How will Charlies first recruiting class rank?

How will Charlies first recruiting class rank?

• Nation's Best

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • In the Top 3

Votes: 6 30.0%
  • In the Top 5

Votes: 6 30.0%
  • In the Top 10

Votes: 7 35.0%
  • In the Top 20

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • a:5:{i:33;a:5:{s:12:"polloptionid";i:33;s:6:"nodeid";s:7:"2881861";s:5:"title";s:13:"Nation's Best";

Votes: 1 5.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Aerosmith777

Reaction score
I'll be cautiously optimistic and say top 10. I know there's a good chance at a top 5 class w/ the effort he puts into recruiting, but I don't wanna get my hopes too far up. Class ranking is over-rated anyway, I doubt there's a world of difference between having the #7 or 8 class in the country and having the #4 or 5. As long as some good, talented kids get in there at key positions (cornerback in particular) I'll be happy. Should be a good class though, already getting a commitment from a good RB prospect is big. Can't remember getting a commitment this early during Willingham or even Davie's time (although admitedly I didn't follow recruiting that closely back then). Should be a sign of good things to come.

nayers

www.digitaldynamics.org
Reaction score
I'll be cautiously optimistic and say top 5, I think this class will look like Nebraska's did, maybe a little better

R

Rip Rap

I said top-5.

The fact of the matter is, before Willingham, we always had top-10 classes. Now we have the best coaching staff Notre Dame has seen since Lou Holtz, and possibly the best coaching staff in the nation. Weis may be unproven as a head coach, but offensive players in particular would be crazy to overlook what Weis and Cutcliffe have done elsewhere.

I believe we have the maximum number of scholarships available to give out, and can certainly promise early playing time to any real studs. We will likely have a big, talented class unlike any we've seen in a long while.

brucejcarr

Reaction score
No doubt top 10, but if we win 8 games and our bowl for 9 total, we will have a top three class!

irishtexan

Oklahoma smells like pee
Reaction score
i put top 10, but i hope for a top 5. i think there some of these new guys that will be coming in will have a real shot at starting right away. it would be impressive to see ray herring get some real playing time next year.

irishtexan

Oklahoma smells like pee
Reaction score
i found this also today on the sporting news website. http://www.sportingnews.com/cfootball/

the second question down sparks a good response. if quinn doesnt finish his years at notre dame like we hope he can, im pretty sure charlie will recruit someone who can make a run for the heisman.

G

I voted for a top 10 class, but a a top 5 class is a real possibility. If ND wins at least 7 or 8 games and plays very competitive in every game a top 5 class is very likely, because of the possibility for early playing time.

Wide Receivers, and O Linemen recruits will have a shot at early playing time. I also expect us to get a very good QB in this class.

With Munir on board, and if Aldridge commits soon, other potential recruits will take notice of this and want to follow suit.

bmf175

Reaction score
As far as stars go top 5 with some good games this season, as far as quality of kids go best in the nation.

Whats more important star ratings or quality kids that want to play tough football for a coach that thinks tough? Not to mention all of the touh kids he is bringing in are very talented.

jiggafini19

The Pope
Reaction score
bmf175 said:
As far as stars go top 5 with some good games this season, as far as quality of kids go best in the nation.

Whats more important star ratings or quality kids that want to play tough football for a coach that thinks tough? Not to mention all of the touh kids he is bringing in are very talented.

The star ratings are so overrated. To me, it is all about fitting into a system and applying a player's talents to what kind of offense/defense you're running. Look at Nebraska about ten years ago. They ran that option to perfection and won titles without "five star players."

Look what Iowa is doing lately. They didn't get a highly publicized class until this past February. The guys they've been winning with are mid-tier high school players, but they are very well coached over there.

I