Crypto

IrishRazor82

Banned
Reaction score
Is anyone buying the dip of Doge from last night? Sorry if there's a thread on crypto already, delete and redirect if so. Looks like it's around $.49 right now. I still think it his $1 eventually but who knows.

SaltyND24

Reaction score
I bought another $200, but I should've waited until it got to $0.41, average is sitting at $0.295...

GATTACA!

It's about to get gross
Reaction score
I should have sold at $0.70 and rebought the dip but I was afraid it wouldn't drop below my price point. Oh well.

Same exact story as 4/20. Retail gets pumped up for a specific event and hype drives up the cost. Whales sell off a bunch of coin at the top for a big profit. Retail panics and sells at a loss. Whales buy back in at the bottom and price pumps back up towards the next event/date. Doge will be back and push towards $1 in a week or two.

IrishLax

Something Witty
Staff member
Reaction score
We do have one where we talk crypto but no reason not to have another one.

Ripple and Doge are gambling. Can be fun, can make money, but one isn’t stable and the other is a literal meme.

I think a lot of us here are big on Chainlink and Ethereum. I made 30x on value from Chainlink from when Wildman — the IE crypto OG — first pitched it. But I cashed out when it went up to $50 this week and don’t plan on rebuying unless there is a dip below $40 because I got paper hands.

ResLife Hero

Reaction score
ETH has been a steady gainer for me. I like that it's more than just a crypto asset like BTC or DOGE and is a platform for smart contracts and other features. There's also the expectation of a major set of enhancements rolling out this year dubbed Ethereum 2.0. I made some quick cash on the retail surge of ETC, but it's really not a smart play long term. DOGE is pretty limited because of how many coins have already been issued and the lack of a cap. For it to ever hit $100, it would have to be bigger than the GDP of China. $1 in the next year is feasible, but that's about it.

IrishRazor82

Banned
Reaction score
Today I bought $500 in Stellar Lumans and Candora a piece today. Not really any reason other than I want to be cool. Probably flop and I'll lose it all.

ResLife Hero

Reaction score
How are you guys evaluating these new cryptos? Is it a crapshoot, or are you seeing unique advantages to some?

BobbyMac

O'Skool
Staff member
Reaction score
I needed this in February before it went on a 2000% ride.

I follow the expert advice of Twitter shitlords.

Hey! Don't call Wildman a shitlord. With Chainlink busting through $50, I think I now owe him two beers.

GATTACA!

It's about to get gross
Reaction score
Theta is already up 1700%. What kind of upside does it have left?

Any other .000+ cryptos people should be looking at? SafeMoon is the only one I've heard anyone talking about. No idea what the fundamentals are on it though, if there even are any.

IrishRazor82

Banned
Reaction score
Theta is already up 1700%. What kind of upside does it have left?

Any other .000+ cryptos people should be looking at? SafeMoon is the only one I've heard anyone talking about. No idea what the fundamentals are on it though, if there even are any.

This is where I'm at on almost every crypto. I'm happy to put the time into research but I don't know where to start. And this is such an anti-establishment thing that I read online and I don't know who's full of it and who's onto the next big thing.

GATTACA!

It's about to get gross
Reaction score
This is where I'm at on almost every crypto. I'm happy to put the time into research but I don't know where to start. And this is such an anti-establishment thing that I read online and I don't know who's full of it and who's onto the next big thing.

And it's such a nightmare to try and buy a little bit of any. Gotta have a wallet on this site. Then buy etherium from another site. Then transfer it to pancakeswap to convert it.

I'm in my 20s and fairly tech savvy. Crypto shit makes me feel like a 65 year old trying to access the cloud.

IrishRazor82

Banned
Reaction score
ETH has been a steady gainer for me. I like that it's more than just a crypto asset like BTC or DOGE and is a platform for smart contracts and other features. There's also the expectation of a major set of enhancements rolling out this year dubbed Ethereum 2.0. I made some quick cash on the retail surge of ETC, but it's really not a smart play long term. DOGE is pretty limited because of how many coins have already been issued and the lack of a cap. For it to ever hit $100, it would have to be bigger than the GDP of China. $1 in the next year is feasible, but that's about it.

