Everything Soccer

notredomer23

Staph Member
Reaction score
Dest is elite and may be the best player in our pool at the moment. I might prefer him on the left to his natural right tbh. He almost had one of those identical bangers in his first cap for the US too.

gkIrish

Greek God
Reaction score
Greece Spain World Cup Qualifying --- if you are looking to bet a big underdog it's the 200 year anniversary of Greek Independence Day today so the players will be fired up. Could see a draw or win.

fightingirish26

Reaction score
Dest is elite and may be the best player in our pool at the moment. I might prefer him on the left to his natural right tbh. He almost had one of those identical bangers in his first cap for the US too.

I like him on the left as well. He's played there for ajax and barca, so it's not foreign to him. We also have good depth at right back. Cannon, yedlin, Reynolds. I can't say I'm an antonee robinson fan and would definitely prefer him to be second choice left back.

Also hey look at the former union man aaronson coming in and looking decidedly better than pulisic lol

notredomer23

Staph Member
Reaction score
Lletget is the classic undertalented player relative to the rest of the pool (and especially relative to the midfield) that just refuses to give up his spot.

gkIrish

Greek God
Reaction score
Greece Spain World Cup Qualifying --- if you are looking to bet a big underdog it's the 200 year anniversary of Greek Independence Day today so the players will be fired up. Could see a draw or win.

DRAW!

notredomer23

Staph Member
Reaction score
Pulisic playing really well today. Musah and Reyna look sharp. Like Dike a lot, hope he gets one here in these closing minutes.

BabyIrish

Marble Mouth
Reaction score
US fail to make olympics for the third time in a row. 1st half was awful. No energy, no cohesion. Just a terrible half of soccer. There were no bright spots minus maybe the goalie.

Then the second half hit and the goalie makes an absolutely horrendous decision that leads to a second goal. Play started to pick up from Herrera and the captain who scored a scorcher of a goal to get it 1-2.

Jonathan Lewis missed a wide open goal (shades of Wondolowskis missed goal in 14) by actually hitting the ball backwards instead of toward the goal.

Honduras isn’t a better team at all. We just played miserably.

notredomer23

Staph Member
Reaction score
US fail to make olympics for the third time in a row. 1st half was awful. No energy, no cohesion. Just a terrible half of soccer. There were no bright spots minus maybe the goalie.

Then the second half hit and the goalie makes an absolutely horrendous decision that leads to a second goal. Play started to pick up from Herrera and the captain who scored a scorcher of a goal to get it 1-2.

Jonathan Lewis missed a wide open goal (shades of Wondolowskis missed goal in 14) by actually hitting the ball backwards instead of toward the goal.

Honduras isn’t a better team at all. We just played miserably.

I don't think anyone expected the Euro based players to go there, but it's completely inexcusable that a handful of clubs in MLS didn't release what would have been starters for this tournament. US Soccer Federation is an absolute joke and the women can only hold the water for it so much. How can you let the domestic league hold more power over you? An absolute joke.

Even with that said, there was no excuse losing that match.

And Cacky, it's absolutely mind blowing that Kreis is allowed to coach at a high level. I went to a ton of NYCFC games early on when he was the coach. To say he was lost is an understatement. Tactically incompetent and can't motivate players. After the game, he said "you lose more than you win in life". I don't want that type of loser anywhere near me.

Cackalacky2.0

Specimen
Reaction score
I don't think anyone expected the Euro based players to go there, but it's completely inexcusable that a handful of clubs in MLS didn't release what would have been starters for this tournament. US Soccer Federation is an absolute joke and the women can only hold the water for it so much. How can you let the domestic league hold more power over you? An absolute joke.

Even with that said, there was no excuse losing that match.

And Cacky, it's absolutely mind blowing that Kreis is allowed to coach at a high level. I went to a ton of NYCFC games early on when he was the coach. To say he was lost is an understatement. Tactically incompetent and can't motivate players. After the game, he said "you lose more than you win in life". I don't want that type of loser anywhere near me.

His post game presser was terrible. Basically said he questioned his roster selections ultimately that was on him but it wasnt the only reason they lost... jfc. bye dude.

fightingirish26

Reaction score
Kun is leaving city. He, kompany and David silva all confirmed to be getting statues built in their honor. I am emotional to say the least..

CTIDANDREW

Reaction score
Kun is leaving city. He, kompany and David silva all confirmed to be getting statues built in their honor. I am emotional to say the least..

Really hope that things continue to go in the right direction, and City is able to have thousands of fans at last game of the season vs Everton.

David Silva and Kun playing their last home games for City in an empty stadium would be tough to stomach.

I was fortunate enough to be at the Etihad for Vincent Kompany's last home game of his city career, and it is a memory I will cherish forever.

Hopefully City can send him out holding the Champions League trophy in Istanbul in a few months.

NDRock

Reaction score
Been a joy to watch him these last 10 years. Gave me one of the greatest moments of my sporting life. Hopefully he has another big moment or two left in him with City.

Rogue219

Reaction score
That goal against QPR has to be THE moment in Premier League history. I firmly believe it helped get the product rolling in the USA too. Not long after, NBC got the TV rights in the States.

Now they'll replace him with Haaland, no one will ever win a trophy in England again and people will watch Netflix instead. :cool:

CTIDANDREW

Reaction score
That goal against QPR has to be THE moment in Premier League history. I firmly believe it helped get the product rolling in the USA too. Not long after, NBC got the TV rights in the States.

Now they'll replace him with Haaland, no one will ever win a trophy in England again and people will watch Netflix instead. :cool:

This is a great point.
I remember the game was on ESPN2 with Ian Darke and Steve Mcmanaman. Arguably one of the most significant sports moments of this century had just happened, and then five minutes later ESPN2 had already moved on to its next scheduled programming of college baseball or something like it. No studio reaction, no live on field interviews with the players/managers.

