NDdomer2

Staff member
Reaction score
College Football Bowl Game 2021-22 Schedule

Friday, December 17
Bahamas Bowl: Middle Tennessee vs. Toledo, Noon/11a c, ESPN
Tailgreeter Cure Bowl: Northern Illinois vs. Coastal Carolina, 6/5c, ESPN2

Saturday, December 18
RoofClaim.com Boca Raton Bowl: Western Kentucky vs. Appalachian State, 11a/10a c, ESPN
Cricket Celebration Bowl: South Carolina State vs. Jackson State, Noon/11a c, ABC
PUBG Mobile New Mexico Bowl: UTEP vs. Fresno State, 2:15/1:15c, ESPN
Radiance Technologies Independence Bowl: UAB vs. #13 BYU, 3:30/2:30c, ABC
LendingTree Bowl: Eastern Michigan vs. Liberty, 5:45/4:45c, ESPN
Jimmy Kimmel LA Bowl: Utah State vs. Oregon State, 7:30/6:30c, ABC
R+L Carriers New Orleans Bowl: #23 Louisiana vs. Marshall, 9:15/8:15c, ESPN

Monday, December 20
Myrtle Beach Bowl: Old Dominion vs. Tulsa, 2:30/1:30c, ESPN

Tuesday, December 21
Famous Idaho Potato Bowl: Kent State vs. Wyoming, 3:30/2:30c, ESPN
Tropical Smoothie Cafe Frisco Bowl: UTSA vs. #24 San Diego State, 7:30/6:30c, ESPN

Wednesday, December 22
Lockheed Martin Armed Forces Bowl: Missouri vs. Army, 8/7c, ESPN

Thursday, December 23
Frisco Football Classic: North Texas vs. Miami (Ohio), 3:30/2:30c, ESPN
Union Home Mortgage Gasparilla Bowl: UCF vs. Florida, 7/6c, ESPN

Friday, December 24
EasyPost Hawai’i Bowl: Memphis vs. Hawai’i, 8/7c, ESPN

Saturday, December 25
TaxAct Camellia Bowl: Georgia State vs. Ball State, 2:30/1:30c, ESPN

Monday, December 27
Quick Lane Bowl: Western Michigan vs. Nevada, 11/10a c, ESPN
Military Bowl: Boston College vs. East Carolina, 2:30/1:30c, ESPN

Tuesday, December 28
TicketSmarter Birmingham Bowl: #20 Houston vs. Auburn, Noon/11a c, ESPN
SERVPRO First Responder Bowl: Air Force vs. Louisville, 3:15/2:15c, ESPN
AutoZone Liberty Bowl: Mississippi State vs. Texas Tech, 6:45/5:45c, ESPN
San Diego County Credit Union Holiday Bowl: UCLA vs. #18 NC State, 8/7c, Fox
Guaranteed Rate Bowl: West Virginia vs. Minnesota, 10:15/9:15c, ESPN

Wednesday, December 29
Wasabi Fenway Bowl: SMU vs. Virginia, 11/10a c, ESPN
New Era Pinstripe Bowl: Maryland vs. Virginia Tech, 2:15/1:15c, ESPN
Cheez-It Bowl: #19 Clemson vs. Iowa State, 5:45/4:45c, ESPN
Valero Alamo Bowl: #14 Oregon vs. #16 Oklahoma, 9:15/8:15c, ESPN

Thursday, December 30
Duke’s Mayo Bowl: North Carolina vs. South Carolina, 11:30/10:30a c, ESPN
TransPerfect Music City Bowl: Tennessee vs. Purdue, 3/2c, ESPN
Chick-fil-A Peach Bowl: #10 Michigan State vs. #12 Pittsburgh, 7/6c, ESPN
SRS Distribution Las Vegas Bowl: Wisconsin vs. Arizona State, 10:30/9:30c, ESPN

Friday, December 31
TaxSlayer Gator Bowl: #17 Wake Forest vs. #25 Texas A&M, 11/10a c, ESPN
Tony the Tiger Sun Bowl: Washington State vs. Miami, 2/1c, CBS
Barstool Sports Arizona Bowl: Central Michigan vs. Boise State, 2/1c, Barstool Sports
CFP Semifinal: Goodyear Cotton Bowl Classic: #4 Cincinnati vs. #1 Alabama, 3:30/2:30c, ESPN
CFP Semifinal: Capital One Orange Bowl: #3 Georgia vs. # 2 Michigan, 7:30/6:30c, ESPN

