General team info

CanadalovesND

Reaction score
So on the Ii pod, Sampson said a prominent name will transfer. Guess?

I wonder what prominence means in this case. By name or by player? For instance, Deion Colzie is a prominent name because he's always been a guy that has been talked about as being "on the cusp", but never made much noise on the game field.

Tyson Ford too is a prominent name given his recruiting ranking, but hasn't played much at all to this point.

Irish4life

Reaction score
So on the Ii pod, Sampson said a prominent name will transfer. Guess?
We're definitely losing 4 guys to get to 85, and CLew is already in the portal. I could see a QB, RB, WR, and OT leave. Also could see someone on the DL leave too.

NDohio

Reaction score
Just rip the band aid off. Go ahead and enter the portal so we can get our freak out over with and move on.

Irishokie

Reaction score
Hope it’s not Rubio or Cross or whoever the interior DL is that’s been away from the program.

stlnd01

Was away. Now returned.
Reaction score
Hope it’s not Rubio or Cross or whoever the interior DL is that’s been away from the program.
Rubio is the one who’s been away from the program. But Sampson sounded very optimistic he would return, in a recent mailbag I think it was.
Why would Cross leave? If he wanted to get paid more he would have left in December.

317Irish

Grits are a$$
Reaction score
We're definitely losing 4 guys to get to 85, and CLew is already in the portal. I could see a QB, RB, WR, and OT leave. Also could see someone on the DL leave too.
All 4 QBs decide they don’t want to compete and head their own way…

Rockin’Irish

Hearing Impaired
Reaction score
The II pod has mentioned Tyson Ford was absent from practice a couple times but I wouldn’t say he is a prominent name.

IrishBoognish

Reaction score
The II pod has mentioned Tyson Ford was absent from practice a couple times but I wouldn’t say he is a prominent name.

Oh he's gone though.

There was an AL Golden quote from not too long ago where he damn near said straight up he would transfer if he was Tyson

Al loves him, but he's clearly just not good enough to make an impact. SIAP

(In that same pod, and the same quote, Prister made it clear specifically that it was a prominent *player* not just a prominent name)

My guess is Colzie. I know some may argue the definition of prominent player and Colzie with me, but he played a lot last year and made some contributions.

I think he gone, and maybe Minchey too because he got passed by Carr.

stlnd01

Was away. Now returned.
Reaction score
Oh he's gone though.

There was an AL Golden quote from not too long ago where he damn near said straight up he would transfer if he was Tyson

Al loves him, but he's clearly just not good enough to make an impact. SIAP

(In that same pod, and the same quote, Prister made it clear specifically that it was a prominent *player* not just a prominent name)

My guess is Colzie. I know some may argue the definition of prominent player and Colzie with me, but he played a lot last year and made some contributions.

I think he gone, and maybe Minchey too because he got passed by Carr.
Honestly if it's Ford or Minchey or Colzie it would be surprising but not unexpected, if you know what I mean. A bummer, and perhaps a mistake, but logical from their perspective. Bigger deal if it's someone actually in the two-deep, who some team with lots of money to throw around might buy off. We have not really lost one of those yet. It would be... unfortunate.

Rasputin

1869 - Present
Reaction score
Honestly if it's Ford or Minchey or Colzie it would be surprising but not unexpected, if you know what I mean. A bummer, and perhaps a mistake, but logical from their perspective. Bigger deal if it's someone actually in the two-deep, who some team with lots of money to throw around might buy off. We have not really lost one of those yet. It would be... unfortunate.

You'd have to think if it was someone of the mindset that they could be bought off by the highest bidder they wouldn't have landed at Notre Dame in the first place. Ford, Minchey and Colzie are reasonable guesses though. An OL seems reasonable too.

IrishLion

I am Beyonce, always.
Staff member
Reaction score
My dooms day scenario was thinking B Mo hahaha

shut-the-fuck-up-dave-chappelle.gif

bumpdaddy

Reaction score
For the record, Prister said he has a prominent player in mind but he also provided an out. He told O'Malley if that player ends up transferring he will reveal that's who he was talking about and if he doesn't he'll also reveal that's who he thought was going to transfer but didn't. So it sounds like Prister doesn't know anything for sure. He likely has some inside info but nothing concrete.

stlnd01

Was away. Now returned.
Reaction score
You'd have to think if it was someone of the mindset that they could be bought off by the highest bidder they wouldn't have landed at Notre Dame in the first place. Ford, Minchey and Colzie are reasonable guesses though. An OL seems reasonable too.
Sure, and I think we are more inoculated to this than most. W/one or two possible exceptions I don't think any of our outbound transfers in last couple of years were bought off or otherwise induced to leave. Most have pretty clearly been backups going down the CFB food chain in search of playing time.

But remember when Bama reportedly offered Michael Mayer $1M to transfer there before his last season? Eventually someone will take up that sort of offer.

arrowryan

Reaction score
For the record, Prister said he has a prominent player in mind but he also provided an out. He told O'Malley if that player ends up transferring he will reveal that's who he was talking about and if he doesn't he'll also reveal that's who he thought was going to transfer but didn't. So it sounds like Prister doesn't know anything for sure. He likely has some inside info but nothing concrete.

That’s terrible journalism/radio.

Irish du Nord

Reaction score
4 guys to get to 85 could be done by medical scholarships as well, not necessarily just transfers

IAIrish

The Dude Abides
Reaction score
The way they portrayed some of the back channeling, it sounds waaay more rampant than what we fans know.

My guess is all of our top players have received offers. My guess to who Prister is referencing is Price, Love, Greathouse, Gray, Ausberry, Sneed, or Morrison. Thinking young, non-draft eligible skill position players.

Honestly, this is probably one of the unseen areas where Freeman should get more credit. It's clear players want to play for him and he's got the culture of the program dialed in. Keep nil competitive while continuing to tout the degree is the way to combat it.