‘23 VA ATH Brandyn Hillman (Offer)

317Irish

Grits are a$$
Reaction score
Dale, are you basing what you're saying on something else other than the ISD article, because the article really doesn't speculate that is the case. If anything, Hillman's quote about what Freeman said to him sounds like they're wanting him to take his time.

As for what position they're bringing him in at, I don't understand the hand wringing. He could probably help in a multitude of areas, starting with special teams as an underclassman. He can ball a bit. Sign him and figure it out.
Leave it to Dale to read a story and twist it in a way that confirms his opinions! :ROFLMAO:

CanadalovesND

Reaction score
Yeah but under Kelly he never let guys play both ways

Playing both ways is extremely rare. Few can do it a high level. That requires two sets of playbooks to understand, and it's to the detriment of the player because instead of developing 100% of his time to learning all the nuances, football information, and technique to one position, you are asking him to do it twice. If it's just a gadget player, than he really isn't two-way. We can ask Foskey to be a goal-line RB and just run power up the A Gap, but does that make him a running back?

There is a reason two-way football players die out after high school and after the 1960s.

It's good to take athletes that could project to multiple positions in college, as positional flexibility can help with depth concerns. But I'd take in an athlete and develop him to be the best Safety possible, if that role for that player will give in return his highest level of play. I wouldn't worry about trying to make my starting safety the starting wide receiver, too.

BK was right in his choices.

Jiggafini19Deux

Clam Bakes and Shitty Takes
Reaction score
I posted two links 😂😈😜
So the 247 link is behind a paywall and I'm assuming that's where the info comes from?

Either way, if they're sad about him taking more visits but Freeman is telling him to take his time, I'm still meh about the whole thing. He should take his time and if needed circle back again if he can. Or they go see him when the time comes.

I know many have timelines and want these verbals right this second like three year olds screaming for ice cream, but that's not reality.

stlnd01

Was away. Now returned.
Reaction score
There is a reason two-way football players die out after high school and after the 1960s.

It's good to take athletes that could project to multiple positions in college, as positional flexibility can help with depth concerns. But I'd take in an athlete and develop him to be the best Safety possible, if that role for that player will give in return his highest level of play. I wouldn't worry about trying to make my starting safety the starting wide receiver, too.

BK was right in his choices.
Someone the other day posted how “our WRs play like DBs and our DBs play like WRs” and it’s a cute line, but positional flexibility has saved our bacon w/regard to depth chart numerous times. Davis, Hart, Watts, etc. Very different than actually playing both ways at the same time.

NewEnglandGuy

Best of the Rest
Reaction score
Also just dropped a top 8 of

ND, UNC, Miami, Tenn, OU, Kentucky, V Tech, and Virginia.

OV - UNC 10/29
ND 10/15

Offers - Miami 10/24
Oklahoma 10/17
UNC 10/4
Kentucky 9/29
Tenn 9/29
ND 9/28
Virginia 9/28
V Tech 9/27

Besides his top 8 - BC, Vandy, WV, ECU all offered on 9/28.

Likely ND or UNC with Miami 3rd. If McClain’s recruitment is any indicator, if Canes really want him, could be last minute stuff to come.

NDPhilly

Philly Torqued
Reaction score
legitimately has a 4 star offer list. Great find as a security blanket for Bowen.

IAIrish

Reaction score
Still think this guy is an offensive weapon. Could easily play db, but i think he's a new age Kordell Stewart.

Jiggafini19Deux

Clam Bakes and Shitty Takes
Reaction score
What position do we think he projects best at?
Still think this guy is an offensive weapon. Could easily play db, but i think he's a new age Kordell Stewart.
His offers started pouring in at safety when he finally became open to it.

I have yet to see a highlight of him throwing a pass. Is there, as some of you say, "tape" where it exists?

BobbyMac

O'Skool
Staff member
Reaction score
Kordell was a very good QB that played for Colorado back in the day……
Was he?

I sorta remember it that way too but his college stats are basically bad by today's standards. If it's not for Salaam and Westbrook, we probably never know his name.

And don't even get me started about his brief stay in Chicago.