Coaching

dublinirish

Everestt Gholstonson
Reaction score
back coaching varsity soccer here for my 2nd year. excited to get started again. tryouts next week

Henges24

BUCKETHEAD
Reaction score
Bumping a old thread as I'm not sure where to post this..

I volunteer to keep stats for my local high school football team. We are in the market of finding a more reliable app (use on iPad, on field) to keep stats. Does anyone have an app they use that they recommend?

TIA

GowerND11

Reaction score
Bumping a old thread as I'm not sure where to post this..

I volunteer to keep stats for my local high school football team. We are in the market of finding a more reliable app (use on iPad, on field) to keep stats. Does anyone have an app they use that they recommend?

TIA
What app do you currently use?

I know most schools around us use Hudl for football and basketball. I don’t know how well it does with tracking realtime stats, but get a Hudl cam mounted on the press box, and it follows the action (motion activation technology).

You then send the film into Hudl at it breaks everything down for you. Not sure, like I said though, about how (if at all) it does with real time stuff.

Henges24

BUCKETHEAD
Reaction score
What app do you currently use?

I know most schools around us use Hudl for football and basketball. I don’t know how well it does with tracking realtime stats, but get a Hudl cam mounted on the press box, and it follows the action (motion activation technology).

You then send the film into Hudl at it breaks everything down for you. Not sure, like I said though, about how (if at all) it does with real time stuff.
We use an outdated version of iScore but we we’re just told that the company would no longer be supporting the app. It’s a good app but a lot of manual inputting.

I downloaded Hudl, because that is one we received a recommendation on, but was unable to find the stat keeping portion of the app. Only had a few minutes to mess around with it however.

We are strictly the stat crew and another crew has cameras in the end zones and press box.

GowerND11

Reaction score
We use an outdated version of iScore but we we’re just told that the company would no longer be supporting the app. It’s a good app but a lot of manual inputting.

I downloaded Hudl, because that is one we received a recommendation on, but was unable to find the stat keeping portion of the app. Only had a few minutes to mess around with it however.

We are strictly the stat crew and another crew has cameras in the end zones and press box.
We just installed the Hudl cameras last year (22-23 school year) on our football field and basketball court. Was a joint split between the two basketball teams and volleyball, and I assume with the start of soccer this year they likely paid for the football field one in some way too. They are definitely something to recommend to the video crew.

I know when we have a game and it uploads, we press a couple buttons on the app, and it gets broken down, and usually is back within a day or so. But again, not sure of live data.

SWirishfan

Little Known Member
Reaction score
We just installed the Hudl cameras last year (22-23 school year) on our football field and basketball court. Was a joint split between the two basketball teams and volleyball, and I assume with the start of soccer this year they likely paid for the football field one in some way too. They are definitely something to recommend to the video crew.

I know when we have a game and it uploads, we press a couple buttons on the app, and it gets broken down, and usually is back within a day or so. But again, not sure of live data.
So someone, somewhere is getting paid to be a HS football stenographer.
I think I have found my retirement job -- unless it is all AI then I guess I am still cleaning out septic tanks

GowerND11

Reaction score
So someone, somewhere is getting paid to be a HS football stenographer.
I think I have found my retirement job -- unless it is all AI then I guess I am still cleaning out septic tanks
I think it might be AI. You need to have your roster filled out, and then it tracks what numbers are on the court.

I could be totally wrong though.

SWirishfan

Little Known Member
Reaction score
I think it might be AI. You need to have your roster filled out, and then it tracks what numbers are on the court.

I could be totally wrong though.
Pretty sure that would be the case; it would be pretty price intensive if you had to pay for all of those HS games.

Last edited: