Francis Scott Key Bridge Collapses

PolishDomer

Reaction score
Port of Baltimore is one of the busiest ports in the US...it seems odd that this sort of thing happened. Like someone said, there is usually a harbor pilot at the helm. I have a strange feeling about this particular case...

calvegas04

Reaction score
Port of Baltimore is one of the busiest ports in the US...it seems odd that this sort of thing happened. Like someone said, there is usually a harbor pilot at the helm. I have a strange feeling about this particular case...
Heard Biden partnered up Ukrainian aliens to shift the ocean current to guide the ship into the bridge.

irishff1014

Reaction score
They found 2 of the construction workers this afternoon.

There will be a lot of speculation but I am not sure anyone really knows what happened.

zelezo vlk

Reaction score
I don't think this had anything to do with whether there was a pilot at the helm or not. The ship suffered a power failure, resulting in an almost complete lack of control and drifted off course into the bridge.

Don’t be ridiculous. There was a second pilot on the grassy knoll cutting the power with a magic bullet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

IrishLion

I am Beyonce, always.
Staff member
Reaction score
Ship lost power, they dropped anchor... the anchor combined with tide/current resulted in the ship swinging in the worst possible direction.

The ship sent out a distress call, the cops were able to stop *some* traffic.

Video shows the power going on and off on the boat.

Occam's Razor says this was a terrible disaster that the ship's crew did everything they could to try and mitigate.

I guess that's not as fun as posting vague speculation about the captain, crew, government officials, etc.

StPaul_Irish

Resident Smart Ass
Reaction score

The pilot would be "Conning" the ship. A "wheelsman" or "Helmsman" would be steering or actually imputing rudder commands into the helm. A Lee-Helmsman in most cases is putting inputs into the engine order telegraph aka. sending engine orders to the engine room. The Engine room them opens and closes values ect to apply power to the screws.

So many people on the internets are acting like conning a huge cargo ship is like driving a lake boat. I assure you it is not. Currents can still push these things off course.

As to the plomb of black smoke and what appears to be the ship turning/accelerating. It is my understanding that when power was restored, the Pilot/Capt ordered emergency/flank power to the starboard screw, full flank forward to the port screw and HARD OVER of the rudder. AKA "pouring on the coals" They tried to more or less whip the ship into a skiddy steer around the pilon.

Could it be a cyber hack job, intentional act? Sure, I would say it is probable but with a low degree of confidence. Sometimes ships lose power and just hit shit. Go on youtube, some pretty cool vids.

_ Thanks for letting me nerd out

Ndaccountant

Old Hoss
Reaction score
Ship lost power, they dropped anchor... the anchor combined with tide/current resulted in the ship swinging in the worst possible direction.

The ship sent out a distress call, the cops were able to stop *some* traffic.

Video shows the power going on and off on the boat.

Occam's Razor says this was a terrible disaster that the ship's crew did everything they could to try and mitigate.

I guess that's not as fun as posting vague speculation about the captain, crew, government officials, etc.
You are such a sheep. That's exactly what the media wants you to think to protect against the truth. It was clearly a Russian response for the US funded and backed attack in Moscow.

In before Lberry.

notredomer23

Staph Member
Reaction score
Take out the disaster aspect of this. Am I the only one surprised that these container ships are only manned by 22 people? Idk why but I just assumed there'd need to be well over 100.

NorthDakota

Grandson of Loomis
Reaction score
Take out the disaster aspect of this. Am I the only one surprised that these container ships are only manned by 22 people? Idk why but I just assumed there'd need to be well over 100.
I am not surprised only because I remembered the Captain Phillips thing when I was in high school and that was only twenty-some crew as well.

Blazers46

My adjectives are wise, brilliant and handsome.
Reaction score
I am not surprised only because I remembered the Captain Phillips thing when I was in high school and that was only twenty-some crew as well.
Makes sense. These pirates roll up on tug boats and take over a “whole ship”.

IrishLion

I am Beyonce, always.
Staff member
Reaction score
I heard the new design was just one big rainbow....

Chemicals in the water turn the friggin' bridges gay

imrs.php

zelezo vlk

Reaction score
Nah there's not a need for more. Now that the dang engines took the job of reefing sails and hauling from good honest sailors they cut all the labor from ships!

Blazers46

Reaction score
I did just read that the construction workers that plummeted into the water where Hispanic construction workers, some from Mexico. If anyone is making this political the present of Mexico is suggesting that this is a result of Americans mistreating immigrants. Or something like that. I thought that was a pretty dumb statement.

Last edited:

rikkitikki08

Reaction score
I did just read that the construction workers that plummeted into the water where Hispanic construction workers, and some of them not US citizens. If anyone is making this political the present of Mexico is suggesting that this is a result of Americans mistreating immigrants. Or something like that. I thought that was a pretty dumb statement.
Id assume DPW city workers they’d have to be American citizens no? Either way I suppose it doesn’t really matter, shitty way to go out regardless where you are from

Blazers46

Reaction score
Id assume DPW city workers they’d have to be American citizens no? Either way I suppose it doesn’t really matter, shitty way to go out regardless where you are from
Green card holders can find work in city and state government pretty easily. I might have read it wrong and they could be citizens, doesn’t matter in the context of the accident but just saying in context of Mexican President suggesting and using this as an example of the IS treating immigrants badly is pretty dumb.

TorontoGold

Mr. Dumb Moron
Reaction score
Green card holders can find work in city and state government pretty easily. I might have read it wrong and they could be citizens, doesn’t matter in the context of the accident but just saying in context of Mexican President suggesting and using this as an example of the IS treating immigrants badly is pretty dumb.

Is he wrong? Do migrants illegal/legal not work dangerous jobs? Do politicians show indifference to them and are insensitive about their lives?

Human beings should always be treated better. It really *shouldn't* matter their immigration status when someone dies in an accident.

Mexico President Andrés Manuel López Obrador says the collapse of the Francis Scott Key Bridge in Baltimore shows that "migrants go out and do risky jobs at midnight" and as a result they "do not deserve to be treated as they are by certain insensitive, irresponsible politicians in the United States."

Rockin’Irish

Hearing Impaired
Reaction score
I read that two of the workers were from Guatemala but nothing about their citizenship status. I believe there were 6 other people on the bridge when it collapsed.

Rockin’Irish

Hearing Impaired
Reaction score
Is he wrong? Do migrants illegal/legal not work dangerous jobs? Do politicians show indifference to them and are insensitive about their lives?

Human beings should always be treated better. It really *shouldn't* matter their immigration status when someone dies in an accident.

I think this has been the case for many many years. My grandparents and their brothers/sisters all immigrated to the US and they had to take whatever work they could find in order to take care of their families. Of course, the government was not giving them entitlements in order to help sustain themselves back then. Immigrants have commonly had to take on some difficult work assignments but I also think this can be a galvanizing opportunity for them (it certainly was for my family). The fact that the two Guatamalan workers were apparenlty killed (I don’t know if their bodies have been recovered) in a freak accident doesn’t mean that they should be used as an example for migrants being taken advantage of or treated badly. I’d bet they felt fortunate to have opportunity that they didn’t have in their home country.

ndfanatic78

Reaction score
You are such a sheep. That's exactly what the media wants you to think to protect against the truth. It was clearly a Russian response for the US funded and backed attack in Moscow.

In before Lberry.
Ok so I am really high right now so you have to read this with your best Spocoli voice - "Dude, but what if, man?"

giphy.gif