Facebook/Twitter

scUM Hater

Live to see scUM lose.
Reaction score
Just curious how many members don't have a facebook or twitter account? I choose to not have either.

Cali_domer

Banned
Reaction score
I deactivated Facebook a year ago and I have a twitter account but forgot my screen name and password.

BobD

Can't get no satisfaction
Reaction score
Facebook for keeping up to date on my family and friends, but I don't post much.
No Twitter.

ACamp1900

Counting my ‘bet against ND’ winnings
Reaction score
I am aware of a thing called twitter and once saw a movie about Facebook...

This site is as close to that stuff I get

GoIrish41

Paterfamilius
Reaction score
Have facebook, which I very rarely go on. No twitter.

I personally think that social media sites and smartphones are making our kids socially inept. Go to any public place where there are teenagers -- even the ones who are there together -- and see how many of them are ignoring that personal connection for communicating with someone else over the phone.

GDomer09

Chronic Dialect
Reaction score
Hoping this helps make a difference

Hoping this helps make a difference

First off I very rarely get on Facebook unless it's to talk/view family and friends, mostly long distance.

Believe it or not there are still a lot of people out there that choose not to take advantage of Facebook. I found most to be older and not trying to understand the positives. All they know is the negatives like the people who post there whole life story like everybody cares.

I work with much older gentleman than myself and used to get the whole head shake for having a Facebook account and, "Pick up a phone and call them" statement. This is true, but you can't share pictures over the phone. . I told them how great it is for keeping in touch with friends and family near and far and how it's like an instant emailing. The ones that actually cared to listen and let me show them, have changed their opinion. Also how you can access it through your phone is a plus.

GDomer09

Chronic Dialect
Reaction score
Have facebook, which I very rarely go on. No twitter.

I personally think that social media sites and smartphones are making our kids socially inept. Go to any public place where there are teenagers -- even the ones who are there together -- and see how many of them are ignoring that personal connection for communicating with someone else over the phone.

I do agree with this. Everything in moderation. I think it can be an addiction to some. I've witnessed it Young and Old!

Irish#1

Livin' Your Dream!
Reaction score
First off I very rarely get on Facebook unless it's to talk/view family and friends, mostly long distance.

Believe it or not there are still a lot of people out there that choose not to take advantage of Facebook. I found most to be older and not trying to understand the positives. All they know is the negatives like the people who post there whole life story like everybody cares.

I work with much older gentleman than myself and used to get the whole head shake for having a Facebook account and, "Pick up a phone and call them" statement. This is true, but you can't share pictures over the phone. . I told them how great it is for keeping in touch with friends and family near and far and how it's like an instant emailing. The ones that actually cared to listen and let me show them, have changed their opinion. Also how you can access it through your phone is a plus.

I had a FB account but closed it two years ago. I have a Twitter but don't use it too much.

I'm 60 and run IT for the company I work for. I understand the significance of technology, but your "older gentlemen" is right. We have moved too far away from human interaction. Besides, I really don't care if Sally had to do the laundry that day or the Timmy ate a crayon.

woolybug25

#1 Vineyard Vines Fan
Reaction score
I don't have a FB out of principle. I hate what it does to people and I am against letting people that far into my life. The world is turning into an episode of the Truman Show.

Furthermore, I like to believe that I don't have to constantly be putting myself out there to feel like I am worth something. FB is just a platform for people to play a persona that doesn't actually exist in real life.

I spend too much time hanging with you dudes to add another social network to my life. I choose to rather take that time and be a better husband, friend and family member.

I am not a lemming...

chicago51

Reaction score
Similar to woolybug I don't have facebook out of pure principle. I'm thinking of getting one to communicate and post political info and other things I am passionate about.

I do run the website for the youth football organization I am a part of but that is the extent of my internet responsibilities.

scUM Hater

Live to see scUM lose.
Reaction score
I am just tired of going to websites and being re-directed to facebook. Since I don't have a facebook account, I can't take advantage of certain websites. Oh well.

connor_in

Oh Yeeaah!!!
Reaction score
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">facebook 2004: here’s rad new way to connect with your college friends<br><br>facebook 2017: we need help reviewing snuff videos <a href="https://t.co/BWlScCsxun">pic.twitter.com/BWlScCsxun</a></p>— T. Becket Adams (@BecketAdams) <a href="https://twitter.com/BecketAdams/status/859772943018184704">May 3, 2017</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Great news! Facebook is reportedly hiring! Just one ‘soul-crushing’ catch … – twitchy.com

zelezo vlk

Reaction score
I have a few friends that did similar work for Facebook, but it was all contract work. I wonder if these 3000 new people will actually be full employees or not.

Henges24

Reaction score
If anyone on here gets one of these jobs, please contribute to the Awesome Videos thread as much as possible. Thanks.