Key games to watch this weekend

G

Texas-Nebraska
Michiga-Iowa
Tenn-Bama

Don't see any upsets here, but Nebraska has a prayer because its a home game, and a huge game for them, and Callahan. Iowa doesn't stand a chance IMO, their offensive line won't allow them to have a productive running game, and Tate will be on his backside all day long. Plus it doesn't help when you suffer a demoralizing loss to Indiana the week before. Tennesse should roll against Bama, but you never know with those SEC schools, would be nice to get Tennesse off our backs.

Some other games of lesser note would be Indiana-OSU, no way Indiana wins or even keeps it close, but they do have a great coach, and a promising young QB. Cuse-Louisville could be interesting, Cuse did play WVU close in the first half last week, and Louisville did play poorly against an awful Cincy team.

Pitt-Rutgers should be an interesting game, I'm pulling for Rutgers, because I'd like to see them undefeated when they face WVU and/or Louisville. I don't think Rutgers is as good as WVU, or Louisville but being undefeated will give them a lot of swagger, and confidence heading into those matchups.

GTech-Clemson, need to pull for GT here, that win against them is looking more and more impressive every week.

maison bleu

Banned
Reaction score
Texas-Nebraska
Michiga-Iowa
Tenn-Bama

Don't see any upsets here, but Nebraska has a prayer because its a home game, and a huge game for them, and Callahan. Iowa doesn't stand a chance IMO, their offensive line won't allow them to have a productive running game, and Tate will be on his backside all day long. Plus it doesn't help when you suffer a demoralizing loss to Indiana the week before. Tennesse should roll against Bama, but you never know with those SEC schools, would be nice to get Tennesse off our backs.

Some other games of lesser note would be Indiana-OSU, no way Indiana wins or even keeps it close, but they do have a great coach, and a promising young QB. Cuse-Louisville could be interesting, Cuse did play WVU close in the first half last week, and Louisville did play poorly against an awful Cincy team.

Pitt-Rutgers should be an interesting game, I'm pulling for Rutgers, because I'd like to see them undefeat when they face WVU and/or Louisville. I don't think Rutgers is as good as WVU, or Louisville but being undefeated will give them a lot of swagger, and confidence heading into those matchups.

GTech-Clemson, need to pull for GT here, that win against them is looking more and more impressive every week.

I could see Iowa having some success if they drop all pretense of running the ball and instead have Tate rolling out and throwing on nearly every play. A fact not widely publicized: 4 or 5 Michigan DBs have had broken hands this season. Several play in casts or braces. I'd be aggressive and go at them, on the theory that INTs are difficult without two good hands.

Vanderbilt won at Georgia last week. I keep reminding myself of this fact.

N

NDAlumSon

Key Games

Key Games

Texas-Nebraska
Michiga-Iowa
Tenn-Bama

Pitt-Rutgers should be an interesting game

GTech-Clemson, need to pull for GT here
I don't see upsets among the first three.
Pitt-Rutgers should be telling.
GT- Clemson is important for ND's prospects. I like GT in the upset.
Oregon-Wash St. should be a good game in a now competitive PAC-10.

jiggafini19

The Pope
Reaction score
If Iowa goes up to Michigan and wins, I would probably laugh until Tuesday.

Drew Tate gets all of his attention because of his size. Michigan's defense eats Oompa Loompas like him for breakfast.

Stranger things have happened, but I'd give Michigan a pretty high confidence level.

marv81s

v v v KamaraPolice's GF
Reaction score
Iowa lost to Indiana! Nuff said in my opinion. Cake walk for Michigan! There's no way Michigan can lose that game!

Hope that is enough to put a hex on Michigan.

tedwick

GBL WRMNG ISA LIE
Reaction score
THERE IS NO WAY MICHIGAN LOSES THIS GAME!!!

(descend, o ye gods of college football)

while i'm on that thought...
THERE IS NO WAY TEXAS LOSES, EITHER!!!

marv81s

v v v KamaraPolice's GF
Reaction score
Both are gimmies, no point in Nebraska and Iowa even showing up!!!!

jiggafini19

The Pope
Reaction score
That Ga Tech and Clemson game is the one.

Clemson's gaudy offensive stats vs. the Tenuta Jacket defense is enough to sway me toward watching that game.

Seymore

Reaction score
Unless Iowa's learned to tackle this week, and their secondary has improved, Michigan rolls easily.

G

Some key games this upcoming Saturday to watch are

Texas-Texas Tech
USC-Oregon State
Tennesse-South Carolina
Georgia-Florida

I don't see any upsets here, I'd probably give South Carolina the best shot, seeing how they played Auburn tough. Georgia can match Florida talent wise at most positions, but Stafford is awful for them right now, he just isn't ready to be a starting QB, FL will blitz him all day long. Texas and USC should roll.

N

NDAlumSon

I don't see upsets among the first three.
Pitt-Rutgers should be telling.
GT- Clemson is important for ND's prospects. I like GT in the upset.
Oregon-Wash St. should be a good game in a now competitive PAC-10.

There were almost more than three !
What's telling is how bad a coach Wannstedt is.
If GT had a quarterback, not only would they be BCS eligible, but Calvin Johnson would win the Heisman.
I had a feelin'. WASU is dangerous.

Reaction score
The biggest game for next week is USC-Oregon State. For ND to have a chance to get into the NC we need USC to win out and for us to beat them and then for Ohio State to beat Michigan. If Michigan wins, they'll go to the NC, and pollsters won't want to see a rematch of the ass-kicking.

We've got a shot, though, however slim it may be.