‘23 TX WR Kaleb Smith (Notre Dame Verbal)

greyhammer90

the drunk piano player
Reaction score
Based on that article, if we want him I'd be shocked if we don't get him. Every red flag in the book if you're a Texas Tech fan.

stlnd01

Was away. Now returned.
Reaction score
Is he, like, good? I don't pretend to be able to evaluate film of high school kids. I see a 6 foot/175lb three-star with one other offer, and it's kinda hard to tell. I guess he plays for a good team in the second biggest division in Texas HS football so I'd assume he doesn't suck?

The best thing to me about that Loy tweet is that he's being recruited by Jaden Greathouse, which signals Jaden's not necessarily flipping to UT.

stlnd01

Was away. Now returned.
Reaction score
South Bend as a "real college town." I guess as compared with Lubbock. But we better nail this kid before he goes on a tour of the Big Ten or something.

Dale

Reaction score
Is he, like, good? I don't pretend to be able to evaluate film of high school kids. I see a 6 foot/175lb three-star with one other offer, and it's kinda hard to tell. I guess he plays for a good team in the second biggest division in Texas HS football so I'd assume he doesn't suck?

The best thing to me about that Loy tweet is that he's being recruited by Jaden Greathouse, which signals Jaden's not necessarily flipping to UT.

Idk. He implied other schools have called and just shut them down. Now I won’t pretend like OSU was knocking on the door but you’d assume maybe some other Big 12 schools.
Seems McGuire targeted right when he got hired, he committed and that’s been it till now. McGuire is a pretty good trust of Texas HS talent is about all we have to go off besides the film

Last edited:

stlnd01

Was away. Now returned.
Reaction score
Idk. He implied other schools have called and just shut them down. Not I won’t pretend like OSU was knocking on the door but you’d assume maybe some other Big 12 schools.

He also doesn’t have an updated Hudl.

Seems McGuire targeted right when he got hired, he committed and that’s been it till now. McGuire is a pretty good trust of Texas HS talent is about all we have to go off besides the limited film
Yeah. Some kids don't play the game and have an open-and-shut recruitment. In this case I'd bet Stuckey, from his Texas days, has a sense of his abilities. I'll trust the staff it's just hard to know what to make of this one.

TNUtoNotreDame

Reaction score
Yeah. Some kids don't play the game and have an open-and-shut recruitment. In this case I'd bet Stuckey, from his Texas days, has a sense of his abilities. I'll trust the staff it's just hard to know what to make of this one.
With this offer and the offer of the QB pitcher that has 51% completion rate I am not quick to trust.

Whiskeyjack

Mittens Margaritas Ante Porcos
Staff member
Reaction score
I would agree but I hope we aren't in a period of desperation. The QB offer is awful.
Cholowsky is pure upside for us. He doesn't count against our 85 unless he plays a snap at QB, at which point we'll probably be damned glad to have him. If he just plays baseball or skips ND for the draft, then it's nothing lost on our end. The only way to spin it as "awful" is if all our '23 QB eggs are in that basket right now, which no one here is qualified to confirm.

stlnd01

Was away. Now returned.
Reaction score
Cholowsky is pure upside for us. He doesn't count against our 85 unless he plays a snap at QB, at which point we'll probably be damned glad to have him. If he just plays baseball or skips ND for the draft, then it's nothing lost on our end. The only way to spin it as "awful" is if all our '23 QB eggs are in that basket right now, which no one here is qualified to confirm.
I have no problem with the Cholowsky offer but to be fair our '23 QB eggs at this point are looking pretty scarce and it's only six weeks til Signing Day.

FWIrish4

Reaction score
I have no problem with the Cholowsky offer but to be fair our '23 QB eggs at this point are looking pretty scarce and it's only six weeks til Signing Day.
At some point, someone around Minchey has to care for him enough to tell him to avoid Narduzzi.

Te'o4Heisman

Reaction score
Based on that article, if we want him I'd be shocked if we don't get him. Every red flag in the book if you're a Texas Tech fan.
This is pretty accurate, and yes kids a player. Not Evan Stewart good (Liberty Frisco last year) but worth a shot at this point and would be surprised if he outplayed his current ranking.

arrowryan

Reaction score
Per the II recruiting pod, he’s a legit flip candidate if this weekend goes as planned.

phillyirish

Reaction score
Yea I don’t think we have a basket right now. And any eggs we’ve had have long hatched somewhere else.

arrowryan

Reaction score
Ran a laser 4.49 at Baylor, as a junior. Edwards, Smith, and let Tease play some offense; call it the NASCAR personnel.

Irish du Nord

Reaction score
Do we like Kaleb Smith over Khalil Barnes and Taeshaun Lyons? How do we view their ceilings and floors?

Dale

Reaction score
It seems Chansi’s approach to Lyons dragging it out was fine, next.

I know this is the approach many want with everyone but I think its perfectly handled for the 4th WR in the class. Del didn’t have any Lyons, Barnes, Smith etc