All Things pOSU

Giddyup

Reaction score
I really think Wall Street is giving some of that endowment money back to fuel this. That money isn’t sitting there for perpetuity

Money spends it doesn’t just sit dormant

T-Boone

Reaction score
It’s like these foundations are competing with / claiming cancer charity money and the like.

MNIrishman

Reaction score
I think it was a charter out of OSU regional airport. Unclear if it had any connection to the university, but there's no reason to believe it did.

NDBoiler

The Rep Machine
Reaction score
I think it was a charter out of OSU regional airport. Unclear if it had any connection to the university, but there's no reason to believe it did.
I saw an article where OSU president said it wasn’t anyone “from the university” on the plane.

Chicago Domer

Reaction score
What's stopping ND alumni donating millions to NIL? We have more millionaires and billionaires than Ohio State
But there are a lot more OSU alums. I don’t know their exact number but they probably graduate at least 5x more students than we do annually, if not more.

Jiggafini19Deux

What do you hillbillies want?
Reaction score
Ohio State 2024 coaching staff:

Ryan Day - HC

Chip Kelly - OC/QB
Brian Hartline - co-OC/WR
Justin Frye - OL
Tony Alford - RB
Keenan Bailey - TE

Jim Knowles - DC
Larry Johnson - DL
Tim Walton - CBs/secondary
Matt Guerrieri - S
James Laurinaitis - LB

Chip Kelly is primarily going to recruit and coach QBs while doing the game plan. That offensive staff outside of him is a strong group of recruiters.

stlnd01

Was away. Now returned.
Reaction score
But there are a lot more OSU alums. I don’t know their exact number but they probably graduate at least 5x more students than we do annually, if not more.
Yeah. They have 46,000 undergrads. We have 8,000. In other words, one of their classes is bigger than our entire student body. Over time, that amounts to A LOT more alumni.
Unless you have a Phil Knight/Boone Pickens style billionaire willing to bankroll your whole program (we do not), that's hard to compete with.

NumbersGuy0520

Reaction score
And before people chime in with the whole “but ND post-grad salaries” argument, given the above, the average ND graduate would have to make about 5.75x the salary of the average OSU graduate in order to even out contributions.

OhioIrish

Reaction score
And before people chime in with the whole “but ND post-grad salaries” argument, given the above, the average ND graduate would have to make about 5.75x the salary of the average OSU graduate in order to even out contributions.
And care about football the way OSU alums do.

Jiggafini19Deux

What do you hillbillies want?
Reaction score
They're going for Oregon's RB coach according to reports.

They're really ramping it up. Have to think with all these moves that nothing less than a Big Ten Championship is going to suffice for 2024/25.

Irish du Nord

Reaction score

Chip making bout the same as what is being reported that ND is paying both OC and DC.
Well we’re making out like bandits then, I’d take Golden-Denbrock over Chip and Knowles and I think Knowles is worth more than Chip!

ColinKSU

Reaction score

NumbersGuy0520

Reaction score

lol would be nice but I read this and my first thought was “not a chance”.

NDPhilly

Philly Torqued
Reaction score
Sure why not. NCAA has zero authority anymore and only does things to pander to increase their likabilty.