'23 TX WR Jaden Greathouse (Offer)

NDdomer2

Staff member
Reaction score
loving the way the WR room is starting to take shape. I know Stuckey talked about wanting a basketball team but I am starting to think were going the FSU all Forwards methodology.

Is it just ND that attracts the longer bodied WR's or is it lack of consistent success with other types? Stephenson could have really kept the ball moving post Fuller. But seems like a long list of hopefuls over the years that never amounted to much.

IrishLion

I am Beyonce, always.
Staff member
Reaction score
loving the way the WR room is starting to take shape. I know Stuckey talked about wanting a basketball team but I am starting to think were going the FSU all Forwards methodology.

Is it just ND that attracts the longer bodied WR's or is it lack of consistent success with other types? Stephenson could have really kept the ball moving post Fuller. But seems like a long list of hopefuls over the years that never amounted to much.
So many slot receivers that had so much potential... but like many aspects of his offense, some things just never translated from Cincinnati to South Bend for BK.

Luckylucci

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Prister made the Greathouse comp of CJ Williams. Which I think is a good one. Both physically developed and extremely polished WR. What they may lack in traditional athleticism, they more than make up for with their route running, ball skills, and physicality. I think Greathouse has significant value to our roster as he'll be a guy that's ready to compete right away. Maybe a player like Gallagher ultimately has more upside due to his speed and quickness but if I'm playing a game where I have to pick one, I'm taking Greathouse. But, we don't, so let's hope we just get both.

Veritate Duce Progredi

A man gotta have a code
Reaction score
Prister made the Greathouse comp of CJ Williams. Which I think is a good one. Both physically developed and extremely polished WR. What they may lack in traditional athleticism, they more than make up for with their route running, ball skills, and physicality. I think Greathouse has significant value to our roster as he'll be a guy that's ready to compete right away. Maybe a player like Gallagher ultimately has more upside due to his speed and quickness but if I'm playing a game where I have to pick one, I'm taking Greathouse. But, we don't, so let's hope we just get both.
I'd take Gallagher but like you said, it's not a game we have to play. We need both, the roster needs both.

Ricochet

Reaction score
IMO Greathouse player(s) comp. is a mix of CJ Williams and Jayden Thomas.

rtrn2glory

Reaction score
IMO Greathouse player(s) comp. is a mix of CJ Williams and Jayden Thomas.
Maybe it's been too long, but my initial reaction to the tape was Michael Floyd. Might be aiming too high IDK, but he is a HUGE want for me now.

Dale

Reaction score
I think Greathouse will end up bigger than CJ Williams. Williams was big for a HS kid mostly because he was physically developed + actually older than the other kids. Greathouse has the actual frame to carry more weight IMO. I still view him as the alternative to a flex TE. If you had a to build a team like Chansi says it’d call it:

X: James, Flores
Z: Merriweather
Slot: Gallagher
Y/Flex: Raridon, Greathouse

Hanafin would be a Z. Tease in the slot if they broke that way.

Last edited:

Crazy Balki

Site Assigned Optimist
Reaction score
Greathouse is like CJ just not as far along technically but with a higher ceiling. I think he can get bigger and I also think he's got more explosiveness than CJ did.

dublinirish

Everestt Gholstonson
Reaction score
Hanafin going to Bama so he can play SS while Jake Pope plays FS beside him CLEARLY

Reaper97

Reaction score
Ryan Roberts did an update this morning & said Greathouse told him it’s still the plan to decide in the fall.

Luckylucci

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I think we always gotta pause with these day after updates. Last week he said he is going to wait. If he changed his tune the day after then he would be showing his cards
Agreed. I think this is a situation where I take away more from Loy and Wiltfong's comments than I do the young man's quotes. Maybe it's wrong here and will look very obvious in the end but there was something to them both getting in with those comments when they did.

Jiggafini19Deux

Reaction score
Excellent. Brennan Marion is going to win his share of recruiting battles at Texas, but I'm really glad he's not winning this one.

This dude comes from a HS program that is no joke. He puts up numbers playing big time ball at a high level in the football crazed state.

There are reps available. Come on down.

Reaper97

Reaction score
If he indeed is waiting to decide, then pushing to the fall is smart by Texas.
If not, then it’s over.

du Lac

Appsolute Victory 34-32
Reaction score
Let’s hope the Arch Manning to Texas choice (if it happens) doesn’t change the Greathouse trajectory.

ndcoltsfan2010

Reaction score
I really hope that Arch Manning committing to Texas doesn't sway him away from us! I would love to add him to our WR class.

Dale

Reaction score

on decision timeframe:

“We'll see what I do. haven't really thought about it too much”