Another Shooting

fightingirish26

Reaction score
Read through the discussion and see who's angry, ranting, cursing, demanding their way like a spoiled child, and having a temper tantrum, then see who's calm and discussing things like an adult, then decide for yourself.
Children getting murdered tends to evoke emotional responses. More concerning is people thinking this should be a calm discussion.

Cackalacky2.0

Specimen
Reaction score

Shooter was being treated for an "emotional disorder," police chief says​

From CNN's Michael Hayes

The shooter was under care for an "emotional disorder," Metro Nashville Police Chief John Drake said Tuesday.
"Law enforcement knew nothing about the treatment" 28-year-old Aubrey Hale was receiving, he added.
Hale's parents "felt that (Hale) should not own weapons" and were under the impression Hale had sold one weapon and "did not own any more," Drake said.
"As it turned out, (Hale) had been hiding several weapons within the house," Drake said.

You know why this is so? I’ll give you one guess which party had a law allowing mental health people on a database for LEO and which party undid it.

I’ll just help you out here:

Last edited:

GATTACA!

It's about to get gross
Reaction score
Almost 400 million guns in this country, you'll never confiscate them all...especially when it'll only be law abiding citizens that turn them in. Nevermind the fact you can 3D print ghost guns these days, it makes confiscating them irrelevant.

The whole reason psychos target schools is because they're easy targets. It's not rocket science. Lots of children that won't be able to fight back, typically just one adult per classroom, and very few deterrents if any once they're in the door. "You want our schools to be prisons?" No, I want our schools to be safe. A lot of schools already have strong measures in place to prevent people on the outside getting in, some of which include outside doors being locked with one buzzed in access point at the front of the school. That needs to be a mandatory rule across the board, but further actions need to take place. There should be at least one armed officer in each school per X number of students (Job creation!). There should be safety measures for classrooms. Not every teacher needs to be armed, but if they're comfortable handling a firearm it should be considered as an option. Bulletproof glass on classroom doors. I've seen where one school deploys a fog in the hallways in the case of an active shooter. Any and all options should be considered.

I promise you that the problem will never go away until people start realizing why schools are the ones that keep being targeted.
Who is arguing that all guns should be confiscated?

Cackalacky2.0

Specimen
Reaction score
Nobody wants to address the fact that the shooter abandoned plans for a shooting at another school because the other school was a much more difficult target, so focused on and carried this out at Covenant?
If access to guns was restricted she’d have had to plan out a killing spree with knives and kitchen cutlery instead. Getting through glass doors with butter knife will be tough for anyone.

ulukinatme

Carr for QB 2024!
Reaction score
A lot of the media in the last 24 hours. It's a Pandora's Box situation unfortunately.
As far as increasing restrictions I'm all for stricter gun ownership, but I realize that it also won't solve the problem.
The solution has to be protecting kids and schools. Even if there was a magic button to take away the guns, these psychos would find ways to hurt the kids if they remain easy targets. They want to cause harm, and schools provide the perfect target plain and simple.

Nobody wants to address the fact that the shooter abandoned plans for a shooting at another school because the other school was a much more difficult target, so focused on and carried this out at Covenant?

Exactly my point.

Cackalacky2.0

Specimen
Reaction score
I like you idea on the CDL type more restrictive license if on guns. What type of license would I need for tactical nukes and mobile assault vehicles because as you know any limit on the 2nd amendment is an infringement of everyone’s rights to stand up to a tyrannical government n

Bishop2b5

SEC Exchange Student
Reaction score
Children getting murdered tends to evoke emotional responses. More concerning is people thinking this should be a calm discussion.
I'm concerned that people like you don't understand why an emotional response instead of a calm, reasoned one is part of the problem. Nothing wrong with being upset about the shooting... we all are. The problem is that ranting, yelling, cursing, name-calling, and being overwrought is absolutely the worst way to find a good solution. All that usually produces is an emotional reaction that does more harm than good. It's what immature, emotional thinkers do. The adults get past the emotions of the moment and look for good answers, not emotional ones.

fightingirish26

Reaction score
Yep let's all sit around with our legs folded and calmly discuss why we can't do anything and rinse repeat next week.

irishog77

NOT SINBAD's NEPHEW
Reaction score
No. Restricted in the least. Lol. It’s easier to buy and carry guns than it is to vote.
Based on?

Try and engage in an actual discussion instead of making foolish and/or outlandish sound bites. Remarks like yours literally contribute nothing to a serious discussion. I think (hope) every single person here is hurt and horrified by what happened. This one literally hit home for me. It was 2 miles from house and my wife kept calling me in a panic. One of my sons' classmates lost a sister in the shooting.

People from both sides of the aisle want this madness to stop. Try and contribute something that may actually help it stop. Are guns a problem in our country? Absolutely. But we also have a unique relationship with them due to our Constitution. If you can't or won't acknowledge that it's at least a possible slippery slope to start infringing upon our 2nd Amendment rights, and then what that could also mean for the rest of our rights, then you are either a fool or ignorant.

Besides guns, you know what else is a problem in our country? Mental health, the nanny state, lack of personal accountability, and a rush to try make "political" hot takes and try and stick it to the other guy and p-own him. Quit thinking the sole source of 6 people being killed at school is an inanimate object.

In this shooting, we literally have indications that the shooter was deterred from carrying this out elsewhere. We, as thinkers and debaters, have something to use, discuss, and build upon as at least 1 factor to limit these tragedies. And what de we get from you? It's easier to vote than get a gun. lol

Do better, man. Do a whole helluva lot better.

Cackalacky2.0

Specimen
Reaction score
Based on?

