Everything Soccer

InKellyWeTrust

Reaction score
Aaronson has become a must start for club and country imo. I love his game. He may not be the most skilled but makes up for it with very high work rate.

INLaw

Reaction score
And wolves look exactly same as last two years. Decent at times. Sa spends most of a game looking amazing then lets in a near post head scratcher and Podence is the only goal scorer that can stay healthy. Hwang makes me want to pull my damn hair out and I am already bald so guess ass cheeks and shoulders take the brunt of it. How is Jimenez always hurt? Why can no coach get anything out of Traore? Feel like a damn Pittsburgh Pirates fan where your one attractive (neves) player you just wish every other team wasn’t constantly oggling to buy away … ughh

Cackalacky2.0

Specimen
Reaction score
Aaronson has become a must start for club and country imo. I love his game. He may not be the most skilled but makes up for it with very high work rate.
Agree. His younger brother Paxton looks very solid right now too. Hope he makes a jump soon.

I though Adams looked good for his first premier league game. I mean to say I don’t think either of them looked out of place amongst PL players.

ACamp1900

Counting my ‘bet against ND’ winnings
Reaction score
I’m at a resort in Mexico and there were a ton of Englishmen in their tops Saturday morning,… I walk by the sports bar seeing a guy in a Nott Forr jersey cursing at his phone and I start smiling,… I check the score sure enough, Newcastle just scored

KyfightingIrish36

Reaction score
Give ETH a chance to rebuild... give ETH a chance to rebuild...

Not telling you guys, telling myself.
The board is a joke. Spent all this time trying to get FDJ just to see him stay at Barca or goto Chelsea. Martial injury hurt us a lot in that first game but you can’t go in the season with two strikers. One who wants to leave as well.

IHateMarkMay

IHateDavidPollackToo
Reaction score
It's 100% on the board. I still think FDJ comes (it sounds like Barca has pretty much told him they can't register him). However, we are screwed at striker at this point. It sounds like they stopped all talks with Nunez once Liverpool got interested, they have been in talks with Sesko but it's coming out they don't 'like how much they'd have to spend. So we are stuck with Ronaldo who doesn't want to be here and Martial who is injury prone. Forcing us to put Erikson up top instead of taking McTominay's spot, who has never been great, but has been garbage for over a year.

We also have De Gea, who is a fantastic shot stopper, but can't have the ball at his feet. Not sure why they let Henderson go out on loan when he is clearly a better distributor.

Jiggafini19Deux

Clam Bakes and Shitty Takes
Reaction score
It has to be easy to win a league when you buy the best players in the league that aren't on your team, right? lol

They have the money to add guys like de ligt, Mane and Gravenbach too. None of whome came from German clubs and none of whom are German. I think they tend to do pretty smart business though for a big club. They don't just throw money around and or sports wash. Getting Nagelsmann in there as manager was a great move.

They've won 31 titles (10 times runners up), and the next closest to them is five. Pure dominance.

CTIDANDREW

Reaction score

I remember the excitement I first felt when Pulisic started to break into the Dortmund squad five years ago out of nowhere, or even way back trying to find streams of SERIE A games online to just see a glimpse of Michael Bradley playing for Chievo and then Roma.

The idea that you can watch American player after American player all weekend long in one of Europe's big five leagues will never be lost on me. We've come a long way this past decade, and any small achievement like Aaronson great debut performance this past weekend can never go unnoticed! I'm going to be a huge Leeds supporter this season, beacuse, their success would go a long way in growing American players and American coaches reputation abroad.

Cackalacky2.0

Specimen
Reaction score
I remember the excitement I first felt when Pulisic started to break into the Dortmund squad five years ago out of nowhere, or even way back trying to find streams of SERIE A games online to just see a glimpse of Michael Bradley playing for Chievo and then Roma.

The idea that you can watch American player after American player all weekend long in one of Europe's big five leagues will never be lost on me. We've come a long way this past decade, and any small achievement like Aaronson great debut performance this past weekend can never go unnoticed! I'm going to be a huge Leeds supporter this season, beacuse, their success would go a long way in growing American players and American coaches reputation abroad.
Exactly. I’m going to be watching a lot of Leeds games.

Cackalacky2.0

Specimen
Reaction score
NOw it sounds like they are trying to get Rabiot, who is a small upgrade, but definitely not a piece that we need (he brings some drama).
I’m not high on Rabiot. He didn’t even play that much for Juve when he was healthy and Weston even took his spot for a while. Don’t think that’s the answer.

IHateMarkMay

IHateDavidPollackToo
Reaction score
It isn't the answer. He is a box to box midfielder. More of an 8 (I think, the numbers as positions always throw me). We need a 6, deep lying defensive midfielder who can make plays. Essentially a De Jong lol. I honestly think United's flirtation with other CDMs is an attempt to get Barca to push FDJ out quicker. It looks like they are trying to paint him in a poor light recently, hopefully that does the trick.

Jiggafini19Deux

Reaction score
You will never convince me that adding players just for the sake of adding players is a good idea.

There doesn't appear to be any kind of plan at Man United whatsoever. As long as the Glazers are the owners of that club, I don't see things getting better for them.

Cackalacky2.0

Specimen
Reaction score
It isn't the answer. He is a box to box midfielder. More of an 8 (I think, the numbers as positions always throw me). We need a 6, deep lying defensive midfielder who can make plays. Essentially a De Jong lol. I honestly think United's flirtation with other CDMs is an attempt to get Barca to push FDJ out quicker. It looks like they are trying to paint him in a poor light recently, hopefully that does the trick.
Yeah iDK what Barca is playing at with him. They can’t afford to pay his salary and he isn’t budging on his demands. I saw Chelsea is ready to step in as well.

Cackalacky2.0

Specimen
Reaction score
Nice to see two teams in the Premier League have 2 Americans start today each. And Tim fucking Ream being one of them to give Liverpool a draw haha.
I’d say Robinson did a great job dealing with Salah and Robertson for most of the game. At the end he was laying up a bit though.

Jiggafini19Deux

Reaction score
Tim Ream really turns 35 in a couple of months? Yikes.

We need a 30 for 30 about Barcelona one day. Just bizarre.