'25 CA LB Madden Faraimo (Offer)

Katzenboyer

Reaction score
Awesome news. Hopefully we lock him up.

Is he projected as a MIKE? Or more of an outside guy?

Irish Man3

Reaction score
I think even without NOB, this has to be considered the best run at LB as a whole. The exciting thing is, you can also make that argument about DB recruiting at the exact same time.

GoldenTate(r)Tots

Reaction score
I think even without NOB, this has to be considered the best run at LB as a whole. The exciting thing is, you can also make that argument about DB recruiting at the exact same time.
It's been pointed out by a lot of folks, but man the way this staff is recruiting at pretty much every position just feels like something special is brewing. So many years of the BK BS excuse train legit made you feel like there was no shot with certain guys.

allenm5333

Reaction score
It's been pointed out by a lot of folks, but man the way this staff is recruiting at pretty much every position just feels like something special is brewing. So many years of the BK BS excuse train legit made you feel like there was no shot with certain guys.
Let's look at it position by position, Freeman v. Kelly:
QB: Freeman
RB: Freeman (this year ain't great)
WR: Freeman
OL: Kelly?
TE: Kelly
DL: Kelly
LB: Freeman
CB: Freeman
S: Freeman

GoldenTate(r)Tots

Reaction score
I'm feeling like DL is more Freeman with the talent/potential that he's recently brought on, OL maybe Kelly but let's be honest it was mostly Harry pulling them in over BK, TE we've just been blessed with ridiculous talent, so sure give it to BK for now. But Freeman has some potential there. I'm less bullish on the RB room even with the Payne injury. But again, it just feels different with how Freeman & Co are doing business.

NDpendent

Reaction score
I agree with all these. RB is just week in the 2025 class for everyone, down year. I would love to see improvements on recruiting the trenches. With Dembrocks offense we are unlikely to see improvements over the Kelly TE room

allenm5333

Reaction score
I agree with all these. RB is just week in the 2025 class for everyone, down year. I would love to see improvements on recruiting the trenches. With Dembrocks offense we are unlikely to see improvements over the Kelly TE room
I would also add the DL is only slightly Kelly and i’m monitoring Freeman’s dl. Kelly gets edge bc of some ridiculous classes, but was dipping from a stars rating towards the end

Irish Man3

Reaction score
My thing has always been this:

If TE and OL recruiting are where you hang your hat, you’ll never be great in this era of college football. You can do exactly what ND has done and kuddos to them for doing so, but until you start hitting on the skill positions at a higher rate, you won’t get over that hump.

I’d argue that OL recruiting is at the very least the same under Freeman.

Rocketman84

Reaction score
Just get on the ball at DT and it would be complete.

GoldenTate(r)Tots

Reaction score
Do we give BK credit for Harrison Smith then?
Weis recruited him, but BK moved him to his NFL, All Pro, position.
Have to give props where it's due right? Weis almost tanked things for Harrison and BK revived him. While it was probably never a doubt for Kyle Hamilton to be who he is now, there has to be some Freeman influence there with how he ended up. But now we're going into the realm of recruiting vs. development which I'm drinking the Freeman kool-aid a bit more. I suppose with recruiting, my big gripe with BK was how he always had an excuse or would set lower expectations, whereas Freeman just seems to be more apt to go after the big fish best way he can and if we lose out, it doesn't seem for lack of effort on ND's end. Just my thoughts.

Luckylucci

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
BK and Clark Lea specifically recruited Watts because he could play defense. In fact, on signing day the running joke was that Lea was still pitching Watts on playing S. The plan all along was for Watts to move to S if he wasn’t playing at WR.

ND7983

Reaction score
BK and Clark Lea specifically recruited Watts because he could play defense. In fact, on signing day the running joke was that Lea was still pitching Watts on playing S. The plan all along was for Watts to move to S if he wasn’t playing at WR.
I watched Watts play back to back HS tournament games his Junior year, the year they won State.
He was unstoppable at WR in that tournament & easily outperformed the borderline 5 Star WR that went to (and flamed out at) Nebraska, Xavier Betts.

zelezo vlk

Reaction score
I watched Watts play back to back HS tournament games his Junior year, the year they won State.
He was unstoppable at WR in that tournament & easily outperformed the borderline 5 Star WR that went to (and flamed out at) Nebraska, Xavier Betts.
Seems like Nebraska was recruiting the wrong Xavier __tts

GoldenTate(r)Tots

Reaction score
If I remember right he was just an amazing player who was undervalued by lots of teams, but we legit wanted him for WR. I remember Lea did the funny "pitch" for him to come on the D side on signing-day, but it took a while for the whole position switch to happen at ND for weird injury concerns and other reasons.

Veritate Duce Progredi

A man gotta have a code
Reaction score
Did any of you watch Faraimo's highlights? This guy comes down the lane like a freight train. I mean true predator vibes watching him hawk down RBs/QBs. He looks instinctual, explosive and violent.
I just want to double down on this. Anyone who has casually looked at his ranking and given a thumbs up, please go and watch his highlights. He is a scary inside LBer who loves tracking down his victims.

SWirishfan

Little Known Member
Reaction score
Jamie at ISD compared him positively to Liufau, but said he's intelligent enough to play Mike & could potentially grow into it
I just want to double down on this. Anyone who has casually looked at his ranking and given a thumbs up, please go and watch his highlights. He is a scary inside LBer who loves tracking down his victims.
Doesn't 6'3' 230, going into his senior season, sound like a nascent vyper?
He has 20 lbs on Liufau at the same point here. I think that Marist was drafted at 230-ish.

Irish#1

Livin' Your Dream!
Reaction score
Did any of you watch Faraimo's highlights? This guy comes down the lane like a freight train. I mean true predator vibes watching him hawk down RBs/QBs. He looks instinctual, explosive and violent.
SEKwdgx.gif

PutuporShutup

Reaction score
Agree other than Kelly recruited 2 AA safeties

jason_h537

The King is Back
Reaction score
Doesn't 6'3' 230, going into his senior season, sound like a nascent vyper?
He has 20 lbs on Liufau at the same point here. I think that Marist was drafted at 230-ish.
This is just his size. He was playing Safety last year. On message boards, we all make assumptions based on their size in HS and not about the type of player they are. What if he loses weight? What if his speed is not affected by the weight gain? What if his skill set does not fit that role?

I remember everyone saying Jack Lamb should move to DE because he was 6'4 even though his specialty was dropping into coverage. Khalid Kareem was 100% going to move inside, until he got on campus and lost weight.

Maybe he ends up at Vyper but I have not seen anyone say that is what his strengths are. Most seem to assume he is best suited to play Buck (do they still call it that?) or Mike.

ND7983

Reaction score
KVA was bigger (by 5 lbs) at the same age.
And thicker because he was an inch shorter.

KVA is an elite Mike.