Saturday, January 1
Outback Bowl: Penn State vs. #21 Arkansas, Noon/11a c, ESPN2
PlayStation Fiesta Bowl: #9 Oklahoma State vs. #5 Notre Dame, 1/noon c, ESPN
Vrbo Citrus Bowl: #15 Iowa vs. #22 Kentucky, 1/noon c, ABC
Rose Bowl: #11 Utah vs. #6 Ohio State, 5/4c, ESPN
Allstate Sugar Bowl: #7 Baylor vs. #8 Ole Miss, 8:45/7:45c, ESPN

Tuesday, January 4
TaxAct Texas Bowl: LSU vs. Kansas State, 9/8c, ESPN

Monday, January 10
CFP National Championship, 8/7c, ESPN

IrishLion

I am Beyonce, always.
Staff member
Reaction score
I wish I would’ve kept up with my watch party threads during the season, as I would’ve kept WKU on there as under-the-radar viewing as the season progressed.

The story of their offense this season was insane… they straight up imported Houston Baptist’s FCS offense, complete with grabbing their offensive coordinator and bringing in their QB and three WR’s as transfers. Just transplanted the heart of that offense into CUSA. After a rough transition, they stuck with it and started lighting up their in-conference competition.

Bailey Zappe broke Joe Burrow’s single-season TD passes record today in their bowl game against Appalachian State in what was a really entertaining game.

I love college football and all the insane shit that goes with it, like a DI coach seeing a FCS team play a 4-game spring season and saying, “I’m gonna go get their OC, QB and as many WR’s as I can and just see what happens.”

And it worked!

SBirishlawyer

Reaction score
Not a lot of movement in here today. Was a good day of viewing. Shocked how bad Jackson state performed. Expected UTEP to get blown out but they played it tight wire to wire.

stpeteirish

Reaction score
BYU lost to UAB. So much for their lofty 13th ranking. BYU's defense really couldn't stop UAB.

BYU's RB Allgier is really good. Quick, fast for a 225 Lb guy and strong as an ox. Moves the pile every time.

We play them next year. They don't look that great. They'll look a lot worse if Allgier declares.

zelezo vlk

Reaction score
I wish I would’ve kept up with my watch party threads during the season, as I would’ve kept WKU on there as under-the-radar viewing as the season progressed.

Well your cover as a Chili Tech mole was blown, so why bother?

ACamp1900

Counting my ‘bet against ND’ winnings
Reaction score
BYU really surprised me,… my Miners had a couple key turnovers that really cost them, they were in it til the very end there,…

SBirishlawyer

Reaction score
BYU really surprised me,… my Miners had a couple key turnovers that really cost them, they were in it til the very end there,…

You got me watching a lot of utep (actually covid did when they were one team last year that still played). I thought they were gonna get smoked and was super impressed. Best they have been since price was the coach

ACamp1900

Counting my ‘bet against ND’ winnings
Reaction score
You got me watching a lot of utep (actually covid did when they were one team last year that still played). I thought they were gonna get smoked and was super impressed. Best they have been since price was the coach

It was a fun watch,… saw a handful of my students on TV today between the players, band and cheerleaders

dublinirish

Everestt Gholstonson
Reaction score
[TWEET]https://twitter.com/RossDellenger/status/1473715507144675340?s=20[/TWEET]

Henges24

Reaction score
JT Daniels has COVID. Outbreak in the GA locker room?
GA forfeits, ND forfeits Fiesta to move into Playoff vs Michigan.

Whiskeyjack

Mittens Margaritas Ante Porcos
Staff member
Reaction score
What’s going on?? I’m slow as usual

aTm just pulled out of the Gator Bowl because COVID has ravaged their roster, and they don't have enough healthy players to field a team. ND has consistently handled its COVID protocols well, so I'm not worried about us; but Stillwater, OK aint that far from College Station, TX, and the culture between those teams and cities and teams is pretty similar.

So it's possible that the Pokes might end up having to bow out of the Fiesta Bowl, potentially leaving us without an opponent.

IrishLax

Something Witty
Staff member
Reaction score
The contagiousness of Omicron is such that if one person in your locker room gets it chances are strong that 10+ people are going to get it. Michigan is taking their whole team to get boostered which is probably smart, but also might not do jack shit. It seems borderline inevitable that every team will have an outbreak in the next week.

IrishLax

Something Witty
Staff member
Reaction score
https://www.espn.com/college-footbal...ays-new-policy

A new College Football Playoff policy written this week in response to the surging omicron virus allows for a team to advance to the national championship -- and ultimately win it -- by its opponents having to forfeit, according to an updated set of COVID-19 policies the CFP released on Wednesday.

The changes, which were made by the CFP's management committee during a video conference on Tuesday, also provide flexibility for the Jan. 10 national championship game in Indianapolis to be pushed back no later than Jan. 14.

