Dan Stevenson Signs With Ne Patriots

Subway Alum - MA

Reaction score
Mike Reiss, the "uber blog" who covers the New England Patriots for The Boston Globe is reporting that:
The Patriots agreed to terms with offensive lineman, Dan Stevenson, a sixth round draft choice out of Notre Dame on a four-year deal that will not become official until some "final tweaking" is complete.
Stevenson (6-5, 305), who played for former Patriots offensive assistant coach Charlie Weis last season, was the 205th overall pick. He is primarily a guard, but could add depth at center [Beside his normal position, Coach Belichick had him taking reps as a center at the rookie and mini camps]. Weis has compared him to former Patriots Joe Andruzzi.

Subway Alum - MA
ND Fan Since 1952

C

ChiND

Would be very nice to see a 6th round pick become a steal in the draft and sign a 4 year deal. Also would be nice for the OL recruits to see that Charlie's players (through his coaching) can obtain long term deals.

Subway Alum - MA

Reaction score
Patriots Mini-camp Update Re: Notre Dame Rookies

Patriots Mini-camp Update Re: Notre Dame Rookies

"Patriots Football Weekly" is the official newspaper of the New England Patriots. The July 12th edition was devoted to the recent mini-camp. On fan asked the staff, "Hey! As a lifelong Patriots and Fighting Irish fan, I have become intrigued with the rookies New England has brought into camp. Dan Stevenson the sixth rounder is the player that may start a South Bend to New England pipeline, but I'm curious about Corey May and Matt Shelton."
PFW: Both Mays and Shelton face an uphill battle in regards to making the team, especially Shelton. Not only is Shelton tiny, but he dropped a lot of balls in both mini-camps (Note: The Patriots held a rookie and then a full mini-camp) he's taken part in. I don't think he has the size, speed or hands to play in the Nfl. There's always a possibility of Shelton landing on the practice squad, but I think there are other players who have a better chance of making it then Shelton.
Mays could be a possibility for the practice squad. He didn't really stand out during the mini-camps, but I didn't notice him making a lot of mistakes either. I thought he looked better than Freddie Roach [a much higher profile free agent signing from Alabama.]. I think with Mays - just like every other young player on the Patriots roster - it's going to come down to how quickly he can pick up the system and his ability to play special teams. I don't think Mays will be on the active roster, but if I had to pick a practice squad today, he would probably be one of the guys on the list.
Chi ND please take note, you may turn out to be a prophet. Stevenson looked good in both mini-camps [He played both guard and center and also worked on long snapping] so far and could end up being the steal of this draft for the Patriots.

Subway Alum - MA
ND Fan Since 1952