'24 MO WR Ryan Wingo (Texas Verbal)

Rocketman84

Reaction score
I haven’t followed him much lately, but IB mentioned that his Sophomore film was better than his Junior film, and teams backed off of him because they think he might have hit his ceiling.
Driskell straight up said he was really high on him as a sophomore, but ND got better WRs in the class when looking at all their Junior film.
I’m not 100% sure he was talking about Wingo, like 95% sure, so somebody else might correct who he was talking about.
But if it was Wingo, it seems some teams didn’t push as hard.
Better WRs?? Yea right, denial is a MF

rtrn2glory

Reaction score
If I'm Texas I recruit him until the paperwork is filed "Peyton Bowen" style

Jiggafini19Deux

What do you hillbillies want?
Reaction score
Could very well be "No" once they enter SEC next season...but their recruiting is on the upswing, so time will tell.
This does not constitute being back. Beating Alabama did, but then losing to Oklahoma sort of pumped the brakes. Again.

Lberry

Banned
Reaction score
This does not constitute being back. Beating Alabama did, but then losing to Oklahoma sort of pumped the brakes. Again.
Eh, they were every bit as good as Oklahoma and if Ewers was healthy, could see them being favored against them in the conference title game (jealous). I don't think that game was any sign of a step back, Texas probably gets rolling, especially with A/M being so so.

texbender

Reaction score
Eh, they were every bit as good as Oklahoma and if Ewers was healthy, could see them being favored against them in the conference title game (jealous). I don't think that game was any sign of a step back, Texas probably gets rolling, especially with A/M being so so.
Agree, OU got lucky. UT has 3 5* recruits so far in this cycle, and had a good haul last year. They are improving. Next year's schedule is brutal...play at Michigan, and in SEC play OU, TAMU, UGA, UF.

Jiggafini19Deux

What do you hillbillies want?
Reaction score
Texas hasn't won the conference they currently play in since 2009, so I can understand how every positive blip gets people excited that they are "back". I'm just not seeing it yet in terms of on the field. I don't know that anyone is.

All the recruiting trash passes the time. Texas should ask TAMU about that.

BleedBlueGold

Reaction score
Nebraska boosters clearly tired of this shit

This has been asked before, I'm sure, but I can't recall the answers given. Hypothetically, what would stop someone with ND ties from doing this? Besides the fact that it's still technically against the rules (although obviously not being enforced)...ND as a university can stand against it, but what if some rich donor was like "Screw it, I'm buying a 5* DE this year..." and went rogue, on his own, to get a kid to sign with ND?

Asking for a friend. :)

arrowryan

Reaction score
This has been asked before, I'm sure, but I can't recall the answers given. Hypothetically, what would stop someone with ND ties from doing this? Besides the fact that it's still technically against the rules (although obviously not being enforced)...ND as a university can stand against it, but what if some rich donor was like "Screw it, I'm buying a 5* DE this year..." and went rogue, on his own, to get a kid to sign with ND?

Asking for a friend. :)

I think it’s been made evident that Notre Dame’s plan is to utilize their NIL with proven players: Leonard, Mills, Cross, Mitchell, Collins, Oben.

What Nebraska is doing is a great way to create cancers in the locker room. A&M did this a couple years ago and it failed miserably.

jason_h537

The King is Back
Reaction score
Probably being shitlisted by the school. This is one of the reasons Texas A&M was shit. The boosters thought they knew better than the staff. Went out and got players regardless of need or fit. And many ended up leaving because they never wanted to be there anyway.

Lets say a booster went out and convinced Elijah Rushing to flip to ND, I'm sure the staff would take the kid but the booster would likely be told to stop meddling.

BleedBlueGold

Reaction score
I think it’s been made evident that Notre Dame’s plan is to utilize their NIL with proven players: Leonard, Mills, Cross, Mitchell, Collins, Oben.

What Nebraska is doing is a great way to create cancers in the locker room. A&M did this a couple years ago and it failed miserably.

For the record, I agree with ND's approach. Which is why I asked "hypothetically." I'm just curious of there was some fan out there who wanted to do it, what's stopping them?

BleedBlueGold

Reaction score
Probably being shitlisted by the school. This is one of the reasons Texas A&M was shit. The boosters thought they knew better than the staff. Went out and got players regardless of need or fit. And many ended up leaving because they never wanted to be there anyway.

Lets say a booster went out and convinced Elijah Rushing to flip to ND, I'm sure the staff would take the kid but the booster would likely be told to stop meddling.

Makes sense. Thanks.

NDMatt91

Reaction score
For the record, I agree with ND's approach. Which is why I asked "hypothetically." I'm just curious of there was some fan out there who wanted to do it, what's stopping them?
If I had the money I would definitely buy kids that the staff wanted. But I'd go after the top 50 players. From the 2013-2017 247 composite rankings, over 71% of the top 50 players were either drafted or have played in the NFL (UDFA). That's a very high success rate. So if I bought 4 top 50 kids, about 3 of them would hit. That's a good investment for the football team. The success rate for players ranked between 51-100 drops down to 45%.