‘23 WA CB Jasiah Wagoner (Offer)

INLaw

Reaction score
FFS, are you serious?

If aynone wants to be unchill, freak out and wet their pants.... the Dante Moore thread. Should be easy to find without a map and a fifteen minute head start.
I meant that as encouragement for you to keep posting and not feel a need to be chill. I enjoy your posts and even more when they are riled up 😤 haha

NDdomer2

Staff member
Reaction score
FWIW, I'm not blaming anyone about anything yet. The staff has been together for barely four months, the recruiting cycle in question doesn't end for another 8 months plus, so I'm chill and I'll wait to see what happens.

The position coach has traditionally taken a beaten as is the trend within the fan base. You can rattle off the names if you think back to the Weis Era leading up to this past season.
It's certainly been a position of consistent struggle. We find some good players no doubt but always seems we don't build on momentum when you feel like we could.

The next month should certainly make the board more clear

jprue24

Reaction score
He might be going off eligibility.

Lewis and Henderson are technically seniors in '23, but both have an extra year because '20 didn't count towards their eligibility. So their '23 season would be their 3rd out of 4 eligible seasons.
Eh, maybe. Graduation is when the vast majority of ND players look to move (unless they can get drafted). I just thought in the context of reloading at the position, the fact that 2-3 players would be in an ideal place to get told they need to move on was worth noting.

MacIrish75

Tier 6 Dogshit Poster
Reaction score
I mean holy crap you guys, it’s literally been less than a month since we had a borderline top 100 corner decommit in favor of UGA and since then we’ve expanded the board and continued to pursue multiple 4star targets. You end up with Wagoner/Bell/Gray or maybe eventually a few other names, that’s not a bad haul at all.

Luckylucci

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score

NDIrish88

Reaction score
Brandon Huffman with the VIP interview with Josiah.

Followed by a premium update from Christian at ISD. Christian’s quotes from their sources are more optimistic than Josiah’s in the 247 article, IMO.

Singer said he really doesn't know how this one will play out. My guess is if there is room they take him.

Jiggafini19Deux

Reaction score
I mean holy crap you guys, it’s literally been less than a month since we had a borderline top 100 corner decommit in favor of UGA and since then we’ve expanded the board and continued to pursue multiple 4star targets. You end up with Wagoner/Bell/Gray or maybe eventually a few other names, that’s not a bad haul at all.

THAT decommit stung.

I think they will end up okay here if they get those three dudes.

NDMatt91

Reaction score
Listening to IB's Youtube show right now and Driskell and Ryan Roberts said Wagoner is a take for the staff, regardless of what happens with Bell, Gray, and Downs. The visit went very well, and they said he's a high academic kid and his father asked a lot of academic questions on his visit over the weekend.

Whiskeyjack

Mittens Margaritas Ante Porcos
Staff member
Reaction score
OU and Oregon make the final four for a "high academic" kid? Wonder what went wrong here.

Reaper97

Reaction score
ND made the decision to back off this week because they are confident in getting two CB commits in the next week & decided they need to use that scholarship on a different position group. (According to IB)

du Lac

Appsolute Victory 34-32
Reaction score
ND made the decision to back off this week because they are confident in getting two CB commits in the next week & decided they need to use that scholarship on a different position group. (According to IB)
Excuse my lack of depth chart understanding. I didn’t realize ND was in a position at CB to back off even with 2 high rated commits. Sounds like we should be elite at corner soon.

MacIrish75

Tier 6 Dogshit Poster
Reaction score
Excuse my lack of depth chart understanding. I didn’t realize ND was in a position at CB to back off even with 2 high rated commits. Sounds like we should be elite at corner soon.
I sort of thought the same thing—that corner would be a spot we’d take three, especially if the third was as highly regarded as Waggoner.

notredomer23

Staph Member
Reaction score
Excuse my lack of depth chart understanding. I didn’t realize ND was in a position at CB to back off even with 2 high rates commits. Sounds like we should be elite at corner soon.

IMO, they see Mickey as having that position locked down by the time the 23s get to campus. Wagoner being a CB all the way does create a crowded corner room even if not elite. I’d rather they push hard for Tease who can play corner or WR.

Reaper97

Reaction score
The ND staff is higher on their CB room than most fans.
Mickey, Morrison, Bell & Gray is a pretty darn good two year haul.

Dale

Reaction score
I agree it’s a matter of 2 in 2023 being the comfortable number. It’d have taken him still though. I think he’s got a higher likelihood of success than Bellamy and should treat it like there are 5 DB spots not 4, with Wagoner making sense inside.

If it was a matter of Wagoner or someone at another position, not versus the rest of the CB room, I suppose the numbers are getting tight.

du Lac

Appsolute Victory 34-32
Reaction score
I agree it’s a matter of 2 in 2023 being the comfortable number. It’d have taken him still though. I think he’s got a higher likelihood of success than Bellamy and should treat it like there are 5 DB spots not 4, with Wagoner making sense inside.

If it was a matter of Wagoner or someone at another position, not versus the rest of the CB room, I suppose the numbers are getting tight.
I like the idea of Peyton Bowen’s brother in ‘24 if we are going for middle of the road 4 stars. He’s likely an easier target.

Whiskeyjack

Mittens Margaritas Ante Porcos
Staff member
Reaction score

Agreed. Would love to believe we're recruiting well enough to tell a 4-star CB "no thanks," but it still makes me nervous. That's been a perennial weakness of ours for decades.

Dale

Reaction score
He’s likely an easier target.
Idk about that. Not really something you’d have had to wonder, you could just recruit Wagoner for only a few more weeks and find out if ease of landing was part of it.