Chip Kelly to Tampa Bay?

Riddickulous

"That" Guy
Reaction score
There are rumors all over Twitter that ole Chip is about to finalize a deal with the Tampa Bay Buccaneers. This would seriously shake up the Pac-12 race next year.

Personally, I have a very hard time seeing Chip's offense transitioning to the pros.

Rhode Irish

Semi-retired
Reaction score
PFT also speculated about Kelly possibly landing with the Bucs or the Colts a few days ago. Would be a hell of a call on their part.

IMO, this would be one of the all-time worst hires, and not a very good career move for Chip, either. Maybe he is trying to skip town before the law rolls in, a la Pete Carroll. Either way, I give him about a 1% chance of being a good NFL coach. This is why some NFL organizations are perennial door mats. They make moves all the time that a somewhat knowledgeable outside observer can recognize as doomed. I feel bad for the fans of the Bucs and the Jags, especially.

NDPhilly

Philly Torqued
Reaction score
That offense won't do very well in the pros. They are so good in college because they are faster than everyone. In the NFL everyone is fast.

ThePiombino

The OG "TP"
Reaction score
I hope this is true. If nothing else, it improves our chances with Armstead vs. Oregon. Yeah- that's where my head's at.

BobD

Can't get no satisfaction
Reaction score
Duck rhymes with Buc.

I bet his frst order of business would be to change the uniform.

brewdog_14527

Reaction score
Why wouldn't he take an NFL job? Some idiot NFL owner, who just complained about the money they had to pay out, will hire him for 5 years and $15 million guaranteed. If it works out, great for him. If not, he will be a hot commodity to return to college with 15 million bucks in his pocket. I don't see this affecting his reputation any more than Spurrier's was with the Redskins and it has worked out OK for Spurrier.

irishfanjho15

Hello world
Reaction score
Duck rhymes with Buc.

I bet his frst order of business would be to change the uniform.

To these....

event_79557612.jpeg

ACamp1900

Counting my ‘bet against ND’ winnings
Reaction score
I for years have tried to settle on which unis are better/worse... the cream-sickle ones, or the currents...

ThePiombino

The OG "TP"
Reaction score
Why wouldn't he take an NFL job? Some idiot NFL owner, who just complained about the money they had to pay out, will hire him for 5 years and $15 million guaranteed. If it works out, great for him. If not, he will be a hot commodity to return to college with 15 million bucks in his pocket. I don't see this affecting his reputation any more than Spurrier's was with the Redskins and it has worked out OK for Spurrier.

Saban says hi.

Rhode Irish

Semi-retired
Reaction score
Saban says hi.

I think you did this "X says hi" nonsense in response to a post that I made a few weeks ago. What was he supposed to do, name every coach who ever went back in forth in the history of football? Does Bobby Petrino say hi, too? What about Rick Pitino and John Calipari? Honestly, that "X says hi" thing is the most annoying running joke on this board, and that is saying something. Cut that **** out.

ACamp1900

Counting my ‘bet against ND’ winnings
Reaction score
My thoughts... "Sh!T!!! Now if SC stays healthy the only team that can stop the is us... and that ain't happin... SONOFA--!!!"

Last edited:

ThePiombino

The OG "TP"
Reaction score
I think you did this "X says hi" nonsense in response to a post that I made a few weeks ago. What was he supposed to do, name every coach who ever went back in forth in the history of football? Does Bobby Petrino say hi, too? What about Rick Pitino and John Calipari? Honestly, that "X says hi" thing is the most annoying running joke on this board, and that is saying something. Cut that **** out.

1 - That was not me

2 - Take a long walk and calm down

clashmore_mike

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
And then there's this... RT @ArreliousBenn: We got Chip Kelly!... Let's go #Buccaneers ..

Rhode Irish

Semi-retired
Reaction score
I'm not upset. If anything, my celebratory buzz is shining through. Sorry to call you out about that if it wasn't you, but you did do it this time and I really don't get why people keep saying it.

clashmore_mike

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
RT @ArreliousBenn: Bad source people I was just asking if we did have Chip I don't think we do...sorry

/Rob Lowe'd

G

Grahambo

Reports have it leaning that way in the next 24-48 hrs as Chip interviewed with the Bucs last week.

Bruce Feldman @BFeldmanCBS 16m

RT @NFLSTROUD: Chip Kelly & the Bucs are proceeding down a path that they mutually hope will result in an agreement in next 24-48 hrs.

Adam Schefter @AdamSchefter 21m

As NBC in Portland, Ore. reported, Chip Kelly and Bucs are involved in active contract discussions. Kelly interviewed with Bucs last week.

Does this help ND in anyway with remaining recruits not named Armstead?

ThePiombino

The OG "TP"
Reaction score
I'm not upset. If anything, my celebratory buzz is shining through. Sorry to call you out about that if it wasn't you, but you did do it this time and I really don't get why people keep saying it.

No worries- we all make mistakes. I'm hoping to enjoy a celebratory buzz myself- Niners just need to hold on for 11 more minutes!

kmoose

Banned
Reaction score
Really, really horrible. Doomed to fail.

People said the same thing, when U of O made a huge stretch, and hired an Offensive Coordinator from New Hampshire with a crazy offense, as their Head Coach.

People said the same thing, when the University of Florida stretched to hire a guy with a crazy offense whose previous experience was at Bowling Green and Utah.

In both cases, most people were skeptical that these crazy offenses could work, in a major D-IA conference. Kelly's a very sharp guy. I don't understand why people seem to think that he can only coach one offense, and would have to run that offense at the next level.

me9rob

Reaction score
Reports have it leaning that way in the next 24-48 hrs as Chip interviewed with the Bucs last week.

Bruce Feldman @BFeldmanCBS 16m

RT @NFLSTROUD: Chip Kelly & the Bucs are proceeding down a path that they mutually hope will result in an agreement in next 24-48 hrs.

Adam Schefter @AdamSchefter 21m

As NBC in Portland, Ore. reported, Chip Kelly and Bucs are involved in active contract discussions. Kelly interviewed with Bucs last week.

Does this help ND in anyway with remaining recruits not named Armstead?

You guys were after Byron Marshall no? he might be in play, I don't know about the situation behind his recruitment though.

ThePiombino

The OG "TP"
Reaction score
You guys were after Byron Marshall no? he might be in play, I don't know about the situation behind his recruitment though.

I believe his recruitment cooled off due to academic reasons. Could be wrong though.

me9rob

Reaction score
People said the same thing, when U of O made a huge stretch, and hired an Offensive Coordinator from New Hampshire with a crazy offense, as their Head Coach.

People said the same thing, when the University of Florida stretched to hire a guy with a crazy offense whose previous experience was at Bowling Green and Utah.

In both cases, most people were skeptical that these crazy offenses could work, in a major D-IA conference. Kelly's a very sharp guy. I don't understand why people seem to think that he can only coach one offense, and would have to run that offense at the next level.

big difference between college football and the NFL. I think if Chip Kelly does head to the pros, he's gonna get a lot more pro style with his offense. He's said it himself that he'd change up his offense to his personnel