Reaction score
Yep. Later cigs. I'm hammeredtown!

Happy new year to my Irish brothers.

Wish me luck on this one!

BobD

Can't get no satisfaction
Reaction score
You can do it!

I quit almost 5 years ago and I've never felt better. I used Lemonheads.

NDinMich

Reaction score
Kodiak helped me quit smoking...

Sunflower Seeds and my son helped me quit chewing

Good luck!

ohara831

Reaction score
Congrats! I quit 5 years ago, and love it. Food tastes better, clothes dont smell smokey, and I feel so much better. Take up walking some each day. I did not do the Sunflower snack, although I hear that works. I took up snacking on a few grapes and fruit. Whatever works - just try to keep it healthy.

23145tp

Reaction score
Good luck, it's the best thing you can do for a new years resolution...imho..:cheers:

phork

Raining On Your Parade
Reaction score
3 Months is a huge brick wall. Stay the course bro, you got support here!

4irishnation

Reaction score
3 years smoke free here. It isn't easy but IMO it is impossible unless you honestly want it. I still can't have a beer and not think about it, but refuse it. I don't know about food tasting better, but I know I feel better. CONGRATS!!!! best of luck you have supporters here.

Irishnuke

CFB Message Board Guy
Reaction score
Should have waited til after national signing day. Seriously though congrats.

irishog77

NOT SINBAD's NEPHEW
Reaction score
quit smoking cigs or pole? either way congrats man.

One day at a time, tko, one day at a time. Cigarettes today...and hopefully pole tomorrow (or soon thereafter).

Seriously though, congrats Mr Larson.

Reactions: tko

Mr. Larson

Reaction score
Thanks for the kind words and advice. Still going strong (I know it hasn't been that long, but it sort of feels like it has been).

For those of you who have already quit is it normal to want to punch everyone in the face? Is that just me?

Mihalko35

Reaction score
I quit 3 days ago. I'm using the CVS brand gum (4 mg). Let's keep it up guys!!!

Mr. Larson

Reaction score
Me too bro, still going strong after 4 days. Been chewing a ton of gum lately. Trident layers isn't bad tasting.

Keep up the good work!

I feel like I should be decked out in Affliction/Tap Out gear right now. On my way back into work I cross paths with the office close talker. Everything this guy says is guaranteed to have a neutral impact on your day ("Cold enough for ya?", "You're going the wrong way" etc- walking cliche- easily shrugged off). In passing he leans in way too close for comfort to say "Boy, Is it ever going to warm up?" and I really wanted to drive a shoulder into his chest.

Usually a laid back guy.

ACamp1900

Counting my ‘bet against ND’ winnings
Reaction score
I quit cold turkey about ten years back... the only time it was hard was when I was around other smokers...

I would suggest trying to avoid social settings with other smokers until you are completely sure you can handle it...

just a little tip...

good luck

Cali_domer

Banned
Reaction score
Congrats on quitting it is a bitch. After smoking 20 yrs I have got 4 months under my belt.

Mr. Larson

Reaction score
Still holding Sherm. Literally dreamt about it last night and held out then too. How about you?