If one team is able to play in the title game and the other can't because of COVID-19 - and the game can't be rescheduled - the team that can't play will forfeit and its opponent will be declared the national champion. If both teams can't play on either the original or rescheduled date, the game will be declared a "no contest" and the CFP National Championship will be vacated for this season.

No. 1 Alabama will face No. 4 Cincinnati at 3:30 p.m. ET on Dec. 31 in the College Football Playoff Semifinal at the Goodyear Cotton Bowl Classic. No. 3 Georgia will face No. 2 Michigan at 7:30 p.m. ET on Dec. 31 in the CFP Semifinal at the Capital One Orange Bowl.

If one of those four semifinalists is unable to participate because of a COVID-19 outbreak, the unavailable team will forfeit the game, and its opponent will advance to the national championship.

"As we prepare for the playoff, it's wise and necessary to put into place additional precautions to protect those who will play and coach the games," CFP executive director Bill Hancock said in a prepared statement. "These policies will better protect our students and staffs while providing clarity in the event worst-case scenarios result."

If both teams are unavailable to play in a semifinal game, it would be declared "no contest" and the winner of the other semifinal game would be declared the CFP national champion.

The CFP's announcement on Wednesday came less than 90 minutes after Alabama announced offensive coordinator Bill O'Brien and offensive line coach Doug Marrone tested positive for COVID-19. According to the statement from coach Nick Saban and athletic trainer Jeff Allen, they have "very mild symptoms" and both are still expected to be able to coach against Cincinnati in the Cotton Bowl.

In the rare instance that three semifinal teams are unable to play, the lone remaining healthy team would win its game by forfeit and be declared the CFP national champion.

A school spokesman for Cincinnati told ESPN last week that the school does not make its team vaccination rate public. On Monday, Saban told reporters that more than 90% of his players have been fully vaccinated and received a booster.

Michigan offensive lineman Andrew Stueber told reporters on Tuesday the team planned to get its booster shots together on Wednesday as a team. A school spokesman for Georgia told ESPN that over 90% of the Bulldogs were fully vaccinated as of the SEC championship game.

The CFP also updated its policies for on-site, as athletic directors at each school have to certify that each person with access to the field on game day has tested negative for COVID-19 within 72 hours of the kickoff or has been fully vaccinated. According to the new policies, each school will use the same testing arrangement it used during the regular season, and arrange for testing at the game site.

"We certainly wish we were not in this position," Hancock stated in the news release, "but the only responsible thing is to take whatever actions we can reasonably take to better protect those who play and coach the game."

The CFP also set new COVID-19 policies for the Fiesta and Peach bowls, stating that the CFP, the bowl game and ESPN would try to reschedule the game within one week of the original date. If that doesn't work, the game would be considered a "no contest."

The Rose Bowl, which is contractually bound to the Big Ten and Pac-12, and the Sugar Bowl, which has contracts with the Big 12 and SEC, operate under separate agreements and don't fall under the new CFP guidelines.

Swear to God if Michigan wins a "national championship" on account of COVID forfeits I will lose my mind.

IrishLax

Something Witty
Staff member
Reaction score
Does anyone know the NCAA testing protocol and return to play restrictions? Are they still as crazy as last year?

ND players are traveling home Christmas which basically means guaranteed COVID.

Cackalacky2.0

Specimen
Reaction score
[TWEET]https://twitter.com/Brett_McMurphy/status/1473723442327339010?s=20[/TWEET]

[TWEET]https://twitter.com/RossDellenger/status/1473715507144675340?s=20[/TWEET]

yankeehater

Reaction score
Does anyone know the NCAA testing protocol and return to play restrictions? Are they still as crazy as last year?

ND players are traveling home Christmas which basically means guaranteed COVID.

Not sure. I was wondering about college hoops because the virus is wrecking the season now too. I was wondering how the committee will look at forfeitures due to the virus come tourney time.

IrishLax

Something Witty
Staff member
Reaction score
The data from South Africa indicates that Omicron may only be like a ~2 month event but the problem -- from a bowl and CFP standpoint -- is that what you're talking about is a bunch of players going through public transit hubs to get home for Christmas in what is presumably going to be the leading leg of the US peak. There are going to be virtually guaranteed outbreaks right before the bowl games... and while the players will almost all be healthy enough to play, I'm guessing that protocols won't let them. Omicron is not only orders of magnitude more contagious than the original strain of COVID but it almost entirely evades vaccines with regard to "testing positive."

drayer54

Reaction score
UM walking to a title would be worse than UM's fake 1997 title when Nebraska was clearly better.