Clemson frosh says ND tactics negative (South Bend Tribune)

scooper

Cincy Bail Bonds
Reaction score
I don't know. If you look at the note, it's pretty damning. :)

irishnd31

Not just a pretty face
Reaction score
Well, I'm sold. Looks legit to me. Who shall be the first to start the Fire Weis thread?

jiggafini19

The Pope
Reaction score
If Charlie Weis really did write that note, he should have been a doctor.

Does anyone remember the shit Syracuse and Virginia Tech was saying about Notre Dame to recruits last season?

This Gary Gray bit will die out soon enough. Then the next big story will boom.

tommy

Punctuation Nazi
Reaction score
there is no way in hell(Michigan) weis wrote a letter like that he recruits 365 days a year i dont think he needs to degrade other teams they do a good job by there self

KMac151993

Reaction score
That doesn't even look close to Weis's autograph on that card and I would think that just the words ND would be enough to persude a kid to chose ND. I don't believe it for a second.

Reaction score
I think it's pretty funny, even if it really did happen.

But for the record, even though Notre Dame is the better school, Clemson offers a pretty damn good education.

But my guess is that the sports journalists are trying to pander to the South Carolina fans and have been seeking out prospects to say bad things about ND.

Btw, the note "House of Rock" posted itself was a joke written by the people at HOR. If anything was sent, the contents won't be revealed unless Cumbie ever produces the letter himself.

scooper

Cincy Bail Bonds
Reaction score
Óglaigh_na_hÉireann said:
Btw, the note "House of Rock" posted itself was a joke written by the people at HOR.

Really? What gave it away? :eek:grin:

Reaction score
scooper said:
Really? What gave it away? :eek:grin:

No, it's just that someone's post made me think that they actually thought it was the real letter... don't mean to be patronizing or anything.

EDIT: wait.. no, apparently I didn't see the sarcasm in one of the posts.. okay, my mistake.

LOVEMYIRISH

old timer
Reaction score
KMac151993 said:
That doesn't even look close to Weis's autograph on that card and I would think that just the words ND would be enough to persude a kid to chose ND. I don't believe it for a second.

The picture is a joke...its from the website.

R

rontdtarchala

OK guy's maybe its the chemo I'm presently going through...but I thought this was real for a second or two...haha hopefully I get my sense of humour back quickly so I can keep up.

Irish Envy

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Clemson frosh says ND tactics negative (South Bend Tribune)

A Clemson University freshman says Notre Dame engaged in negative football recruiting practices in an attempt to pry him from his verbal commitment. "I'm not going to lie," Jamie Cumbie was quoted as saying in the Post and Courier newspaper in Charleston, S.C., on Wednesday.

Link To Original Article

irishnd31

Not just a pretty face
Reaction score
Agreed. Ron, God bless and you will be in our family's prayers. Be strong buddy.

irishtexan

Oklahoma smells like pee
Reaction score
Screw this kid! I remember when ND was recruiting him. So freakin what if we sent you a post card! With these accusations this kid better be a stud because he has caused alot of attention to himself with his mouth. If he doesnt produce then people will see all this as a ploy to just get attention. His coach even said that he never saw any of this stuff going on. I hope he likes wearing those ugly Clemson uniforms.

A

A1IrishFan

Ann Arbor Radio

Ann Arbor Radio

Let me start by saying this 1st-I love the Irish(if you couldn't figure it out by name-A1IrishFan). Anyway I live in the Ann Arbor area, and work for Uof M-hospital. I was driving to work this mornning listening to the local sports radio when I heard about Cumbic article. The "on air personnialities" were all over the Irish & Cw for negitive recuirting, but don't you worry I called in to rep the Irish. I ask if there were any proof-letters, ph records-anyting which they didn't know. The only thing they had to say is how come CW doesn't come out denie it if it wasn't true, and of course when I tried to responed, they cut me off. I have no doubt that ND & CW will have something to say about this-only it will get buirried on the back page. I could go on and on, but I'll end by saying GO IRISH

C

ChiND

This sounds like the media hounds...

This sounds like the media hounds...

...cornered this kid and maybe misconstrued what he was saying as well. We have all seen the threads here about McCray and others who have verbally committed coming to Charlie and crew 'wanting some love', but being denied stating that 'we handle committed players differently'. With us NEEDING (not necessarily wanting) McCray much worse than we needed Cumbie, I have to take this as a bunch of horseshit. Talk about smear campaigns...oh and by the way, if that SC newspaper did misquote the kid, I am sure that ND's lawyers may ask for a large retraction in the paper to 'clear the air'.

jiggafini19

The Pope
Reaction score
"Coach Dan Darlington, the former head coach at Morris High School, and coach George Dergo, who succeeded him, were on top of everything we were doing. This is an obvious case of negative reporting against Notre Dame by other institutions. Maybe they should look in the mirror."

Both men are class acts. I wonder if Coach Dergo will say anything in regards to this.

jiggafini19

The Pope
Reaction score
Yeah, I thought it was a note Cumbie actually provided. I'm a jackass.

Hang in there, Ron. Best wishes.

Irish Envy

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Weis denies charge of negative recruiting (WIS-TV Columbia)

Notre Dame football coach Charlie Weis is denying a player's accusation that the Irish staff criticized Clemson after the incoming freshman verbally committed to the Tigers. Weis says Notre Dame didn't use negative recruiting tactics.

Link To Original Article

Irish Envy

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Weis denies charge of negative recruiting (USA Today)

Notre Dame football coach Charlie Weis on Thursday denied a player's accusation that the Irish staff criticized Clemson after the incoming freshman verbally committed to the Tigers. Jamie Cumbie, a 6-foot-7, 255-pound tight end announced last June that he would attend Clemson. But he said Notre Dame continued to recruit him the only school to do so.

Link To Original Article

Irish Envy

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score

Notre Dame football coach Charlie Weis on Thursday denied a player's accusation that the Irish staff criticized Clemson after the incoming freshman verbally committed to the Tigers. Jamie Cumbie, a 6-foot-7, 255-pound tight end announced last June that he would attend Clemson. But he said Notre Dame continued to recruit him the only school to do so.

Link To Original Article

Irish Envy

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score

Notre Dame football coach Charlie Weis is denying a player's accusation that the Irish staff criticized Clemson after the incoming freshman verbally committed to the Tigers. Weis says Notre Dame didn't use negative recruiting tactics.

Link To Original Article