Can someone please explain to me

GOLDENISTHYTATE

Reaction score
why we are offering so many rbs this year? We have offered Marcus Lattimore, Corey Brown, Giovanni Bernard, Anthony Barr(he can play multiple positions though), and are close to offering Jordon James as well. I completely understand going for one guy we really want, but I would say we are stocked at rb with 6 running backs rated 4 stars or higher. I don't understand why we are even wasting offers when we should be offering far more DBs and DEs. Venting over.

SoCalDomer

Reaction score
offering isn't the same as accepting a LOI. i imagine the staff makes it pretty clear to the offerees exactly how many spots they have for the position/player being offered.

just because they offer that many RBs doesn't mean they would accept all of their LOIs. they probably told them all they will take one RB (the exception being Barr, since Barr may end up on defense) and it's first in time.

TDHeysus

FLOOR(RAND()*(N-D+1))+D;
Reaction score
also, keep in mind ND recruiting is better than it has been since 1995. ND can now begin to stock pile talent, rather than just getting whoever says yes. Plus going after all these RB's maybe suggest that Weis is looking to incorporate more running into the offense. Also it makes for good competition in practice, which only makes the team better.

I think ppl forget how bad the talent base was for a long time at ND, it became common place; plus Weis doesnt nearly get the credit he deserves for steadily improving the on-hand talent, and steadily improving ND recruiting on the national scene. That has been no small feat. Best recruiter since Lou Holtz, its not even astronomically close.

Last edited:

WabashFalcon

Team MVP
Reaction score
Hey... we could offer 80 runningbacks if we know 76 are gonna committ elsewhere, ya know?

ant80

Banned
Reaction score
he's a very good big-back prospect. it's not a lack of interest. he's talented. it's likely other factors.
That got me curious. What other factors? If you have any inside info and cant say, please PM me. The reason why I brought this up is because OSU coaches have said that Smith is the best RB in the nation. Thanks.

wicket

Reaction score
That got me curious. What other factors? If you have any inside info and cant say, please PM me. The reason why I brought this up is because OSU coaches have said that Smith is the best RB in the nation. Thanks.

He doesnt even come close to qualifying academically. He is borderline for OSU.

SoCalDomer

Reaction score

no inside info, just a hunch. [what wicket said]