'23 WA RB Jayden Limar (Notre Dame Verbal)

clashmore_mike

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
10475505.JPG

Running Back
Lake Stevens, WA
Lake Stevens HS

Measurements
Ht: 5'11"
Wt: 190

Ratings
247 Comp: :s::s::s::s: 0.9253 Composite, #11 RB, #202 Overall
247: :s::s::s::s: 90 Rating, #7 RB, #199 Overall
Rivals: :s::s::s::s: 5.8 rating, #10 R, #221 Overall
ESPN: :s::s::s::s: 81 Grade, #14 RB, #210 Overall

Offers
Notre Dame .......... Offered 8-5-21
Washington
Arizona
Colorado
Oregon
Oregon State
Texas A&M
Southern Cal
Utah
Washington Sate
Arizona State

Last edited by a moderator:

Luckylucci

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Of note, he stuck around for today where he had a full unofficial visit slate.

Luckylucci

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Loy had very encouraging things to say about where we stand post visit. Dare I say, Kyren Williams esque.

BrownerandFry

Banned
Reaction score
HYPOTHETICAL:

You are in the coaches room with Kelly, Polian, Rees and Taylor.

Jayden Limar calls and says he wants to commit right away. Assume. arguendo that admissions has cleared him and that due diiigence has approved.

Do you accept his commitment, or slow play him (recognizing that he will go elsewhere) and wait for Justice Haynes?

Irish du Nord

Reaction score
HYPOTHETICAL:

You are in the coaches room with Kelly, Polian, Rees and Taylor.

Jayden Limar calls and says he wants to commit right away. Assume. arguendo that admissions has cleared him and that due diiigence has approved.

Do you accept his commitment, or slow play him (recognizing that he will go elsewhere) and wait for Justice Haynes?

I take Limar. Him and Sedrick would be a very good combo, and as mentioned before, Limar has some positional flexibility (a la Riddick, Tate, Kyren etc.). I continue recruiting Haynes as well, but Limar seems great and wouldn't want to miss him by slow playing for an in-state Georgia legacy.

Veritate Duce Progredi

A man gotta have a code
Reaction score
He would be a great 2nd back in this class, looks very dangerous out of the backfield catching passes and has some wiggle.

Luckylucci

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I really like Jayden. He's got some Kyren Williams to his game.

Luckylucci

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My knock on Limar would be that extra gear. I think if we’re taking all 3 of Limar, Payne, and Irvin Jr. I would have concerns about lack of a that next level speed with them as a group. But, I also think Price has that. As an overall skillset. I love what Limar rings to the table.

NDdomer2

Local Sports vBookie
Reaction score
My knock on Limar would be that extra gear. I think if we’re taking all 3 of Limar, Payne, and Irvin Jr. I would have concerns about lack of a that next level speed with them as a group. But, I also think Price has that. As an overall skillset. I love what Limar rings to the table.
I agree, then I think how amazing it was to watch kyren this year and not be surprised by he's a 4.7 player.

The good thing about bringing in a group like that is the cream will rise and the rest could have some versatility within their position abilities.

Veritate Duce Progredi

A man gotta have a code
Reaction score
Yeah but of all the skillsets I want in a RB, next level speed is the last. In no particular order I prefer shiftiness, patience, fight for yardage pass-catching, contact-balance, quick acceleration, power, poss-blocking and finally, if I haven't forgotten anything, next level speed.

fightingirish26

Reaction score
Yeah but of all the skillsets I want in a RB, next level speed is the last. In no particular order I prefer shiftiness, patience, fight for yardage pass-catching, contact-balance, quick acceleration, power, poss-blocking and finally, if I haven't forgotten anything, next level speed.
Exactly. High end speed is nearly irrelevant if you don't have most of those traits plus a competent oline. It's the fun flashy thing to look for on film but if you're not a good running back otherwise you'll probably get relegated to gadget duty.

arrowryan

Reaction score
His junior film seems is much better than his sophomore film, in my opinion. His sophomore film was very meh.

Luckylucci

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Ok, ok life comes at you fast, lol. I think I'm going to have to walk back my concerns about his speed. Ran a laser timed 4.58 and then a 4.53 at the National Preps Champion Invitational Showcase in Washington.

BrownerandFry

Banned
Reaction score
Ok, ok life comes at you fast, lol. I think I'm going to have to walk back my concerns about his speed. Ran a laser timed 4.58 and then a 4.53 at the National Preps Champion Invitational Showcase in Washington.

Bless you, my Son! Ego absolvo te.

It is Lent the season of forgiveness. And Lent begins with an "L"

Just like Lucci
and Limar

all is well....

Rogue219

Reaction score
I like him. If you are taking two backs and he wants in, be done. The Missouri kid is really good as well, but get this guy in the door. There isn't significant drop off between the two.

irishog77

NOT SINBAD's NEPHEW
Reaction score
In regards to Limar and Love, there has been a lot of talk about speed, particularly top end, breakaway speed. I get that.

Something I'm considering though regarding a 2nd RB for '22 or '23 is size/weight. Other than Estime, there isn't another back on the roster or committed who most us would consider "big."

I wouldn't mind seeing another RB on the roster well above the 190-200lb threshold. Who currently on the roster or being recruited will comfortably be even in the 215lb range?

BoredIrish

Reaction score
In regards to Limar and Love, there has been a lot of talk about speed, particularly top end, breakaway speed. I get that.

Something I'm considering though regarding a 2nd RB for '22 or '23 is size/weight. Other than Estime, there isn't another back on the roster or committed who most us would consider "big."

I wouldn't mind seeing another RB on the roster well above the 190-200lb threshold. Who currently on the roster or being recruited will comfortably be even in the 215lb range?
I guess thats where Kaden Feagin might come in.

IrishRazor82

Banned
Reaction score
So over hyping top schools. Like just say "FYI" and do some graphics. Do your thing but it's an eye roll for me.