College Football Video Game '25

Jimmy3Putt

KooL
Reaction score
Does anyone know if NCAA 2014 works on the PS5? I think I still have it somewhere.

NorthDakota

Grandson of Loomis
Reaction score
I've read a few things that have said this may be console only. Who knows though.
I cant imagine why they'd exclude PC? An Xbox is just a mediocre version of a PC...same operating system and everything

NorthDakota

Grandson of Loomis
Reaction score
I am looking forward to this and pondering to buy a PS5 just for this game. The last one I owned was NCAA College Football 98- PS1

Dumb question- is a TV upgrade needed? I have a regular big screen.
My first was NCAA 03. Got it for Christmas along with a GameCube back in 2002.

What kind of TV do you have? I'm guessing you should be fine either way

Jimmy3Putt

KooL
Reaction score
I remember Joe Montana's Sports Talk Football on Sega.
I preferred that over Madden and then I was into the 2K football games when the Dreamcast came out.
98 was my first NCAA game.

irishfan

Irish Hoops Mod
Reaction score
Anyone have the old NCAA Gamebreaker games? Used to love those when I was a kid then NCAA Football 2002 blew my mind with the graphics and dynasty details.

BeauBenken

Shut up, Richard
Staff member
Reaction score
I have a Samsung LCD TV.
As long as you have HDMI inputs you'll be good.

But I'd suggest that if your TV is more than 8 years old or so, you might want to think about an upgrade in the near future just for sake of keeping with things and getting a better picture.

irishandy

Reaction score
As long as you have HDMI inputs you'll be good.

But I'd suggest that if your TV is more than 8 years old or so, you might want to think about an upgrade in the near future just for sake of keeping with things and getting a better picture.

That should be fine. Gives you an excuse to get a new one if it doesn't look great. I got a Sony 65" 4K for like 400-500 I think. Tv's have gotten much more affordable
Thank you both; appreciate it!

dublinirish

Everestt Gholstonson
Reaction score
Been playing from 06 to 14 and I don’t think I’ve ever done a dynasty with ND

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

IrishLion

I am Beyonce, always.
Staff member
Reaction score
I like starting with Western Kentucky… though they might not be cupcake enough now.

Great to start with in the old one though.

1. 1-star prestige, so a true cupcake.
2. Pipelines to Georgia and Florida for recruiting
3. Quality RB’s
4. Cool jerseys, including alternates
5. GOAT mascot

DomerInHappyValley

dislikes state penn
Reaction score
I wonder if Fresno State is going to be that team that within 15 years is always in the NC hunt again.
Every dynasty I've ever played they seem to be. I just started trying to snake their recruits about 7 years in because of it.

IrishLion

I am Beyonce, always.
Staff member
Reaction score
I wonder if Fresno State is going to be that team that within 15 years is always in the NC hunt again.
Every dynasty I've ever played they seem to be. I just started trying to snake their recruits about 7 years in because of it.

Army and Navy, if left independent, eventually climb into the top 10 every year. Gotta keep it realistic and edit the conferences to put Navy in the AAC.

Don’t think I’ve ever seen Fresno up that high. The most random one I had was ECU in the natty. I checked their profile out of curiosity to find that the CPU only scheduled them 11 games, two of which were FCS generic games lol

Junkhead

Community Mod
Reaction score
I cant imagine why they'd exclude PC? An Xbox is just a mediocre version of a PC...same operating system and everything
I'm not sure. I have an ok gaming pc, (5600x, 7800xt, etc), and play pc games now and then. Sometimes, consoles are good for when you want to sit on the couch and game. But I prefer PC also.

calvegas04

Reaction score
I like starting with Western Kentucky… though they might not be cupcake enough now.

3. Quality RB’s
5. GOAT mascot
If you want to start as a cup cake just use Cincy

Last edited:

NorthDakota

Grandson of Loomis
Reaction score
I'm not sure. I have an ok gaming pc, (5600x, 7800xt, etc), and play pc games now and then. Sometimes, consoles are good for when you want to sit on the couch and game. But I prefer PC also.
My thought was just hooking up the computer to the TV as a giant monitor and using a controller. Best of both worlds. Even an ok gaming PC is likely better than whatever hardware an Xbox or PS has

GATTACA!

It's about to get gross
Reaction score

3. Quality RB’s
5. GOAT mascot
I always start with Georgia Southern in 2014. It was their first year in FBS IIRC.

Last edited:

IrishLion

I am Beyonce, always.
Staff member
Reaction score
If you want to start as a cup cake just us Cincy

restraint-no-restraint.gif

ND88

Reaction score
The question is how will Notre Dame be represented. If you guys confirm we look and play dope in the game, I’m buying a PS5. You guys let me know.

calvegas04

Reaction score
The question is how will Notre Dame be represented. If you guys confirm we look and play dope in the game, I’m buying a PS5. You guys let me know.
Notre Dame looks and plays dope, you're clear to head to Best Buy now

Rocket89

Uniform Connoisseur
Reaction score
Big, big worries about how EA servers are going to handle this game. Some of the biggest EA titles have been littered with constant issues for many years now and I'm assuming this game will have a massive launch this summer and heavy gameplay for weeks.

I think there's excitement for the game to return obviously, and I'm expecting a very good franchise mode without all the microtransaction nonsense that has proliferated other EA titles. But, lots of bugs (should be minimized hopefully with a reintroduced title that's been worked on for a long time), lag issues, saving issues from quick resume, kicked off the servers, etc. could really blow this up.