Longtime OU WR Coach Resigns

ND88

Reaction score
Let all the facts come out first before politicizing this dude’s resignation.

As far as I’m concerned, the two forces of woke and anti-woke are mutually dependent on each other to exist, especially when it comes to words. It’s a contest of who can rile up the other side the most with canceling or complaining.

Bottom line: treat others as you’d like to be treated. If you say some stupid shit, acknowledge it and learn from it. If you call out someone for saying stupid shit, don’t be a hypocrite and lord over the other person like you haven’t said stupid shit before. Learn from it and move on.

Last edited:

stlnd01

Was away. Now returned.
Reaction score
Must say, I did not have Brett Venables as a paragon of "woke cancel culture" on my bingo card when I got out of bed this morning.

NorthDakota

Grandson of Loomis
Reaction score
Hope the kid feels bad, particularly if the coach just read what the kid wrote.

House16

Reaction score
You cannot be reasonable and woke. It is an all in proposition. If you are not full woke you eventually pay the piper. Eventually wokeness eats its own.
I feel like there's a massive gulf between "it's wrong to fire someone for repeatedly saying the N word" and, for example, "gender isn't real". I'd dare say 99% of people on this board and about 95% of Americans fall between those two camps and have never "paid the piper" for it.

du Lac

CEO of IE
Reaction score
Venables covering this up so early in his career. What else has he covered up?

stlnd01

Was away. Now returned.
Reaction score
Venables covering this up so early in his career. What else has he covered up?
Covering what up? That one of his assistants did something incredibly inappropriate and so he canned the guy?

Yes I'm sure he advised his players not to go mouthing off on social media but that's not a coverup.