'23 TX WR Braylon James (Notre Dame Verbal)

ThePiombino

The OG "TP"
Reaction score
TCU I kind of get. Close to home (same state at least), traveling with a friend/teammate. Ok. But fucking Stanford? GTFOH with that.

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

stpeteirish

Reaction score
TCU I kind of get. Close to home (same state at least), traveling with a friend/teammate. Ok. But fucking Stanford? GTFOH with that.

Stanford always makes sense for the guys who are truly academic minded (most really aren’t despite what they say).
But the reclassification angle isn’t going to fly there either.

ThePiombino

The OG "TP"
Reaction score
Stanford always makes sense for the guys who are truly academic minded (most really aren’t despite what they say).
But the reclassification angle isn’t going to fly there either.
Maybe when they were decent at football, but now they straight suck.

stlnd01

Was away. Now returned.
Reaction score
He would reclassify to start college… this fall? That’s really pretty soon at this point. Do freshmen do summer classes same as returning players, because that starts like a month from now right?

irishandy

Reaction score
I am not concerned here with the TCU and Stanford visits. I get the one for TCU because it's close to home, but Stanford...what do they have to sell? If I had to worry about one it would be TCU because it's his hometown school.

Whiskeyjack

Mittens Margaritas Ante Porcos
Staff member
Reaction score
One advantage of having recruiting momentum is that we have a lot more credibility with enforcing such boundaries.

GoldenAura

Reaction score
Glad he canceled but man I find it hilarious that players will commit and then schedule other visits within weeks.

"I'm 100% committed to Notre Dame!....also I'll be visiting _________ next Saturday, please respect my decision."

TheRealLynch51

Reaction score
Glad he canceled but man I find it hilarious that players will commit and then schedule other visits within weeks.

"I'm 100% committed to Notre Dame!....also I'll be visiting _________ next Saturday, please respect my decision."
"Please respect my decision" is getting up there with "with all due respect".

Irish4life

Reaction score
According to Singer, people close to James are saying they think he will enroll at ND this summer and skip his senior year. Has to get his ducks in a row, we'll see.

notredomer23

Staph Member
Reaction score
According to Singer, people close to James are saying they think he will enroll at ND this summer and skip his senior year. Has to get his ducks in a row, we'll see.

ND needs to get its ducks in a row then too. Get him in, but also that would put the scholarship count at 87.

Cackalacky2.0

Specimen
Staff member
Reaction score
With NDs previous classroom progress plans....Im trying to imagine a reclassified kid graduating with a ND degree at 20 years old.... wow.

Irish#1

Livin' Your Dream!
Reaction score
Hopefully ND opens up the door for guys to skip their senior years and come.
Not sure I want this. Maybe on a limited selection where the kid was held back a year when he was younger or he’s physically advanced for his age.

notredomer23

Staph Member
Reaction score
i'd rather the kid stay in HS tbh, seems unfair to rush him to ND

Seems it’s his doing. Makes way more sense to he around ND’s strength and conditioning, nutrition, and scout team than another year of high school, especially if he’s ready for the academic rigor. Plus, if ND is doing NIL the right way, will give him an opportunity to get paid sooner

SouthSideChiDomer

Reaction score
With NDs previous classroom progress plans....Im trying to imagine a reclassified kid graduating with a ND degree at 20 years old.... wow.
Didn't Romeo Okwara graduate when he was 20?

Edit: Yep, born June 1995, graduated December 2015.

IrishLax

Something Witty
Staff member
Reaction score
It's all about credits. If you have your credits, then ND doesn't care how many years you spent in HS. But it's not easy to have all the credits that you need... generally means that you took advanced coursework in middle school + additional credits in the summer.

IrishLion

I am Beyonce, always.
Staff member
Reaction score
Didn't Romeo Okwara graduate when he was 20?

Edit: Yep, born June 1995, graduated December 2015.

On one hand, it would be great if Braylon could come in and be an extra body in the WR room, even if he's not ready to play in year one.

On the other hand, Romeo Okwara is the poster child for "What Could Have Been If He Were Able to Redshirt"

Romeo had 9 sacks in 2015... had he been able to redshirt as a super young freshman, and returned in 2016, he could have very well helped turn the tide in a game or two for a team that went 4-8 but was actually analytically a 9-win team. He would've been looking for 10+ sacks on a defense that desperately needed help.

Getting a guy in early is fine if they are ready... just don't burn his redshirt if you can do anything at all to help it lol.

Dale

Reaction score
It’s definitely case by case and like someone mentioned I’m not sure this is really ND banging on the door saying please reclassify. Sounds more like something James was interested in and I’d guess Rees, Stuckey, Freeman welcomed the idea and said he could come and compete right away.

James isn’t like CJ Williams level physically advanced for his age, CJ was literally older, but he can more than hold his own on a college field right now physically.

Like Lax mentioned with summer school, I took ducks in a row as likely having to enroll in a few last summer school classes if he wanted to reclassify.

zelezo vlk

Reaction score
Funnily enough, one of the guys in my bible study is a teacher at Stony Point. He didn't think their football team had any good players...

Then again, he's a physics teacher, not a former football player or anything haha.

Dale

Reaction score
Funnily enough, one of the guys in my bible study is a teacher at Stony Point. He didn't think their football team had any good players...

Then again, he's a physics teacher, not a former football player or anything haha.

James hasn’t actually played for Stony Point yet so teach might be right