'24 IN S Tae Johnson (Notre Dame Signee)

stpeteirish

House Skeptic
Reaction score
He should move to the 23 class if that’s the case
I doubt if his academic renaissance gets him past admissions early. But if he can get into a prep school for his senior year it might help for both the academic side and football.

irishff1014

Reaction score
If he makes it to campus and signs with the Irish, Tae will be one of my favorite rooting interests for the duration of his career. I hope it's 3-4 years.

Love kids who put in the work and don't shy away from the challenge.

That same attitude on the field is going to put him in a great position to do well.

IA4irish

Reaction score
Love him as a player. Anyone know why his recruiting rank fell? I thought he was closer to top 50 at one point.

notredomer23

Staph Member
Reaction score
Love him as a player. Anyone know why his recruiting rank fell? I thought he was closer to top 50 at one point.

Not that I agree, but I’ve read it’s because it’s unclear what side of the ball be projects on at the next level.

NDBoiler

The Rep Machine
Reaction score
I'm allowing myself to be optimistic here. I hope the pencil pushers don't burn Marcus and the program on this.
Its sad because we all know they wouldn’t hesitate to do so in a second if they wanted to, they’ve proven it time and time again. Good on MF for being a great leader and moving forward even when stuff like this happens.

Luckylucci

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
He's just scary smooth at 6'3. He'll likely need some skill development at the position but this is a legitimate NFL projection.

Last edited:

ND88

Reaction score
Getting a kid like this is cool and all but tbh it’s going to be a worry every single week whether he’s going to work out or not

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
All the more reason to bring him in. He can grow athletically and academically. That’s what the supports are in place for. He’s demonstrating the most important component: will.

Reaper97

Banned
Reaction score
Another CB from the Michigan State insider.

I wonder if he actually talked to Tae or people in his camp, or if he just copied Loy & Wiltfong?

I’m guessing Wiltfong and/or Loy probably told him it’s over.

T-Boone

Reaction score
I’ll feel like this is a win over OSU even though I don’t know if they have recruited him.

Luckylucci

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Getting a kid like this is cool and all but tbh it’s going to be a worry every single week whether he’s going to work out or not

Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me. I don't Freeman being fooled twice with this process.

That was a pretty big black eye last cycle and I see little chance it gets repeated again. I would think there are some checks and balances in place to ensure it doesn't. And, if it's inevitable because he just doesn't want to do the work, we won't be finding out about it post NSD.

T-Boone

Reaction score
With all the NIL things that get done could ND pay for him to Go to another school were he gets more academic support?

ColinKSU

Reaction score

My hope is that this round is different because Tae seems like he’s put in the work to make this happen, and they’re on him early. This isn’t a “signing day is a month away and how many magic tricks can you pull off” situation.

FightingIrishLover7

All troll, no substance
Reaction score
Can someone remind me

Who's the last recruit that had this type of recruitment? Someone ND targeted , lost due to academics, but then the kid put the work in to make it happen.

I feel like he definitely took the road less traveled and made it into his dream school. Freaking love this story - especially from a FW public school kid

Crazy Balki

Site Assigned Optimist
Reaction score
Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me. I don't Freeman being fooled twice with this process.

That was a pretty big black eye last cycle and I see little chance it gets repeated again. I would think there are some checks and balances in place to ensure it doesn't. And, if it's inevitable because he just doesn't want to do the work, we won't be finding out about it post NSD.
I don't see this as a similar situation to Hillman.

Hillman was recruited very late in the process, with very little time for him to get his academic affairs in order to get admitted. Seems like Tae took care of what needed to be taken care of.

Reaper97

Banned
Reaction score
I don't see this as a similar situation to Hillman.

Hillman was recruited very late in the process, with very little time for him to get his academic affairs in order to get admitted. Seems like Tae took care of what needed to be taken care of.
Yeah, Tae has all summer, plus all next school year. He just had to get a few things done this past semester, which he did, to show ND he could be admitted.
I think he will be fine as long as he stays on track.

jason_h537

The King is Back
Reaction score
Can someone remind me

Who's the last recruit that had this type of recruitment? Someone ND targeted , lost due to academics, but then the kid put the work in to make it happen.

I feel like he definitely took the road less traveled and made it into his dream school. Freaking love this story - especially from a FW public school kid

That is pretty specific. Guys that put in the work to get into ND their senior year probably happens every year. We always hear about guys that need a foreign language or extra credits to pass admissions.

But Marquese Stepp was a guy that needed to do a lot of work to get into ND and unfortunately fell a bit shirt.

Reaper97

Banned
Reaction score
That is pretty specific. Guys that put in the work to get into ND their senior year probably happens every year. We always hear about guys that need a foreign language or extra credits to pass admissions.

But Marquese Stepp was a guy that needed to do a lot of work to get into ND and unfortunately fell a bit shirt.
Stepp had two things going against him.

1) He committed really early, first person in his class, & was told well ahead of time what he needed to do. Despite being at one of the highest academic schools in Indy, he didn’t do it.
2) Injuries. He was hurt 3 out of 4 years in HS. And actually was hurt both years at USC, the spring & summer at Nebraska.

He still had a little time his senior year to still qualify academically, but the combination of waiting so long on top of the injury history caused ND to move on.

FightingIrishLover7

All troll, no substance
Reaction score
Without saying too much or revealing anything.

I know someone who has been filming Northside the past year plus - documenting the football programs rise. The person is close with Tae and is interviewing him personally on Tuesday for a Tae related story. He asked me to find our what questions an ND fan would have for him

(keep in mind Tae hasn't announced yet)
((but he were to go public before Tuesday, then the question phrasing could change lol))

FightingIrishLover7

All troll, no substance
Reaction score
So far I have (connection will word the Qs better lol)
- How has the process been being recruited by ND? What has stood apart academically and how have you had to work towards that?
- Do you have plans to mentor / serve as a role model for other FWCS students (documentary highlighting inner city FWCS schools)
- How do feel with a potential transition to safety and how will work towards that while still serving the role of jack of all trades for Northside?

MacIrish75

They scanned my cat. I can play!
Reaction score
I would ask him what the prevalence of recruiting between high school programs is like in Fort Wayne and how many area high school coaches in the area (names/programs not necessary) have attempted to poach him from NS over the past few years.