'25 MS QB Deuce Knight (Notre Dame Verbal)

11135940.jpg

Quarterback
Lucedale, MS
George County

Measurements
Ht: 6'4"
Wt: 185

Ratings
247: .................. :s::s::s::s: #8 QB, #66 OA, 93 Rating
247 Comp: ..... :s::s::s::s: #8 QB, #51 OA, .9729
Rivals: ............... :s::s::s::s: #1 QB-D, #52 OA, 5.9
ESPN: ................ :s::s::s::s: #2 QB-D, #133 OA, 82
On3: ................. :s::s::s::s: #6 QB, #54 OA, 94

Offers
Notre Dame ......... Offered 3-17-23 ....... Committed 9-18-23
Auburn
Bama
Colorado
Georgia
Indiana
Louisville
Memphis
Miami
Mississippi St
Oregon
Ole Miss
S Carolina
TCU
Tennessee
Texas A&M
Tulsa
USF
Vandy
Va Tech
Washington
FAMU
JSU
SoMiss

Last edited by a moderator:

condoms SUCk

Varsity Club Member
Reaction score
I'm fine w/ DK staying as a 4* and ppl not blowing him up. Less competition and chaos. We all think he's really, really good and could be great, don't want the craziness of the NIL to make things messy.

Jiggafini19Deux

What do you hillbillies want?
Reaction score
We’ve seen this story.

When an ND QB commit performs well at a camp: “While the young man performed well and certainly looks like a top-10 signal caller, we need to see him on Friday nights outside of a structured 7-on-7 environment before any significant bump in the rankings ahead of guys he outperformed.”

When an ND QB commit is playing well during the year: “He’s putting up monster numbers and looks like everything you want in a QB. We just haven’t seen him against enough elite competition to this point.”

When the kid does both: “We really can’t project him fully until we see him in a college offense because of his unique skill set and experience.”

I’m convinced that had Arch Manning committed to ND, the services would have dropped him to the average four-star QB that he looked like in HS.
SUBSCRIBE NOW! $99.95 FOR THE YEAR!

Jiggafini19Deux

Reaction score
Tom lemming? That guy has been washed up for fifteen years.
I don't know how someone in this particular industry gets "washed up", but he's still very much alive and well as a guest on recruiting podcasts fairly regularly. Somebody seems to still care what he says. I can't say I've personally gone out of my way to seek out his evaluations, but the fact he's still around is pretty wild in the grand scheme of things.

Lemming was one of the few that actually went to see players in person while playing in real games instead of slapping rankings on kids based on YouTube highlights or running around in their underwear at camps. I used to laugh when people referred to Mike Farrell as "The Godfather" when in reality the reason he and everyone else had jobs like this was because of the market Lemming created decades ago.

Lemming typically used to lean in favor of Chicago area kids and ND recruits. If he still does, that would make him a hero twice over around most ND parts of the world. I'm inclined to trust what he's saying about DK and most other prospects, but I honestly couldn't say if he's been off the mark in recent years. I still don't necessarily believe there is much to all of this at the end of the day, though.

stlnd01

Was away. Now returned.
Reaction score
I'm fine w/ DK staying as a 4* and ppl not blowing him up. Less competition and chaos. We all think he's really, really good and could be great, don't want the craziness of the NIL to make things messy.
This is where I’m at. If Deuce gets a fifth star, some SEC collective with more money than sense will make him a $$ offer he would, frankly, be financially unwise to turn down.
Four-stars are a little easier to come by, the competition would be less crazed. He will be the same football player either way. Four is just fine.

Jiggafini19Deux

Reaction score
I do find it rather hilarious that these SEC people sitting around with all of this money to throw at a high school football player are waiting for someone else to put a star next to his name as some kind of trigger that will then allow them to go and buy said player for their program.

If this is the new method to all of the madness, somebody from within the program might want to be the one assessing the player, shouldn't they? If Kiffin wants Deuce, he should just tell his bag men to go get him. Why wait for On3 to announce Deuce is a five star player before making the move?

Pops Freshenmeyer

Reaction score
I do find it rather hilarious that these SEC people sitting around with all of this money to throw at a high school football player are waiting for someone else to put a star next to his name as some kind of trigger that will then allow them to go and buy said player for their program.

