9 LSU players accused of rape over the past 4 years

phillyirish

Reaction score
Normally I’d say the NCAA bias towards the SEC and arbitrary punishment they deal out would protect LSU. In this day and age, I don’t think you can take these allegations lightly.

I don’t see how Coach O keeps his job. Better be some major actions against the program.

NDBoiler

The Rep Machine
Reaction score
Yeah definitely seems like significant negligence and failures by the administration. You’d like to think people Could be trusted to do the right thing, but clearly some have misguided morals/ethics.

Free Manera

Reaction score
Yeah definitely seems like significant negligence and failures by the administration. You’d like to think people Could be trusted to do the right thing, but clearly some have misguided morals/ethics.

This seems even more systemic than Baylor. And it isn't even limited to athletes.

Southside Sully

Reaction score
It is disgusting, how this is being handled or has been handled. Lets not forget though, how ND royally botched how they handled the Lizzie Seeburg, Prince Shembo dealings.

DCDomer

Reaction score
This program is going down the tubes at warp speed. Don't think 60 Minutes will be doing any fluff pieces next Fall.

Bishop2b5

SEC Exchange Student
Reaction score

JFC! If even half of this is true, a LOT of heads need to roll. It sure looks like the LSU coaching staff and administration just straight up violated the law intentionally and repeatedly and put football ahead of what's right and were protecting multiple players who were committing rape, sexual assault, and domestic violence instead of protecting their female students. If shown to be the case, I hope criminal charges are filed. This isn't much better than PSU and Sandusky.

Riddickulous

"That" Guy
Reaction score
Man, this is disgusting.

Gotta wonder how many schools have done similar things that haven't come to light. Probably a lot.

Wingman Ray

Banned
Reaction score
It is disgusting, how this is being handled or has been handled. Lets not forget though, how ND royally botched how they handled the Lizzie Seeburg, Prince Shembo dealings.

I didnt see that as a botch.

I have a teenage daughter so I am very concerned and attentive to these kinds of things. However, going to an athletes dorm room by yourself and then say you were there behind closed doors just to study either reeks of extreme stupidity or naiveness or possibly both.

Wasnt there just a case earlier where a woman banged an athlete and then claimed rape so that it wouldnt effect the guy she wanted a relationship with?

Last edited:

Irishnuke

CFB Message Board Guy
Reaction score
Man, this is disgusting.

Gotta wonder how many schools have done similar things that haven't come to light. Probably a lot.

Imagine how bad this shit would have been in the 80s. Hell, just pick any decade before 2010 and I’m sure the numbers would have been insane.

Southside Sully

Reaction score
I didnt see that as a botch.

I have a teenage daughter so I am very concerned and attentive to these kinds of things. However, going to an athletes dorm room by yourself and then say you were there behind closed doors just to study either reeks of extreme stupidity or naiveness or possibly both.

Wasnt there just a case earlier where a woman banged an athlete and then claimed rape so that it wouldnt effect the guy she wanted a relationship with?

Pretty detailed article worth a read

https://www.ncronline.org/news/accountability/reported-sexual-assault-notre-dame-campus-leaves-more-questions-answers

IrishLax

Something Witty
Staff member
Reaction score

Be careful taking Henneberger at face value.

The Seeburg situation has been litigated to death on here... but here's the bottom line -- when you walk through the timeline of events and deal with facts only, it's hard to come to the conclusion that ND didn't do everything by the book. The one point that someone can potentially criticize is how long it took NDSP to interview Shembo. However, some cops on ISD pointed out that it was actually a total nothingburger for this type of investigation, and its extremely typical for it to take days or weeks to finish conducting all interviews.

But Seeburg's complaint of getting fondled was reported to the police who launched an investigation -> her conflicting accounts were contradicted by multiple people as well as physical evidence -> independent review by SBPD and the local DA likewise concluded there was nothing wrong with NDSP's handling of the investigation.

The tragedy is a young woman committing suicide, but the myth is the "cover up" which simply didn't happen.

IrishLax

Something Witty
Staff member
Reaction score
And to be clear, I think that Shembo has proven to be a piece of shit and probably did something close to what he was accused of (i.e. unwanted touching her boob over clothing after consensual kissing).

My point is that laying the blame at the feet of Notre Dame begs the question what should they have done differently in retrospect... and it's hard to come up with much of an answer to that. It's certainly nothing close to systemic problems or cover ups like we have seen at Baylor and elsewhere.

Southside Sully

Reaction score
And to be clear, I think that Shembo has proven to be a piece of shit and probably did something close to what he was accused of (i.e. unwanted touching her boob over clothing after consensual kissing).

My point is that laying the blame at the feet of Notre Dame begs the question what should they have done differently in retrospect... and it's hard to come up with much of an answer to that. It's certainly nothing close to systemic problems or cover ups like we have seen at Baylor and elsewhere.

Yes it is not systemic.. Im not taking the article at face value either, I think there was still a lot of red tape during it. It isn't same level, but should be a reminder to people

BobbyMac

O'Skool
Staff member
Reaction score
Horrible to hear and that's a lot of numbers for nothing to have happened but I hope each player gets his day in court before being strung up on Twitter.

Rogue219

Reaction score
Orgeron and his wife divorced earlier this year. They'd been married for a while. I have wondered about why they called it quits after over 20 years of marriage.

No point in getting caught up in anyone's success story anymore. They're all frauds. I'm not talking about flawed human beings like the rest of us. I'm talking two faced knob slobbing frauds.

gkIrish

Greek God
Reaction score
Pretty difficult to win the way they did (some calling them the best team ever) without selling your soul. Not surprised at all if the allegations are true.

irishff1014

Reaction score
I would imagine at some point the state has to step in since it's a State college.

Irish#1

Livin' Your Dream!
Reaction score
SEC! SEC!

There’s a whole lot of people at LSU that deserve to be fired.

MNIrishman

Reaction score
If you read my post history, you'll see that I hate the SEC more than most. My lack of faith in their institutional morality is matched only by my complete inability to respect the academics doled out in Dixie.

In that context, I want to pump the brakes here. Journalists have long since embraced the cesspool themselves, readily ruining lives with falsehood for the sake of a click. I don't want to run with a hit piece until the facts come out through investigations and trials.

NDShark

Reaction score
Wowzers.

In all fairness Ed told her he was married, she just couldn't understand wtf he was saying.

mVDASMV.gif

Rogue219

Reaction score

This is after the fact. The separation/divorce proceedings started back in March/April.

I have been a fan of Coach O since he got to LSU, but now in hindsight, he's been an assistant at Miami and USC during periods of success and turmoil off the field at those programs. This should come as no surprise. I thought maybe this guy had learned from previous mistakes and was getting it right. This doesn't appear to be the case.