Gary Gray

St.Kittsnd

Reaction score
It is on Rivals that Gray announced his decision date and the six schools that he will be choosing from. Does anybody know whether we made the list and does anyone know the date. It sounds like it might be soon.

jiggafini19

The Pope
Reaction score
Short and sweet synopsis of the article:

He is deciding next Thursday. It is down to Notre Dame, South Carolina, Florida, Florida State, Tennessee and NC State. He just visited ND for junior day a few weeks ago but grew up as an FSU fan and he just got their offer, as well as one from Urban and the Gators.

His three factors are getting an education, playing early and the best decision for him and his family.

St.Kittsnd

Reaction score
I think we may be in a 2 out of 3 ain't bad situation. At the DB position, he will play immediately, he will get a great education but his family will have to travel a long way to see him play live. That being said, they can watch him on tv every weekend.

It doesn't sound good that he waited until he got his offer from FSU and, immediately thereafter, will make his decision.

IRISHMAN

Reaction score
i think gary gray picks ND, this is one of the players that jimmy clausen has been in close contact with and not to mention he wants to enroll early, education is important to him and that CW has recruited him personally.

jiggafini19

The Pope
Reaction score
It all sounds good, but South Carolina and Florida State worry me. He goes to all of the Gamecock games, some practices and basketball games. Ouch. He practically lives there from what he is telling people.

"I really liked pretty much everything about Notre Dame."

This comment bodes well.

scooper

Cincy Bail Bonds
Reaction score
The gamecocks are my biggest worry. Some factors to consider in our favor:

He drove from SC for a junior day.
He reported in to JC after attending said junior day.
He is scheduled to attend the B&G game.
Charlie is recruiting him personally.

Obviously we can't say for sure, but I like our chances.

jiggafini19

The Pope
Reaction score
He is scheduled to attend the B&G game.

Yeah, he said he'll be there with Clausen. His announcement is March 23 and the Blue Gold Game is April 22.

Lookin' good.

Reaction score
jiggafini19 said:
Yeah, he said he'll be there with Clausen. His announcement is March 23 and the Blue Gold Game is April 22.
Lookin' good.

My God Jigga, you almost made me shit my pants. I forgot all about that.

From that alone I'd say ND is looking good. I don't think FSU is a major player... it's SC alone that I worry about.

This might be one of those rare 50/50 situations.

jiggafini19

The Pope
Reaction score
joresendez said:
if you had to guess jiggs....where do you think he goes???

I usually lean from realist to pessimist, so take this for what it is worth...I say Notre Dame.

The fact that Weis handled his recruitment personally, Bill Lewis told him he could come in THIS fall and play and he still plans on being at the Blue Gold Game a month after he announces make it seem like he's leaning to ND.

I still think South Carolina can creep into his mind, though.

But I'll take Notre Dame as his choice and my final answer.

IRISHMAN

Reaction score
dgiorgioiii said:
Anyone think his choice will give an indication of whom Clausen may choose.
No! Jimmy Clausen is going to do his own thing, if anything JC decision will have an effect on what other recruits do.

grantland

Reaction score
IRISHMAN said:
No! Jimmy Clausen is going to do his own thing, if anything JC decision will have an effect on what other recruits do.

I am not saying Clausen will be the follower.

Rather, I am saying that, if the two have spoken frequently, then Jimmy may have given an indication of where he is leaning.

J

joresendez

yeah i was thinking that too.....IF gray values jimmy clausen to the point where there is some kind of mutual agreement.....then perhaps his decision is an indicator of clausen's final destination.....however this is dependent on whether or not gray and clausen have some kind of agreement...

jiggafini19

The Pope
Reaction score
Clausen is going to choose Notre Dame. If he hasn't already. His coach and all of the buzz on the sites seem to point to this.

IRISHMAN

Reaction score
joresendez said:
however this is dependent on whether or not gray and clausen have some kind of agreement...
they might, but im not sure how much of a connection the top QB and top CB would have. unless clausen wants gray to come to ND so he doesn't pickoff any of his passes.

O

OhioIrish3

i have a bad feeling he will choose SC, because if he spends that much time around them..going to practices, games, etc. it will be hard to land him...but since charlie is recruiting him we have a chance but i bet he goes with sc

J

joresendez

Quote:
Originally Posted by joresendez
however this is dependent on whether or not gray and clausen have some kind of agreement...

they might, but im not sure how much of a connection the top QB and top CB would have. unless clausen wants gray to come to ND so he doesn't pickoff any of his passes.
Today 06:13 PM

....i understand your point....but these kids know that if they want to assemble a national championship team.....it needs to be on both sides of the football....it seems to me that clausen understands that he can not do it on his own....so i think he's smart to form some group agreements....matter fact, im surpised recruits have not done that more often....maybe its an ego thing...i dont know....anyway, point is im sure clausen would rather have gray on his team than against him

I

iloveirish_12

He is going to go to FSU. He just got an offer from them and now he is picking his college. That can't be good for Notre Dame. Plus he was a fan as a kid.

nayers

www.digitaldynamics.org
Reaction score
jiggafini19 said:
Clausen is going to choose Notre Dame. If he hasn't already. His coach and all of the buzz on the sites seem to point to this.

I usually take what you say as near prophecy let alone fact, but don't you think that is just a tad bit presumptuous

jiggafini19

The Pope
Reaction score
nayers said:
I usually take what you say as near prophecy let alone fact, but don't you think that is just a tad bit presumptuous

His high school coach said point blank to Rivals that he'd be shocked if Jimmy went anywhere else.

Maybe he hasn't verballed already, maybe he has....but I really think he's Notre Dame's recruit to lose at this point. He's leaning so hard he might fall down.

As long there are no surprises like Gerald McCoy, I think it looks pretty good.

I

irish4life99

jiggafini19 said:
His high school coach said point blank to Rivals that he'd be shocked if Jimmy went anywhere else.
Maybe he hasn't verballed already, maybe he has....but I really think he's Notre Dame's recruit to lose at this point. He's leaning so hard he might fall down.
As long there are no surprises like Gerald McCoy, I think it looks pretty good.

In retro, was McCoy really a suprise? I mean we found out that he's got a girl and a kid at home that he would have had to leave. Also, I don't remember a lot of hype about coming here. I know we were in the final three, but the writing was on the wall for weeks before his announcement.

I

irishwavend

irish4life99 said:
In retro, was McCoy really a suprise? I mean we found out that he's got a girl and a kid at home that he would have had to leave. Also, I don't remember a lot of hype about coming here. I know we were in the final three, but the writing was on the wall for weeks before his announcement.

I second that motion...McCoy was in NO way a surprise to me.

jiggafini19

The Pope
Reaction score
irishwavend said:
I second that motion...McCoy was in NO way a surprise to me.

Depends on who you talk to. In hindsight, yeah sure, no shock.

But there were a few people, like the guys over a BGI, that thought he was a pretty solid ND lean. His conversations with Jappy Oliver, Mike Haywood and Charlie Weis were very very good. I think he really liked ND a lot. At this point, it is neither here nor there, but from all that I gathered from months of recruiting it looked like ND was in real good shape up until January. Then the bottom fell out.

I

iloveirish_12

Its not on T.V. at all is it? Like espnews or anything like that.

Reaction score
irish4life99 said:

A girl and a kid? He was a father?