'24 MO RB Aneyas Williams (Notre Dame Signee)

NDPhilly

Philly Torqued
Reaction score
anyone know why his rankings took a hit? concerns about top end speed? He was a ~top 50 recruit earlier in the cycle.

CanadalovesND

Reaction score
Are we sure it's even a commitment?

I know the ND beat has been saying it should be over in favor of the good guys sooner rather than later, but what if it's a top 3 or something lol
having a press conference to announce a top three is a whole new level of comedy

Irish du Nord

Reaction score
anyone know why his rankings took a hit? concerns about top end speed? He was a ~top 50 recruit earlier in the cycle.
On which service? He’s always been a low-mid 4 star on 247 per their ranking history. I think he definitely is a top 100 player though

notredomer23

Staph Member
Reaction score
I'd like to get excited, but with 13 months to go...in this new climate....I feel these early commitments are nothing more than "ND is my favorite flavor today"

This is where I am at, but I realize that's more of a me problem than anything else... gonna try and take a break from recruiting after signing day.

Free Manera

Reaction score
I'd like to get excited, but with 13 months to go...in this new climate....I feel these early commitments are nothing more than "ND is my favorite flavor today"
Nothing wrong with tempering (or having no) expectations, but I will say that like 95% of ND commits stay committed, and unfortunately it's usually the 5 star high profile guys that don't. NIL is also much less of an issue for guys outside the top 10-20 because they aren't getting 7 figure deals.

Dale

Reaction score
I’m at where the freak out a second a kid visits elsewhere is warranted. Definitely celebrate a commitment and those that stay committed we should continue to celebrate. But the just for fun, enjoy the process, with my friends or families visits are basically a future decommitment. Driskell, Loy etc will play them down but they are wrong. BDS was the easiest prediction to decommit of all time.

Rizzophil

Reaction score
I’m at where the freak out a second a kid visits elsewhere is warranted. Definitely celebrate a commitment and those that stay committed we should continue to celebrate. But the just for fun, enjoy the process, with my friends or families visits are basically a future decommitment. Driskell, Loy etc will play them down but they are wrong. BDS was the easiest prediction to decommit of all time.
Good post

Who is BDS?

Luckylucci

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Agreed. I'd like to see Freeman take a harder stance on serial visitors amongst the commits. I think the sample size is now large enough to see that most guys that are taking multiple/several visits don't have good intentions behind them.

Old Man Mike

Fast as Lightning!
Reaction score
"Harder stand" = Flat No thanks?

If the kid has MANY suitors, the power is his.

Dale

Reaction score
Don’t want to diminish Kyren by calling him it, but he is truly like a suped up version of Kyren physically. Kyren had the intangibles, vision etc but he has a pretty high ceiling. Under ranked right now IMO.

Dale

Reaction score
Every offensive player at Irish Invasion with an offer (kinda not counting Graham) is now committed to Notre Dame.

CJ Carr could be good at the recruiting thing

jason_h537

The King is Back
Reaction score
Don’t want to diminish Kyren by calling him it, but he is truly like a suped up version of Kyren physically. Kyren had the intangibles, vision etc but he has a pretty high ceiling. Under ranked right now IMO.
It's more than just physically. His game. His highlight really looks like Kyren at ND. Now does he have that same "fuck you, I'm better than you" cockiness that Kyren played with.