‘23 VA ATH Brandyn Hillman (Offer)

Reaper97

Reaction score
Was he?

I sorta remember it that way too but his college stats are basically bad by today's standards. If it's not for Salaam and Westbrook, we probably never know his name.

And don't even get me started about his brief stay in Chicago.
He played 11 seasons & made multiple Pro Bowls and was the first QB in NFL history to throw 20 TD passes & rush for 10 TDs in the same season.
I don’t view him as a QB as much as “slash” since he played QB/WR/RB all in the NFL & had thousand yards in a season as a WR too.
I hated him at both Colorado & Pittsburgh, but dude was a multiple Pro Bowl NFL player. He was good.

Rockin’Irish

Hearing Impaired
Reaction score
Was he?

I sorta remember it that way too but his college stats are basically bad by today's standards. If it's not for Salaam and Westbrook, we probably never know his name.

And don't even get me started about his brief stay in Chicago.
That’s a good point….maybe time has softened my thoughts on him…….how about if I re-phrase and say Kordell was a better than average QB with some unrealized potential, is that fair? I think he was viewed as pretty decent player during his time with the Buffs.

Dale

Reaction score
10301221.jpg

11372583.jpg

Current 247 doesn’t do him justice and is years old FYI. Bottom is current.

BobbyMac

O'Skool
Staff member
Reaction score
He played 11 seasons & made multiple Pro Bowls and was the first QB in NFL history to throw 20 TD passes & rush for 10 TDs in the same season.
I don’t view him as a QB as much as “slash” since he played QB/WR/RB all in the NFL & had thousand yards in a season as a WR too.
I hated him at both Colorado & Pittsburgh, but dude was a multiple Pro Bowl NFL player. He was good.

Who are you thinking about? He had One Pro Bowl... when he accounted for 19 TD's pass+rush vs 11 Int's & 11 fumbles.

He only had 600 yds receiving in his career.

His 20-10 season came with 17 Int's.

The more I look at his NFL stats the more I believe he's in the 90th percentile of most overrated players in history.

Domina Nostra

Reaction score
Is his competition bad? Or what’s the deal? That tape is incredible.

I know, I really want this kid. So I’m trying to keep my expectations low.

Id take him either way, but I think he could be a great safer and take the sting out of potentially losing someone there…

Jiggafini19Deux

Clam Bakes and Shitty Takes
Reaction score
To be fair, you’ve also said that a few times but his highlights have passing :)

This is his most recent HUDL post. There are three passes. All of them complete.

I'm going to need someone to evaluate him as a passer because three attempts doesn't tell me much and I don't have Bill Walsh Blood or Don Coryell DNA like so many of you chaps. I'm seeing a lot of posters here suggest QB based on very limited highlights of him actually throwing the ball. The Wildcat/Tebow shit he does is undoubtedly impressive and shows his athletic ability. Minchey probably changes some of the narrative here a bit, but I'm trying to grasp why some dudes here are suggesting him at QB for any reason other than the mountain of bandwidth we've already used discussing the sense of urgency there.

Seriously, athletically, he's off the charts. The defensive highlights seem more impressive to me just by the eyeball test.

NDdomer2

Local Sports vBookie
Reaction score

This is his most recent HUDL post. There are three passes. All of them complete.

I'm going to need someone to evaluate him as a passer because three attempts doesn't tell me much and I don't have Bill Walsh Blood or Don Coryell DNA like so many of you chaps. I'm seeing a lot of posters here suggest QB based on very limited highlights of him actually throwing the ball. The Wildcat/Tebow shit he does is undoubtedly impressive and shows his athletic ability. Minchey probably changes some of the narrative here a bit, but I'm trying to grasp why some dudes here are suggesting him at QB for any reason other than the mountain of bandwidth we've already used discussing the sense of urgency there.

Seriously, athletically, he's off the charts. The defensive highlights seem more impressive to me just by the eyeball test.

who the hell said qb?

I know there were some Rees haters making eye rolling comments before the Minchey news. That is all I recall.

NDdomer2

Local Sports vBookie
Reaction score
here are the only newsworthy mentions position wise that arent directly related to posters just speculating:

While responding to a question on the ISD board, after posting their Recruiting Intel article, Christian said that everytime he’s asked about Hillman, it’s made clear it’s primarily about offense. Seems noteworthy.

Smells like a recruiting tactic to me. Haven’t seen a interview where he discusses it but Rees and Golden recruiting him to me means somewhat Bowden is just recruiting him. No position coach involved.

In short, they’re gonna figure it out later.

He met and spoke with both coordinators on his visit. The plan is "you are a take and we find you a position", as it has always been with him.

These never say QB just said offense and both coordinators, etc.