the weight room.

greyhammer90

the drunk piano player
Reaction score
It was more of a work out metric "Freaks" article, not on field results. He didn't talk too much about the players' statistics and outlooks for this year, he mainly was focusing on their speed times and performances in the weight room.
Yeah I get it's not based on who is the best football player, but I figured the 265 lb player on the Biletnikoff watch-list would get a mention because that's pretty freaky haha. I also thought Tyree would get a mention due to his speed.

IrishLax

Something Witty
Staff member
Reaction score
Notre Dame poached John Brice from ISD to move internal for them and write feature articles on the team. Brice is/was one of the best coaching news "pros" out there from his time with Football Scoop. So it's going to be an interesting dynamic to see what happens now that he works directly for the mothership.

ISD is hiring Andre Mentock to backfill Brice's role.

GrangerIrish24

He who waits for it.
Reaction score
Notre Dame poached John Brice from ISD to move internal for them and write feature articles on the team. Brice is/was one of the best coaching news "pros" out there from his time with Football Scoop. So it's going to be an interesting dynamic to see what happens now that he works directly for the mothership.

Interesting move on NDs part. I always looked forward to his stuff on football scoop. John is really dialed in.

Huntr

24 Karat Shamrock
Reaction score

No, shit? Brice is really good. I'm happy to hear that. I like reading his stuff.

INLaw

Reaction score
NBC has not been the best business partner. If they ended up cbs would hate to have to spring for Paramount plus. Its pretty much the only major app one I don’t have but it is also where I finally put my foot down