Banned Users

IrishinTN

Reaction score
RhodeIrish suggested a newsletter, but how about a thread instead. Here you can list banned users, the type and the duration. What do you think? I'll start...

Temporary Bans
User Duration

Self-Imposed Bans
Rack Em?

Permanent Bans
95NDAlumNM
Irishfan33'
title2012/title2014/title2114/NJNP/DonnieNarco
Kanye West/Nick Setta

Banning Hall of Fame
Arabia
Jayrock(kkkkkk)
mbeckha
NeuteredDoomer
All variations of Bin *****
Allgator
Ant80
Wolverine1997
Dirty Secret
Bruin Steve
Jughed Jones
Reggie Bush (et al)
IrishPat/MartyIrish

Last edited by a moderator:

STLDomer

Schmitty
Reaction score
What now? I feel like the best that can come of this thread is to stickie it in the Leprachaun Lounge so ppl stop asking why/when/who got banned (including me) and close the thread. I do think having a thread that Mods can update it when a poster leaves/gets banned is useful because a couple threads have gotten off topic seeing two prominent posters are gone.

Last edited:

woolybug25

#1 Vineyard Vines Fan
Reaction score
What now? I feel like the best that can come of this thread is to stickie it in the Leprachaun Lounge so ppl stop asking why/when/who got banned (including me) and close the thread. I do think having a thread that Mods can update it when a poster leaves/gets banned is useful because a couple threads have gotten off topic seeing two prominent posters are gone.

Why? How could a thread like this ever get off topic?

NDWorld247

Reaction score
What happened to HereComeTheIrish? Did he quit?

That Crazy, Koolaid thread was a killer.

woolybug25

#1 Vineyard Vines Fan
Reaction score
I didn't say this thread would get off topic. I said its good to have this thread so others don't.

I wasn't saying that you did. My comment was regarding your comment of making it a thread that only mods post in and is closed to the rest of us. I doubt the mods want another closed thread that they have to manage and this is the Lep Lounge. A part of the forum designed for off-topic threads meant for this type of thread.

Irish Insanity

Reaction score
I believe it was stated in another thread that they were asked to take a break until the season starts and Bogs logged in and shouldn't have.

no.1IrishFan

Reaction score
I think a thread like this could serve a good purpose for letting us know the status of banned users so we don't clog up other threads. However, I can see it getting pretty heated over the justification of some of the reasons people were banned.
Maybe if it were just a username and return date and possibly the infraction posted by the mods.
Maybe even disable comments if that's a possibility, that way we can use it just for reference and not have to worry about things escalating over the validity of the ban.
Just a thought.

Irish Insanity

Reaction score
I think a thread like this could serve a good purpose for letting us know the status of banned users so we don't clog up other threads. However, I can see it getting pretty heated over the justification of some of the reasons people were banned.
Maybe if it were just a username and return date and possibly the infraction posted by the mods.
Maybe even disable comments if that's a possibility, that way we can use it just for reference and not have to worry about things escalating over the validity of the ban.
Just a thought.

I agree. It would be straight up embarrassing if someone got banned arguing with someone about someone being banned.

STLDomer

Schmitty
Reaction score

That's what I was advocating for but since its open....

I believe it was stated in another thread that they were asked to take a break until the season starts and Bogs logged in and shouldn't have.

I don't see why he can't log on unbanned as Bogtrotter if he doesn't post. LA is logged on right now.

If the offenses are the same so should the punishments

Irish Insanity

Reaction score
I don't see why he can't log on unbanned as Bogtrotter if he doesn't post. LA is logged on right now.

If the offenses are the same so should the punishments

Just passing along what I read

Jason asked LA and Bogs to take a self-imposed leave of absence until the season starts. Both agreed, which is how they avoided temporary bans. Bogs apparently signed back into the site a few nights ago, and is now banned until the bye week as a result. I suspect LA will receive a similar ban if and when he logs in prematurely.

Junkhead

Community Mod
Reaction score
If someone is banned, it is deserved(hopefully!). As far as keeping a database of them as public knowledge, I doubt that will happen. I could also send a daily list of the 1000 bots I attempted to block.

Booslum31

Reaction score
How'd we go this long without a thread about guys/girls getting banned? I know that I PM'd a couple guys to hear what happened to Bogs out of curiosity. IMO the Mod should have a place to alert us. If we leave it open to discussion on top of that it could migrate to unhealthy debate. Might not...but could.

Junkhead

Community Mod
Reaction score
RhodeIrish suggested a newsletter, but how about a thread instead. Here you can list banned users, they type and the duration. What do you think? I'll start...

User Type Duration
NDinLA self-imposed Opening Day
Bogtrotter Temporary Bye Week

There are probably 1,000+. Good luck.

woolybug25

#1 Vineyard Vines Fan
Reaction score
I hope Bogs got his for logging in and posting, not just for logging on. If that's the case, then LA deserves the same. He was literally just logged on.

If we closed/disabled posting in every thread that had potential for heated arguments, then every politics post on here would have to have that fate. I think this thread is fine as is and people just need to get thicker skin. If gets heated, the mods will do their job. The rest of us shouldn't have to suffer because of the potential actions of a few. That's why they created the Lep Lounge in the first place.

NDWorld247

Reaction score
Who belongs in the "Banned Hall of Fame"? I followed the site for a long time before registering but mostly read the recruiting threads and never really paid attention to who was posting what. But when I go back and read threads I always come across banned users and curious what happened to them.

Reaction score
Ban everyone who thinks we should put in a jumbotron or who supported the creation of the forward pass or helmets.

Wait, I thought this was NDNation...

GoldenIsThyFame

Reaction score
Who belongs in the "Banned Hall of Fame"? I followed the site for a long time before registering but mostly read the recruiting threads and never really paid attention to who was posting what. But when I go back and read threads I always come across banned users and curious what happened to them.

Arabia
Jayrock(kkkkkk)
mbeckha
NeuteredDoomer
All variations of Bin *****

woolybug25

#1 Vineyard Vines Fan
Reaction score
Ant

Dude was on here as an OSU fan for five years before getting banned.