I think I'm going to put $1,000 in ETH just because I do think it goes up a bit. What are some you'd recommend, or are interested in? I also recently bought about 1/3 our savings in physical gold and silver. It's can't miss and should have a very decent 3-4 year return.

tussin

I hate freedom
Reaction score
I think I'm going to put $1,000 in ETH just because I do think it goes up a bit. What are some you'd recommend, or are interested in? I also recently bought about 1/3 our savings in physical gold and silver. It's can't miss and should have a very decent 3-4 year return.

I would diversify into some of the notable "ETH Killers" like Cardano, Polkadot, Avalanche, or Cosmos. Ethereum has similar scalability issues that Bitcoin had... so I think there are some questions regarding long-term use case. For those that have actually tried to use ETH, you can attest at how expensive, slow, and inefficient it is.

FWIW, I have my entire crypto portfolio split between Cardano, Algorand, and Hedera Hashgraph.

IrishLax

Something Witty
Staff member
Reaction score
I use coinbase

Just FYI to anyone signing up on Cinbase... which I've also used for years... but Coinbase Pro transaction fees are ~30% of what they are on standard Coinbase. I thought Pro would have some subscription fee or something but it doesn't. So I recently moved all my assets over to that platform. Still use the same Coinbase account info to log in to either.

IrishRazor82

Banned
Reaction score
I would diversify into some of the notable "ETH Killers" like Cardano, Polkadot, Avalanche, or Cosmos. Ethereum has similar scalability issues that Bitcoin had... so I think there are some questions regarding long-term use case. For those that have actually tried to use ETH, you can attest at how expensive, slow, and inefficient it is.

FWIW, I have my entire crypto portfolio split between Cardano, Algorand, and Hedera Hashgraph.

Good stuff. But isn't E 2.0 supposed to fix those slow it is?

Irish#1

Livin' Your Dream!
Reaction score
I'm going to take a couple hundred or so and buy. Sell me on the best option for this small investment.

ResLife Hero

Reaction score

Honestly, I don't know much about emerging coins. A buddy of mine was an EARLY advocate for Bitcoin (like back when a guy paid multiple BTC for a pizza), and he put me onto Ethereum a while ago. He's not really playing the game anymore though.

notredomer23

Staph Member
Reaction score
My buddy keeps pushing Polkadot. Idk anything about crypto, but he is adamant about getting into polkadot.

Henges24

Reaction score
Anyone here in on Safemoon or any of the other sh!tcoins?

My Crypto:
ADA
Bitcoin
Doge
FullSend
NFTART
Safemoon

Using Binance and TW.

RDU Irish

Catholics vs. Cousins
Reaction score
My free money on Coinbase is up to $60 - I don't know how anyone can tolerate any meaningful amount of money in this shit after dabbling around for the last few months. Sob stories about crypto million and billionaires losing it all is going to make 1999 look like nothing.

tussin

I hate freedom
Reaction score
Good stuff. But isn't E 2.0 supposed to fix those slow it is?

E2.0 should at least partially address the scalability issues, but in theory the ETH alternatives will have better tech that ETH simply can't match. That said, ETH has a significant first-mover advantage, so the alternatives have a long road ahead to gaining share as a next-gen smart contract platform.

ResLife Hero

Reaction score
E2.0 should at least partially address the scalability issues, but in theory the ETH alternatives will have better tech that ETH simply can't match. That said, ETH has a significant first-mover advantage, so the alternatives have a long road ahead to gaining share as a next-gen smart contract platform.

I keep coming back to this as why E2.0 has me holding. Having someone explain crypto as a platform instead of a currency was the first time it started to click why there would be big growth, and so you want to look at the developer ecosystem around these. The ETH ecosystem has so many developers that I don't know how another platform reaches critical mass without a really unique tech/functional offering.

If anyone is curious about E2.0: https://ethereum.org/en/eth2/

IrishRazor82

Banned
Reaction score
Has anyone found a reasonable way to buy Polkadot? It seems quite difficult for Americans. The transferring part of it gives me hesitation too.