Been following the NBA playoffs?

Irish Envy

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Has anyone else been following these playoffs? I hate what the NBA has become, but this has got to be the best playoffs I've seen since the early/mid 90s. I'd really love to see Miami vs Dallas for the title as I love both styles, and Phoenix isn't shabby either!

Irish Envy

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
punishment said:
I'd rather see Phoenix against Detroit.

I can't stand Shaq, or Mark Cuban.

I hate Detroit with a passion. Nothing but a bunch of malcontents that piss and moan when something goes wrong. I love how they are throwing their coach under the bus when they're the ones that can't stop Wade and Shaq.

Tell me how you can be named the Defensive Player of the Year, but disappear when you actually have to play defense on someone with talent. Wallace is a fraud.

irishnd31

Not just a pretty face
Reaction score
Gotta agree with Svo. Now that the Cavs are out, I want to see Wade and Dirk go at it. Can't stand NBA, but Wade is one of those special athletes and does amazing things and I think Dirk is nails. Heat in 6 games.

Irish Envy

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I'd take Phoenix and Miami, too. I think Boris Diaw is a star blossoming before our eyes and I just love any point guard that plays and distributes like Nash does.

maison bleu

Banned
Reaction score
Svoboda said:
Tell me how you can be named the Defensive Player of the Year, but disappear when you actually have to play defense on someone with talent. Wallace is a fraud.

First off, as I'm sure will come as No Surprise to most of you, I LOVE the Pistons. Joe Dumars, the classiest man in professional sports (and the man for whom the NBA's sportsmanship award is named) is the soul of the franchise.

Their play against Miami (so far) has sucked, for sure. But Ben Wallace, not merely the Defensive Player of the Year, but the four time Defensive Player of the Year, is not a fraud. He's having a tough series, for sure, in part because he's one-on-one with Shaq (an in-shape-for-the-first-time-in-years), but he's a potential Hall of Famer, not a fraud.

OK, it's time for tip off. Hopefully we're looking at Game 6 at American Airlines Arena.

Did I mention I've been stuck living in Miami for the last 8 months. I'm out of here next week. Can't wait.

Miami: Ugly Urban Sprawl, with Palm Trees

A

AZIRISHFAN

Oh I have got to go with the Suns. Suns vs. Heat would be a fun match-up. Its what the NBA needs. If Detroit and Dallas make it thru it will make for another boring finals. Sorry but Defense in the NBA makes for a boring game.

I just hope Bell isnt to sore today and can play again tomorrow. With him in the game the Suns play a much better game.

Folsteam_Ahead

Reaction score
well for one the statement that dallas would be boring bc of defense is just wrong. they're nothing like detroit. they're an offense first team.

and everyone can say whatever they want about how marc cuban is too whiny or eccentric, but you all know you'd love him if he owned your team. he actually cares about the game itself. goes to every game and gets excited. most owners just want to make a buck.

dallas will take the title! go mavs!

F

Fitzgerald

It's impossible even for Ben Wallace to defend Shaq one-on-one, because Shaq cheats and bullies his way through whoever's guarding him, and is never whistled for the fouls he commits - on nearly every offensive possession. The NBA refs actually were calling some of these (not all, just some) and the Bulls were pushing the Heat. Then, shock of shocks, they stopped calling them, so Wade and Shaq could keep playing.

The NBA isn't fixed, but it's damn close.

maison bleu

Banned
Reaction score
Here was the play of the game last night in the Piston's win:

"Just as O'Neal was about to spring his 7-foot-1, 325-pound body toward the basket [for a dunk], Ben Wallace threw a hand down on top of the ball and with some kind of superhuman strength snuffed out the entire enterprise in its infancy. O'Neal would up crashing to the floor, eventually falling backwards and sprawling onto his back, while the ball went nowhere and the referees whistled for a jump ball."

punishment

Reaction score
That was a clean block, regardless of what Shaq says. I got ticked off at Shaq when that female reporter asked Shaq about the block and he said "that was a foul, you know it was foul, now don't ask dumb questions."

What a freakin idiot. He got swatted, and he knows it. Nobody gets away with more calls than Shaq, both on the defensive and offensive end. He commits more offensive fouls than any player in the history of the game, but gets called on those like 1 out every 1316 times.

irishnd31

Not just a pretty face
Reaction score
punishment said:
That was a clean block, regardless of what Shaq says. I got ticked off at Shaq when that female reporter asked Shaq about the block and he said "that was a foul, you know it was foul, now don't ask dumb questions."

What a freakin idiot. He got swatted, and he knows it. Nobody gets away with more calls than Shaq, both on the defensive and offensive end. He commits more offensive fouls than any player in the history of the game, but gets called on those like 1 out every 1316 times.

This may be true, but Kazaam was one hell of a flick. :banghead2

jiggafini19

The Pope
Reaction score
I haven't watched basketball in about 6 or 7 years until this year. I got into the Bulls again last year because I could sit through more than 1 quarter of a game. This year I was into them again and I started catching games between two teams that were not Chicago.

This NBA Playoffs has been great. LeBron James has arrived, Phoenix and Dallas are fun teams to watch on offense and how can you not like D. Wade in Miami? Basketball will be back again. Their big mistake was marketing INDIVIDUALS over the team. Backfired horribly.

The Bulls making the playoffs in back to back seasons has helped me. They were bad, post Jordan. They couldn't compete, so by the time Christmas rolled around it was pointless to follow them. John Paxson and Scott Skiles have brought back hope.

And Steve Kerr on TNT....GREAT broadcasting.