Texas
UNLV
Utah State
Washington
Washington State

Highlights

NDIrish88

Reaction score
He can play, but I question his height. There was an article in a other thread said he locked down Johntay Cook at a camp.

BobbyMac

O'Skool
Staff member
Reaction score
He tore up the big Vegas 7v7 tourney last year when I was following Braden Dorman.

But he doesn't play for FSP like Merriweather & Limar, he's with Heir.

I didn't think he was going to get a look with his advertised 3.1 public school GPA but I'm glad he did. If you look through his clips, he can flip his hips like a Pro Bowler.

Good WR too.

notredomer23

Staph Member
Reaction score
what does "one to watch" mean in this case??

He’s near the top of the ND corner board and will be pushing for a commitment. Not exactly earth shattering revelation they’ll be pushing for a commitment, but given he was a later offer surprised he’s near the top of their board.

NDIrish88

Reaction score
I think they just a corner to commit at this point lol. Not to say this kid isn't legit, but it's the one piece of the defensive class without a solid commit.

Rogue219

Reaction score
I think they just a corner to commit at this point lol. Not to say this kid isn't legit, but it's the one piece of the defensive class without a solid commit.

Might not be the best approach, unless you're content with bowl games in late December.

I still think CB plays out just fine by the time the dust settles in February. If not, Mickens becomes the new pariah now that Del is gone. It's a can't lose for the internet fan brigade.

notredomer23

Staph Member
Reaction score
Might not be the best approach, unless you're content with bowl games in late December.

I still think CB plays out just fine by the time the dust settles in February. If not, Mickens becomes the new pariah now that Del is gone. It's a can't lose for the internet fan brigade.

How many corners do they even need this class? The freshman corners seem to be studs. 2 seems great to me and ND is in great position with a few.

If Gray and Wagoner were to commit first, I would still take Bell because of his elite speed. If it was Gray and Bell, is Wagoner still a take? Definitely would up the overall talent profile of the corners so I wouldn't be opposed.

Rogue219

Reaction score
How many corners do they even need this class? The freshman corners seem to be studs. 2 seems great to me and ND is in great position with a few.

If Gray and Wagoner were to commit first, I would still take Bell because of his elite speed. If it was Gray and Bell, is Wagoner still a take? Definitely would up the overall talent profile of the corners so I wouldn't be opposed.

sort out the numbers later. There are going to be transfers and such. You just know it.

NDIrish88

Reaction score

sort out the numbers later. There are going to be transfers and such. You just know it.
Agreed. Honestly I was hoping they'd take 6 DBs. Tease is the corner athlete. Downs is a take no matter what plus 2 pure corners. Add that to Shuler and Bowen.

NDMIA

Reaction score
2023 DB Board (15 Scholarships)
6th DJ Brown
RS SR Brandon Joseph
RS JR Cam Hart
RS JR Clarence Lewis
RS JR Ramon Henderson
RS JR Xavier Watts
RS SO Philip Riley
RS SO Ryan Barnes
RS SO Justin Walters
RS SO Chance Tucker
RS FR Benjamin Morrison
RS FR Jaden Mickey
RS FR Jayden Bellamy
FR Peyton Bowen
FR Adon Shuler

I could see taking 6 DB's in this class. I think there will be attrition. I think Brandon Joseph is a one and done prospect at ND and not sure if DJ Brown wants to or is able to use his 6th year at ND. Good news is ND is in it with a good group of solid prospects.