Try and engage in an actual discussion instead of making foolish and/or outlandish sound bites. Remarks like yours literally contribute nothing to a serious discussion. I think (hope) every single person here is hurt and horrified by what happened. This one literally hit home for me. It was 2 miles from house and my wife kept calling me in a panic. One of my sons' classmates lost a sister in the shooting.

People from both sides of the aisle want this madness to stop. Try and contribute something that may actually help it stop. Are guns a problem in our country? Absolutely. But we also have a unique relationship with them due to our Constitution. If you can't or won't acknowledge that it's at least a possible slippery slope to start infringing upon our 2nd Amendment rights, and then what that could also mean for the rest of our rights, then you are either a fool or ignorant.

Besides guns, you know what else is a problem in our country? Mental health, the nanny state, lack of personal accountability, and a rush to try make "political" hot takes and try and stick it to the other guy and p-own him. Quit thinking the sole source of 6 people being killed at school is an inanimate object.

In this shooting, we literally have indications that the shooter was deterred from carrying this out elsewhere. We, as thinkers and debaters, have something to use, discuss, and build upon as at least 1 factor to limit these tragedies. And what de we get from you? It's easier to vote than get a gun. lol

Do better, man. Do a whole helluva lot better.
Oh look another complainer. You fucking do better 😂 . In my state I can get a gun (as many as I want) in minutes and walk out with them. That’s fucking easy. I can vote with my Conceal carry permit though that’s. Cool. My neighbor has a harder time voting because he can’t stand in line for the three hours at our one precinct to vote. He also can’t get approved for early voting because they don’t accept his reasons for not being able to vote in person. GTFOH with do better. Our politicians need to do better and stop allowing children to dies in places of learning because too big of pussies to do anything about it.

I’m the only one here today providing any sources or backup of my stance so you can really stfu and do better yourself.

Last edited:

irishog77

NOT SINBAD's NEPHEW
Reaction score
Oh look another complainer. You fucking do better. In my state I can get a gun as many as I want in minutes and walk out with it. That’s fucking easy.
Oh look, another dumbass comment from you. How many background checks have you had run on you when trying to vote? Lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol

irishog77

NOT SINBAD's NEPHEW
Reaction score
To paraphrase the great Raylen Givens, "you run into an asshole in the morning, you run into an asshole. You run into assholes all day? Maybe you're the asshole."

Something cackalacky should consider with his complaints about complainers.

irishog77

NOT SINBAD's NEPHEW
Reaction score
Oh, heavens no!!!! Cackalacky just booed a comment of mine. Now he's really bringing it. It's almost like he's...complaining.

But actual discussion??

Cackalacky2.0

Specimen
Reaction score
Oh, heavens no!!!! Cackalacky just booed a comment of mine. Now he's really bringing it. It's almost like he's...complaining.

But actual discussion??
Oh no mbecka is upset because Cacky has been discussing this all day and using actuaal sources to back his shit up. Lmaoooo. Show us on the doll where Cack hurt you bruv.

GATTACA!

It's about to get gross
Reaction score
Oh look, another dumbass comment from you. How many background checks have you had run on you when trying to vote? Lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol
Convince enough republicans that illegals are voting and we can probably get that going lol.

Cackalacky2.0

Specimen
Reaction score
Oh look mbecka trying be cool. I’m guessing you have never had difficulty voting and that your personal experience is what every other American goes through. Typical.

Cackalacky2.0

Specimen
Reaction score
To paraphrase the great Raylen Givens, "you run into an asshole in the morning, you run into an asshole. You run into assholes all day? Maybe you're the asshole."

Something cackalacky should consider with his complaints about complainers.
Do better bro and you won’t have to run into me

irishog77

NOT SINBAD's NEPHEW
Reaction score
I don't know about y'all, but seems like it's time for some fake/false/retracted news posted from twitter- we haven't had any in like 2 hours.

On a serious note though, I do find those cumbersome background checks to determine if I'm eligible to vote burdensome.

Cackalacky2.0

Specimen
Reaction score
I don't know about y'all, but seems like it's time for some fake/false/retracted news posted from twitter- we haven't had any in like 2 hours.

On a serious note though, I do find those cumbersome background checks to determine if I'm eligible to vote burdensome.
They aren’t cumbersome thatsbpoint. They are much easier to get a gun than it is to vote. You seem unable to a grasp that. Weird. I got plenty of tweets ready to go I just can’t handle any more whiny reaponses

irishog77

NOT SINBAD's NEPHEW
Reaction score
Did I try and engage in a genuine discussion with an adult...or a 9 year old, social-media-crazed, fleeting mind who would seemingly rather engage in a game of "I know you are but what am I?"

Shame on me.

Cackalacky2.0

Specimen
Reaction score
Is this petulant child still a moderator/owner on IE?

Sad in general, but even more so if that's the case.
I am. So what. You don’t like it you are free to not engage me. Totally free. Like free to do better elsewhere free. We also have a great function called the ignore function. It’s been great and works well. I suggest you give it a whirl and see how it works. We spent some good money upgrading the site with this wonderful feature.

NorthDakota

Grandson of Loomis
Reaction score

I literally show a state ID lol. I will never understand the "harder to vote than" comparisons. Pretty easy to vote. I think that background check required me to do more than pull out my wallet.

I think a lot of people are spinning their wheels on this. Not male, not a kid, not under 21. No waiting period issue. Just a 28 year old woman, with no criminal record, whose parents didn't know about the guns (allegedly).

Loved the article where the dude tried showing how easy it is to buy a gun and failed the background check lol. Turned out he beat his ex or something I think.