NBCSN has really helped move the game forward, and the live studio reaction to that goal from Rebecca and the crew would have made the moment even sweeter.
We shall see how they approach next season with NBCSN ending, make sure you have USA Network in that cable/streaming package.

Rogue219

Reaction score
This is a great point.
I remember the game was on ESPN2 with Ian Darke and Steve Mcmanaman. Arguably one of the most significant sports moments of this century had just happened, and then five minutes later ESPN2 had already moved on to its next scheduled programming of college baseball or something like it. No studio reaction, no live on field interviews with the players/managers.

NBCSN has really helped move the game forward, and the live studio reaction to that goal from Rebecca and the crew would have made the moment even sweeter.
We shall see how they approach next season with NBCSN ending, make sure you have USA Network in that cable/streaming package.

I think the lack of competitive balance is going to hurt them in the states, especially if they are going to put matches behind pay walls. Some of the American owners (Liverpool, United, Arsenal) were counting on FFP to be real, but it is obviously toothless and useless, so they're going to have to decide what kind of owners they want to be. Pandemic now plays a huge role in this too as these clubs have lost revenue in the last twelve months. The game was making progress.

I recall co workers thinking NBC was nuts to pay what they did for the rights, but I think the exposure has done well for the sport overall. People I never imagined would take in a match tune in more often than not on weekends. I have a few friends that even adopted teams to support (a close friend is a beyond crazy Southampton supporter now). I see way more shirts being worn at my kids' elementary school (Liverpool, City, Chelsea, Arsenal mostly). I definitely think it did them well, but that City-QPR match is a landmarker for me. I recall people talking about it and they were not even casual football fans.

NorthDakota

Grandson of Loomis
Reaction score
I think the lack of competitive balance is going to hurt them in the states, especially if they are going to put matches behind pay walls. Some of the American owners (Liverpool, United, Arsenal) were counting on FFP to be real, but it is obviously toothless and useless, so they're going to have to decide what kind of owners they want to be. Pandemic now plays a huge role in this too as these clubs have lost revenue in the last twelve months. The game was making progress.

I recall co workers thinking NBC was nuts to pay what they did for the rights, but I think the exposure has done well for the sport overall. People I never imagined would take in a match tune in more often than not on weekends. I have a few friends that even adopted teams to support (a close friend is a beyond crazy Southampton supporter now). I see way more shirts being worn at my kids' elementary school (Liverpool, City, Chelsea, Arsenal mostly). I definitely think it did them well, but that City-QPR match is a landmarker for me. I recall people talking about it and they were not even casual football fans.

can't overstatete FIFA's contribution (the video game). Has played a big role

notredomer23

Staph Member
Reaction score
can't overstatete FIFA's contribution (the video game). Has played a big role

This. In my junior year college house I had 5 roommates. Myself and 1 other guy were the only existing soccer fans. By year end the other 4 were big soccer fans and are to this day thanks to endless FIFA.

CTIDANDREW

Reaction score

Do you think Shahid Khan thinks FFP rules are toothless and useless?
The man is worth 8 Billion dollars, and cannot compete with the larger EPL clubs because FFP rules will only allow him to spend a certain amount of club generated income on player signings etc..
He cannot use his massive fortune to do much else other then make upgrades to the club facilities.

In my opinion, FFP is the main culprit for the lack of competitive balance in the league.

NorthDakota

Grandson of Loomis
Reaction score
This. In my junior year college house I had 5 roommates. Myself and 1 other guy were the only existing soccer fans. By year end the other 4 were big soccer fans and are to this day thanks to endless FIFA.

Lol same. Endless FIFA was fun. One of my roommates wouldn't play, but he liked to watch, and still turned into a soccer fan.

NDRock

Reaction score
The man is worth 8 Billion dollars, and cannot compete with the larger EPL clubs because FFP rules will only allow him to spend a certain amount of club generated income on player signings etc..
He cannot use his massive fortune to do much else other then make upgrades to the club facilities.

In my opinion, FFP is the main culprit for the lack of competitive balance in the league.

Agree. FFP is there to keep others from crashing the party. The big clubs don’t want any more clubs doing what City has.

Rogue219

Reaction score

Multiple clubs across Europe have proven you can get around it. It's bullshit and no one holds it in high regard. Maybe he thinks it's credible and it's holding him back, and if that's the case, he isn't smart enough.

Rogue219

Reaction score
Agree. FFP is there to keep others from crashing the party. The big clubs don’t want any more clubs doing what City has.

They were all against those Saudis buying Newcastle, but Citah was at the front of the line not wanting that sale to happen.

It's all a joke.

IHateMarkMay

IHateDavidPollackToo
Reaction score
North Macedonia just downed Germany 2-1 in their WC Qualifier match Lowe's only WC qualifying loss, I think I saw it was Germany's third ever loss in WC qualifying and their first since 2001.

notredomer23

Staph Member
Reaction score
North Macedonia just downed Germany 2-1 in their WC Qualifier match Lowe's only WC qualifying loss, I think I saw it was Germany's third ever loss in WC qualifying and their first since 2001.

I don't think Timo Werner is a bad footballer, but he is on one of the worst runs of form for someone so talented.

CTIDANDREW

Reaction score
They were all against those Saudis buying Newcastle, but Citah was at the front of the line not wanting that sale to happen.

It's all a joke.

My friend, I follow dozens of Manchester City dedicated news/twitter pages, and frequent bluemoon forum on a daily basis.

I have no knowledge of what you speak of, but please point me in the direction of that information if that is indeed true. We all have blind spots. Of course Middle East Politics may be in play there, which I admit know little about.