Banned Users

ulukinatme

Pyne for QB 2022!
Reaction score
Everyone be adults, lets not do this before the season! No reason to lose anyone, bannings should be a last resort. If you find yourself getting heated, step away and cool off.

Junkhead

Community Mod
Reaction score
Someone is going to say something you don’t like. Someone is going to say many things you don’t agree with. If you need a tampon bring one in with you.
It may be an unpopular opinion, but I feel the political threads add absolutely nothing to this site. We are bombarded with politics 24-7, I come to IE to read and comment on ND football. Maybe it adds to traffic, who knows. Mod or not, it's a waste of time to me. If they don't like that opinion, I'll gladly resign. Whatever.

Cackalacky2.0

Specimen
Reaction score
It may be an unpopular opinion, but I feel the political threads add absolutely nothing to this site. We are bombarded with politics 24-7, I come to IE to read and comment on ND football. Maybe it adds to traffic, who knows. Mod or not, it's a waste of time to me. If they don't like that opinion, I'll gladly resign. Whatever.
It’s nothing like that. If you go into the politics forums you should be prepared to encounter things you aren’t going to pleased hearing. After years it’s just the way it is. Don’t want to be offended? Don’t go in. Don’t want to read someone shitposting your political party? Don’t go in. Regulating it is entirely not a job anyone needs to do.

If you go in, have thick skin and sack up.

Last edited:

ulukinatme

Pyne for QB 2022!
Reaction score
I agree that the Political forums should warrant thick skin, and that they probably do bring little to the site. That said, at some point people can cross a line and there's no need for personal attacks. People take it way too personal, politics are pretty silly at the end of the day. It's fun to debate, but people shouldn't let it get under their skin.

ACamp1900

Counting my ‘bet against ND’ winnings
Reaction score
It creates traffic,……. There’s a number of posters who just about only post there,…..

Cackalacky2.0

Specimen
Reaction score
I agree that the Political forums should warrant thick skin, and that they probably do bring little to the site. That said, at some point people can cross a line and there's no need for personal attacks. People take it way too personal, politics are pretty silly at the end of the day. It's fun to debate, but people shouldn't let it get under their skin.
Exactly. That forum is mostly opinions and little substance and it’s always a circle jerk of confirmation bias so if you I get butthurt easily I don’t know what to say to you. If you wish you could ignore someone then do so or don’t come in. Don’t be a dick and don’t personally attack posters. It’s fairly straightforward.

Henges24

Reaction score
People need to relax. Getting mad on the internet is literally the downfall of America.

IE is basically the old school metaverse. You just can’t punch anyone in the face here.

Junkhead

Community Mod
Reaction score
It’s nothing like that. If you go into the politics forums you should be prepared to encounter things you aren’t going to pleased hearing. After years it’s just the way it is. Don’t want to be offended? Don’t go in. Don’t want to read someone shitposting your political party? Don’t go in. Regulating it is entirely not a job anyone needs to do.

If you go in, have thick skin and sack up.
Fair enough, but it always eventually ends up in anger and profanity in there.

IrishLax

Something Witty
Staff member
Reaction score
We’re locking the Politics forum until at least Week 1. Maybe longer.

We put it in a subforum so that the degeneracy wouldn’t show up on the front page, but obviously it’s still something a lot of people get annoyed with. Alternatively, there are some people who really enjoy posting in that area more than anywhere else, so we don’t want to do a “no politics” rule like ISD or some other sites but we gotta figure out something where people can play nice in the sandbox.

Grahambo

Varsity Club Member
Reaction score

We put it in a subforum so that the degeneracy wouldn’t show up on the front page, but obviously it’s still something a lot of people get annoyed with. Alternatively, there are some people who really enjoy posting in that area more than anywhere else, so we don’t want to do a “no politics” rule like ISD or some other sites but we gotta figure out something where people can play nice in the sandbox.
Which was worse: politics thread or the frozen five thread?

Bishop2b5

SEC Exchange Student
Reaction score

I always thought a private warning when someone started stepping over the line and then a week in jail to cool off worked well enough.

fucking-degens-from-up-country.jpg

ACamp1900

Counting my ‘bet against ND’ winnings
Reaction score

It still pops up on my front page when I search for new posts, that’s what keeps it in my mind and board experience,… maybe consider making it hidden there too so only the hardcores can find the threads??? I’m just thinking out loud/ trying to help

arahop

Reaction score

Yeah shutting down the Political/Trump thread is probably for the best especially for radical Republicans and trump's delusional klan. Zero hope for that tribe to get out of their zeitgeist. Somehow I always get sucked back in that thread and it just eats my soul away.

ND88

Reaction score
It still pops up on my front page when I search for new posts, that’s what keeps it in my mind and board experience,… maybe consider making it hidden there too so only the hardcores can find the threads??? I’m just thinking out loud/ trying to help
I think this is a solid idea. No reason to get rid of the political threads. It’s like Reddit vs. 4chan in there with a lot of circular talk, but for the most part, I don’t sense there’s any real vitriol. Also, put this thread in there as well.

Cackalacky2.0

Specimen
Reaction score
Another solution is that you can ignore threads and forums if you don’t want to go. You have the personal freedom to not engage. If you want to know how to do this then ask one of the staff. I mean if you know you about to step in shit……

No one is obliged to post in those threads. No one. Grow up and relax.

Last edited:

Old Man Mike

Fast as Lightning!
Reaction score
I feel strongly violent about non-engagement!!!

GIVE ME VIOLENT NON-ENGAGEMENT or GIVE ME (THE OTHER GUY"S) DEATH!!!!

... sorry, lost it a bit there.

SouthSideChiDomer

Reaction score
People need to relax. Getting mad on the internet is literally the downfall of America.

IE is basically the old school metaverse. You just can’t punch anyone in the face here.
You can't tell me what to do! I will punch the face of your avatar on my screen if I feel like it!

stpeteirish

Reaction score
Another solution is that you can ignore threads and forums if you don’t want to go. You have the personal freedom to not engage. If you want to know how to do this then ask one of the staff.

No one is obliged to post in those threads. No one. Grow up and relax.
True. But the inevitable spillover into the non political sites needs to be closely monitored and enforced. Some people just can't help themselves.

bobbyok1

Dominates Wiffle Ball
Reaction score
I am often amazed at adults who don't like something and their solution is a desire to ban it, or make it go away. If anything I think the political sites need to stay to help some people grow in maturity and learn how to deal with things they don't like or disagree with.

Life doesn't play by "safe spaces" rules, nor does it need to, as this would foster soft immature adults.

Old Man Mike

Fast as Lightning!
Reaction score
And Cack (to be serious for a moment) I REALLY appreciate the work you do cleaning up all the crap which gets spewed around here.

Cackalacky2.0

Specimen
Reaction score
And Cack (to be serious for a moment) I REALLY appreciate the work you do cleaning up all the crap which gets spewed around here.
We all love this site. But just like every community we have some seedy dark alleyways inhabited by barely conscious denizens and homeless people. And that is ok. Just don’t go there. 😂 Believe me I been down in those places before.

Lol