Caleb Downs - 6/3 UGA, 6/10 ND, 6/17 Alabama, 6/24 Ohio St
Christian Gray - 6/3 LSU, 6/10 ND, 6/17 USC, 6/24 Ohio St
Micah Bell - 6/17 ND
Jasiah Wagoner - 6/17 ND, 6/24 Cal
Micah Tease - 6/10 ND, 6/17 USC

I think ND has a solid chance at landing maybe 3 of the prospects above. That would give them a killer 5 man DB class and maybe some time to add to that group as well. It'll be a fun summer and we'll learn more in late June and July about how the DB class shakes out.

jprue24

Reaction score
2023 DB Board (15 Scholarships)
6th DJ Brown
RS SR Brandon Joseph
RS JR Cam Hart
RS JR Clarence Lewis
RS JR Ramon Henderson
RS JR Xavier Watts
RS SO Philip Riley
RS SO Ryan Barnes
RS SO Justin Walters
RS SO Chance Tucker
RS FR Benjamin Morrison
RS FR Jaden Mickey
RS FR Jayden Bellamy
FR Peyton Bowen
FR Adon Shuler

I could see taking 6 DB's in this class. I think there will be attrition. I think Brandon Joseph is a one and done prospect at ND and not sure if DJ Brown wants to or is able to use his 6th year at ND. Good news is ND is in it with a good group of solid prospects.

Caleb Downs - 6/3 UGA, 6/10 ND, 6/17 Alabama, 6/24 Ohio St
Christian Gray - 6/3 LSU, 6/10 ND, 6/17 USC, 6/24 Ohio St
Micah Bell - 6/17 ND
Jasiah Wagoner - 6/17 ND, 6/24 Cal
Micah Tease - 6/10 ND, 6/17 USC

I think ND has a solid chance at landing maybe 3 of the prospects above. That would give them a killer 5 man DB class and maybe some time to add to that group as well. It'll be a fun summer and we'll learn more in late June and July about how the DB class shakes out.
If Hart continues on his upward trajectory...he gone too. You are a bit off at the top too.

Hart is a RS SR in 23-24
Lewis SR SR
Henderson SR SR

Dale

Reaction score
I’d “prepare” as if:

- Cam Hart jumps to the NFL
- Someone transfers out of Lewis/Tucker/Riley depending on how CB opposite Hart, and Dime packages plays out this year.
- Brown doesn’t return
- Joseph jumps to the NFL

Probably don’t all happen but the chance is there.

NDdomer2

Staff member
Reaction score

Why doesn't Freeman getting any blame and all the success.

We want to tout him as the lead recruiter on all our wins but when a position group on his side of the ball struggles we blame the position coach that is from his tree.

Irish#1

Livin' Your Dream!
Reaction score

We want to tout him as the lead recruiter on all our wins but when a position group on his side of the ball struggles we blame the position coach that is from his tree.
We're still in the honeymoon phase. Wait until Labor Day.

Rogue219

Reaction score

FWIW, I'm not blaming anyone about anything yet. The staff has been together for barely four months, the recruiting cycle in question doesn't end for another 8 months plus, so I'm chill and I'll wait to see what happens.

The position coach has traditionally taken a beaten as is the trend within the fan base. You can rattle off the names if you think back to the Weis Era leading up to this past season.

INLaw

Reaction score
Everyone doesn’t have to chill and maybe you shouldn’t chill. If everyone goes “chill” on topics on this board then we have nothing to talk about or read.

Dale

Reaction score
im certainly not trying to "hate" on MF. Just interesting the narratives around here sometimes.

Everyone doesn’t have to chill and maybe you shouldn’t chill. If everyone goes “chill” on topics on this board then we have nothing to talk about or read.

giphy.gif

Rogue219

Reaction score
FFS, are you serious?

If aynone wants to be unchill, freak out and wet their pants.... the Dante Moore thread. Should be easy to find without a map and a fifteen minute head start.

Crazy Balki

Site Assigned Optimist
Reaction score
If Hart continues on his upward trajectory...he gone too. You are a bit off at the top too.

Hart is a RS SR in 23-24
Lewis SR SR
Henderson SR SR
He might be going off eligibility.

Lewis and Henderson are technically seniors in '23, but both have an extra year because '20 didn't count towards their eligibility. So their '23 season would be their 3rd out of 4 eligible seasons.