Lou Holtz Not Returning to ESPN

Hautian Domer

Reaction score
Very true... I am surrounded by progressives in my industry (Higher Ed) and have constant exposure. I have to listen to them speak constantly. The problem is they never want to listen to the other side. Hell my campus had a sit-in to block a conservative speaker.
God help you for what you must endure daily...

Hautian Domer

Reaction score
It's ridiculous how some of you get so worked up over this.

"NOTRE DAME NEEDS TO DISTANCE HERSELF FROM LOU!!!!"

"TEAR DOWN THE STATUE!"

Admittedly, I'm conservative Indianian; however, I'm not too keen on Trump. That said, Lou is simply about old-fashioned values and accountability above all else. That doesn't exactly align with liberalism.

Lberry

Banned
Reaction score
Lou is 87. A good majority of the people he knows are of his same mindset, former players or dead.

I hope he gets better guests than what he's starting out with. For his own sake. Have Jimmy Johnson on there. That would be awesome.
Of what mindset, and can you compare/contrast that with the "right" mindset?

Katzenboyer

Reaction score

"TEAR DOWN THE STATUE!"

Admittedly, I'm conservative Indianian; however, I'm not too keen on Trump. That said, Lou is simply about old-fashioned values and accountability above all else. That doesn't exactly align with liberalism.

I agree with most of your points. But being about "old-fashioned values and accountability" and having one of your first guests be Urban Meyer is not a great way to get that point across!

GATTACA!

It's about to get gross
Reaction score

"TEAR DOWN THE STATUE!"

Do old fashioned values include cheating on your wife, groping a random lady in public, and running the dirtiest program in the country at multiple stops? Fielding an actual murderer at one point lol.

Jiggafini19Deux

What do you hillbillies want?
Reaction score
When I think of college sports and accountability, Bruce Pearl is the first guy that comes to mind. Right before Steve Alford.

a mike

Reaction score
I agree with most of your points. But being about "old-fashioned values and accountability" and having one of your first guests be Urban Meyer is not a great way to get that point across!

Do old fashioned values include cheating on your wife, groping a random lady in public, and running the dirtiest program in the country at multiple stops? Fielding an actual murderer at one point lol.

People who can discern and use nuance are able to separate a person's message/thoughts from that same person's actions/intentions

Mao loved overly emotional knee-jerk up in their feels no logic or critical thinking skills males

They were so simple to manipulate he was able to use them to murder millions

Virtue signalers ain't what they think they are. Just dull pawns--like lambs to slaughter

Jiggafini19Deux

Reaction score
I think Pete Carroll is only one out of four here, and he's supposedly a Liberal.

Katzenboyer

Reaction score
People who can discern and use nuance are able to separate a person's message/thoughts from that same person's actions/intentions

Mao loved overly emotional knee-jerk up in their feels no logic or critical thinking skills males

They were so simple to manipulate he was able to use them to murder millions

Virtue signalers ain't what they think they are. Just dull pawns--like lambs to slaughter
200w.gif

TorontoGold

Mr. Dumb Moron
Reaction score
All of this started because Dublin said "His statue is going to be removed someday". I don't think a single person has said he should have his statue taken down?

(FTR - I do not believe his statue should come down. You're entitled to opinions, it's not like he's actively doing harm.)

8j9ywc.jpg

Lberry

Banned
Reaction score
OMFG.....Lou is having guests who I don't agree/align with. You have to dig a pretty big hole to find a news show, podcast, etc. that doesn't offend someone. Thank God for free speech.
The truth is, if we required every guest to be squeeky cleen Jesus, there'd be no one.

Some of the most henous crimes are hidden behind a clean smile.

Jiggafini19Deux

Reaction score
I don't understand how thinking Urban Meyer and Bruce Pearl are scumbags means said person is "offended". It probably puts an individual in the majority. They don't offend me. I think they're both assholes and I'm not particularly interested in what they have to say.

Don't like them, don't care what they have to say, won't listen, but others will and Lou is free to have guests for his show as he sees fit. This all doesn't seem that difficult, right?

I'm not necessarily "aligned" with Jimmy Johnson or Dennis Erickson, but if Lou had them on his show, I might be inclined to listen to that.

IrishLion

I am Beyonce, always.
Staff member
Reaction score
Honestly surprised we’ve still got “National Anthem” content out there.

But I guess it makes sense that Bruce and Lou would be a few years late lol

ulukinatme

Carr for QB 2024!
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure it's almost a prerequisite when running for President that you have a dirty past or skeletons in your closet, there's few Popes in that office. Infidelity, lies, questionable campaign finances, backroom deals, politics is a shady business. It should be noted that personal beliefs often don't jive with the party politics you represent. The only two Catholic presidents in our history, Kennedy and Biden, have been liberal. Democrat policy towards abortion flies directly in the face on Catholicism's staunch stance on the issue. Trump's personal issues don't really align with Evangelicals' beliefs, but the two seem married to each other for whatever reason.

SeekNDestroy

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure it's almost a prerequisite when running for President that you have a dirty past or skeletons in your closet, there's few Popes in that office. Infidelity, lies, questionable campaign finances, backroom deals, politics is a shady business. It should be noted that personal beliefs often don't jive with the party politics you represent. The only two Catholic presidents in our history, Kennedy and Biden, have been liberal. Democrat policy towards abortion flies directly in the face on Catholicism's staunch stance on the issue. Trump's personal issues don't really align with Evangelicals' beliefs, but the two seem married to each other for whatever reason.
I would add, though, that abortion wasn’t an issue when Kennedy became president. I also think that the Democrat’s social justice platform aligns more with the Church’s teachings. As far as Trump and Evangelical’s marriage of convenience…it’s about quid pro quo. Trump gets their support and they get their policies.