'25 IN ATH Brock Schott

BobbyMac

Staffer 4 Life
Staff member
Reaction score
I read somewhere in the past few days that ND has passed for good and look for it to be OSU or Miami.

It was probably TLoy but I don't remember for sure.

DCK_1981

Reaction score
For defense I could’ve gotten on board. Wonder if Golden and the staff want a taller DE or something to not even offer. As a TE prospect I understand not pursuing having seen him in person.

dublinirish

Everestt Gholstonson
Reaction score
visited OSU, Miami, TAMU and FSU this week and has official visits set up for each in June

NDPhilly

Philly Torqued
Reaction score
Thinks it’s pretty Wild we aren’t taking a kid as talented as him in our backyard in the portal era. If he or Flanagan gets buried, they’ll leave.

Irish4life

Reaction score
Thinks it’s pretty Wild we aren’t taking a kid as talented as him in our backyard in the portal era. If he or Flanagan gets buried, they’ll leave.
If I recall correctly, we like him on defense and he (obviously) wants to play offense.

Jiggafini19Deux

What do you hillbillies want?
Reaction score
visited OSU, Miami, TAMU and FSU this week and has official visits set up for each in June
With that visit list, I'm not terribly surprised nor vexed that there isn't mutual interest here. He might reside in Indiana, but it would appear that he's interested in other avenues that aren't being offered in the Hoosier State, and that's well within his right since it's ultimately his offer list and his decision to make.

I really take no issue with both parties taking a pass on each other in this instance.

BobbyMac

Staffer 4 Life
Staff member
Reaction score
With that visit list, I'm not terribly surprised nor vexed that there isn't mutual interest here. He might reside in Indiana, but it would appear that he's interested in other avenues that aren't being offered in the Hoosier State, and that's well within his right since it's ultimately his offer list and his decision to make.

I really take no issue with both parties taking a pass on each other in this instance.

Tom Loy has been on Schott since the beginning being they're both living in FW and he was up front early that if ND got involved, they'd be impossible to beat.

FWIrish4

Reaction score
Tom Loy has been on Schott since the beginning being they're both living in FW and he was up front early that if ND got involved, they'd be impossible to beat.
Can confirm that he wanted to go to ND

Jiggafini19Deux

What do you hillbillies want?
Reaction score
That might be, but here we are. That visit list still is what it is. The coaches have their reasons.

How much hand wringing it happening if he's from Nevada or Georgia?

IAIrish

The Dude Abides
Reaction score
Is it too late? With the Shanklin news and other edges tending away, is it worth trying to get back in the game? Love the production.

T-Boone

Reaction score
Just take him as a TE and then flip him to DE and if he doesn’t like it he can if you prefers move on.

T-Boone

Reaction score
Tell him if you play TE you might sadly end up like that head case girlfriend of Taylor Swift’s.

dublinirish

Everestt Gholstonson
Reaction score

Ridiculous quote they must have been showing him Greg Olsen tape on his visits

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BobbyMac

Staffer 4 Life
Staff member
Reaction score

Ridiculous quote they must have been showing him Greg Olsen tape on his visits

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I started to reply to Tom's post but didn't want to shat on the kid's moment.

Where Schott came up with that line of thinking is beyond me. After this year's draft, they will have put two 5th rounders in the NFL in the past 6 drafts which will trail TEU's Colo St & SDSU.

This kid messed up when he didn't commit on the spot when Iowa offered cuz he does come across as a LaPorta-ish prospect. My guess is he'll go to Michigan St when he transfers... with Purdue as the back up.

Hopefully he doesn't have to graduate to keep his NIL deal.

INLaw

Hardcore chooch
Reaction score
I started to reply to Tom's post but didn't want to shat on the kid's moment.

Where Schott came up with that line of thinking is beyond me. After this year's draft, they will have put two 5th rounders in the NFL in the past 6 drafts which will trail TEU's Colo St & SDSU.

This kid messed up when he didn't commit on the spot when Iowa offered cuz he does come across as a LaPorta-ish prospect. My guess is he'll go to Michigan St when he transfers... with Purdue as the back up.

Hopefully he doesn't have to graduate to keep his NIL deal.
Also Tom Loy always rubbed me wrong on the beat and now as a national guy its a double yuck from me