'23 TX S Peyton Bowen (Oklahoma Signee ¯\_(ツ)_/¯)

House16

Reaction score
In high school. Foskey is a first round NFL pick. Foskey wasn’t handed a bag. He is earning that bag as we speak by making himself into a first round pick. The ones getting a bag will crash and burn. You cannot motivate a “rich” 17 year old if they’ve already received a prize. It will stunt his growth. Many will graduate with nothing but debt.
Famously why no NFL rookies with big signing bonuses ever pan out.

Sorry for the snark but I disagree. These kids desperately want to be big names in the NFL. Making money in the process won’t placate many of them.

Dale

Reaction score

“a few around Bowen want him to be a bit more patient and go and take some unofficial visits”

OU side unsure if he’ll stick to actually announcing something in the coming days as expected.

Not sure what a few more visits will change, he’s been plenty “patient”

FightingIrishLover7

All troll, no substance
Reaction score

“a few around Bowen want him to be a bit more patient and go and take some unofficial visits”

OU side unsure if he’ll stick to actually announcing something in the coming days as expected.

"a few *uncles* around Bowen..."

laughingirish90

Reaction score

as long as mom still holds the cards and still wants Peyton to be irish then i don't see him going anywhere. the pro irish twitter message she posted last week or so about her two sons is all i need to know about where things stand when it comes to our irish

TorontoGold

Mr. Dumb Moron
Reaction score

What would he be announcing?

Irish#1

Livin' Your Dream!
Reaction score
What would he be announcing?
His commitment? Said the longer this goes the better for the Irish. OU has been pushing hard, but it looks like he's not wavering. Mentioned OU is looking at a TCU commit, so maybe OU feels he's solid with ND.

Last edited:

TorontoGold

Mr. Dumb Moron
Reaction score
His commitment. Said the longer this goes the better for the Irish. OU has been pushing hard, but it looks like he's not wavering. Mentioned OU is looking at a TCU commit, so maybe OU feels he's solid with ND.
Wait, so the OU guys expected an announcement from him to commit there? Like the 247 staff?

NDpendent

Reaction score
just OU insider click bait crap to me as mom really wants our irish
Its garbage, they are clowns. They said initially that they are certain they would be a decision one way or another by July 30th. Then they said last week.... just keeps getting pushed back

Irish#1

Livin' Your Dream!
Reaction score
Wait, so the OU guys expected an announcement from him to commit there? Like the 247 staff?
Yeah, the way it read was strange. Back when he had a CB to OU I think he thought he would commit on the 25th. Then he mentioned the longer this goes the better for ND.

I think Laughing is right. Click bait.

Dale

Reaction score
ND has been pushing for him to decide in or out soon as well so I don’t see it as a OU side thing. By reports from all sides he was/is expected to “finalize” or confirm his status soon.

TorontoGold

Mr. Dumb Moron
Reaction score
Yeah, the way it read was strange. Back when he had a CB to OU I think he thought he would commit on the 25th. Then he mentioned the longer this goes the better for ND.

I think Laughing is right. Click bait.
Ah, got it. What a bizarre thing to say - like wouldn't the ND beat guys put something out that confirms that line of thinking if it was actually going to happen? Weird, F OU.

du Lac

CEO of IE
Reaction score
This is very different from the CJ Carr performance. Um... yeah, Bowen is going to be an AA. Not that CJ won't but damn it's good to see real football after the Saline shit show I just watched.