If this is the new method to all of the madness, somebody from within the program might want to be the one assessing the player, shouldn't they? If Kiffin wants Deuce, he should just tell his bag men to go get him. Why wait for On3 to announce Deuce is a five star player before making the move?
I think rankings probably do matters to boosters if you're going to them, hat in hand, asking to pony up for an individual.

a mike

Reaction score
If the HC and or coordinator, who are being paid millions, come to the boosters and say "This is my guy", that's really all they should need to hear.
Well under that arrangement the HC would just say that about whichever highest ranked recruit he thought could realistically get in a given year

Every cycle would bring about a new "This is my guy" whether it be a legit 5-star or a 3-star

If I'm a booster, not going to be as willing to shell out 5-star money on a 3-star just because the coach said so. Especially if I question that coach's acumen in any way

Say what you want about recruiting rankings but they'd at least be considered a disinterested third party opinion which is no small matter when deciding whether to toss around a few million$$ for any endeavor

Pops Freshenmeyer

Reaction score
If the HC and or coordinator, who are being paid millions, come to the boosters and say "This is my guy", that's really all they should need to hear.
Sure, but ultimately I think what boosters are paying for isn’t wins as much as clout. So prestigious recruits are worth more to them, personally.

ND87

Reaction score
I don't know how someone in this particular industry gets "washed up", but he's still very much alive and well as a guest on recruiting podcasts fairly regularly. Somebody seems to still care what he says. I can't say I've personally gone out of my way to seek out his evaluations, but the fact he's still around is pretty wild in the grand scheme of things.

Lemming was one of the few that actually went to see players in person while playing in real games instead of slapping rankings on kids based on YouTube highlights or running around in their underwear at camps. I used to laugh when people referred to Mike Farrell as "The Godfather" when in reality the reason he and everyone else had jobs like this was because of the market Lemming created decades ago.

Lemming typically used to lean in favor of Chicago area kids and ND recruits. If he still does, that would make him a hero twice over around most ND parts of the world. I'm inclined to trust what he's saying about DK and most other prospects, but I honestly couldn't say if he's been off the mark in recent years. I still don't necessarily believe there is much to all of this at the end of the day, though.
Hi, Tom!

Jiggafini19Deux

Reaction score
Well under that arrangement the HC would just say that about whichever highest ranked recruit he thought could realistically get in a given year

Yes. It's an annual process.
Every cycle would bring about a new "This is my guy" whether it be a legit 5-star or a 3-star

As...it......should?
If I'm a booster, not going to be as willing to shell out 5-star money on a 3-star just because the coach said so. Especially if I question that coach's acumen in any way

Questioning the acumen of the state's highest paid employee is certainly fair. It should likely be done during the HIRING process, but that's just me talking over here.

Say what you want about recruiting rankings but they'd at least be considered a disinterested third party opinion which is no small matter when deciding whether to toss around a few million$$ for any endeavor
Ok, I will. Trash.

Te'o4Heisman

Reaction score

Pretty good chance in the high majority of cases your coach’s accumen still far exceeds that of those who do these recruiting rankings. Plus, his job somewhat depends on it.

Jiggafini19Deux

Reaction score
Pretty good chance in the high majority of cases your coach’s accumen still far exceeds that of those who do these recruiting rankings. Plus, his job somewhat depends on it.
Yes. Gerad Parker has forgotten more about football than most of the staff at Rivals currently knows.

Everyone give that some thought for a second. Reeeeeeeeeally ponder that statement.

Junkhead

Community Mod
Reaction score
Yes. Gerad Parker has forgotten more about football than most of the staff at Rivals currently knows.

Everyone give that some thought for a second. Reeeeeeeeeally ponder that statement.
Possibly true, but the problem is he forgot everything before last season even started.

a mike

Reaction score
You're talking should when it comes to the boosters actions. I'm talking would

And the coach is out nothing for hyping up a 3-star/low rated kid to lure boosters away from their money if his alternative to said 3-star/low rated kid is an even worse rated prospect

Te'o4Heisman

Reaction score
You're talking should when it comes to the boosters actions. I'm talking would

And the coach is out nothing for hyping up a 3-star/low rated kid to lure boosters away from their money if his alternative to said 3-star/low rated kid is an even worse rated prospect
Huh?

BobbyMac

Staffer 4 Life
Staff member
Reaction score
This will be his 9th visit. Let that sink in to your Bear loving brains.

BobbyMac

Staffer 4 Life
Staff member
Reaction score
Yet reading this thread, it's a foregone conclusion that he's going to flip.

I was one of them. I just think any QB in this class that comes to ND is gonna be behind the eight ball. Two years af CJ running the team and then BAM… right into Gunner’s 3peat dynasty.