'24 IL DL Justin Scott (Miami [FL] Verbal)

jason_h537

The King is Back
Reaction score
This isn’t 10 years ago when a commitment means anything.
Even IF he commits, it’s 50/50 he signs with ND in a year from now.
And with Minchey signing, I would say it’s 50/50 Carr signs with ND a year from now.
I don’t care what is said anymore. Until I see a kid run out on the field in a ND jersey, it doesn’t count. And 9-5 taking over a top 5 program & losing your top 3 commits, isn’t killing it on the road. Sorry.
10 years ago players never decommited. Recruiting was all peaches and cream, just ask Eric Dickerson.

What world do you guys live in? NIL has been a thing for 2 years. The same school are still getting the best recruiting classes. The only change in terms of ND is the school is now recruiting at an 80% blue chip ratio and the average player grade is now at 92. Both big improvements.

But let's keep pretending kids are different these days because you've grown old and bitter.

Reaper97

Banned
Reaction score
It’s like you are playing on a loop. Do you know any other tunes?
Has anything changed?

If my kids stick their hands on the oven on Monday and burn their hand, I will tell them the truth.
If they do it on Tuesday, I will still tell them the truth.
Wednesday…

Just because you are butthurt about the truth doesn’t change the truth.

Now, if you are the type of person who changes “their tune” for no reason I will tell you that you are stupid & a coward.

So, you tell me?

IrishBoognish

Reaction score
Has anything changed?

If my kids stick their hands on the oven on Monday and burn their hand, I will tell them the truth.
If they do it on Tuesday, I will still tell them the truth.
Wednesday…

Just because you are butthurt about the truth doesn’t change the truth.

Now, if you are the type of person who changes “their tune” for no reason I will tell you that you are stupid & a coward.

So, you tell me?

Can you smell toast right now? Can you raise your hands above your head a complete a coherent sentence?

I think you may need to see a doctor.

Reaper97

Banned
Reaction score
10 years ago players never decommited. Recruiting was all peaches and cream, just ask Eric Dickerson.

What world do you guys live in? NIL has been a thing for 2 years. The same school are still getting the best recruiting classes. The only change in terms of ND is the school is now recruiting at an 80% blue chip ratio and the average player grade is now at 92. Both big improvements.

But let's keep pretending kids are different these days because you've grown old and bitter.
It’s different.
I went through it in the mid-90’s & have dozens of teammates now who played in the NFL.
I was on the winning sideline in ND stadium in 1996 when Lou Holtz resigned as coach afterwards to the admin.
It’s VERY different today.
And ND was 9-4. That’s what counts.

Winning games is the determining factor. Nick Saban won his first title at Alabama with classes ranked outside the top 10.
Dabo Sweeney won his title with classes ranked outside the top 10.

You will also have to forgive me because it’s my Saturday afternoon cheat day & im lit up & letting loose.
Nothing against you personally.

stlnd01

Was away. Now returned.
Reaction score
Confused. Is he visiting Georgia or not? That would say a lot.

IAIrish

The Dude Abides
Reaction score
Follow the visits. ACTIONS always>words. ND needs to hammer the close to home angle and get him to visit so often, he has his own set of keys to the Gug.
On top of this visit, I'd expect a spring game, couple summer and several home Saturdays, barring his hs schedule.
If he's visiting other places after a commitment, it's always a coin flip. Always was, always will be.

irishff1014

Reaction score
His 247 rating #58 overall, 4 star) is more accurate than his composite rating (#18 overall, 5 star) IMO.

Jamie U at ISD has been saying he won’t be a 5 star. Probably top 75 player. And I am ok with that. We need that. We need to have rough12-15 on the top 150-200. That’s how you even the gap.

CanadalovesND

Reaction score
Jamie U at ISD has been saying he won’t be a 5 star. Probably top 75 player. And I am ok with that. We need that. We need to have rough12-15 on the top 150-200. That’s how you even the gap.

I believe it was O'Malley that echoed the same thought on the II podcast earlier this week.

allenm5333

Reaction score
In his ranking. he may not be a top guy right now but has the attributes to he one

GrangerIrish24

I bring nothing to the table
Reaction score
So his only visit will be to ND before his commitment and Loy raised his shiny ball confidence meter whatever. Hooray us

Reaper97

Banned
Reaction score
I believe it was O'Malley that echoed the same thought on the II podcast earlier this week.
I buddy who lives in his area and sees Scott live and posts over at On3, told me a while back that Scott was lazy & really didn’t try hard.
Said that Scott was a 5 Star upside guy but played like a 3 Star. Said he was probably a top 100 guy if he put in the effort. But definitely not a 5 Star.
That’s how I have viewed him since.

IrishBoognish

Reaction score
I buddy who lives in his area and sees Scott live and posts over at On3, told me a while back that Scott was lazy & really didn’t try hard.
Said that Scott was a 5 Star upside guy but played like a 3 Star. Said he was probably a top 100 guy if he put in the effort. But definitely not a 5 Star.

Did you over hear that in a hipster coffee shop?

Dude. STFU.

CanadalovesND

Reaction score

Did he see Scott in action a few times or just caught one game?

Reaper97

Banned
Reaction score
Did he see Scott in action a few times or just caught one game?
It’s SpaddyND over on On3.
He has talked about it in length over there if you have a membership.
But basically he said Scott doesn’t really try hard, which is why a lot of programs were waiting to offer early on.
Said he had all the talent in the world, but seemed disinterested.
I trust SpaddyND, he has been pretty accurate in the past, that’s why I bring it up.

IrishBoognish

Reaction score
It’s SpaddyND over on On3.
He has talked about it in length over there if you have a membership.
But basically he said Scott doesn’t really try hard, which is why a lot of programs were waiting to offer early on.
Said he had all the talent in the world, but seemed disinterested.
I trust SpaddyND, he has been pretty accurate in the past, that’s why I bring it up.

Oh... Spaddy. Say no more. Geez, I feel silly now that I know SpaddyND at ON3 has opinions.

T-Boone

Reaction score
I don’t like how he basically said he’s still going to listen to other programs even if he commits. Why commit then?
That’s where I am at. But how does a program not accept a verbal commitment without looking mean. They did it with that Sheffield kid and looked terrible.

TheRealLynch51

Reaction score
That’s where I am at. But how does a program not accept a verbal commitment without looking mean. They did it with that Sheffield kid and looked terrible.
I think you can avoid looking "mean" by having a frank conversation with before he sets a commitment date. Something like "Hey Justin, we love you and want you here, but if you're going to commit to ND, we need the recruiting process to be over." You say something like that and the kid may not commit then, but you can save yourself a lot of headache down the road. Maybe Freeman just takes the "fill the top of the funnel as much as possible" sales approach.