'23 TX S Peyton Bowen (Notre Dame Verbal)

notredomer23

Staph Member
Reaction score
The ISD update is a good one but someone's obviously getting played. The only scenario it's not ND is that he is an Oklahoma fan, realizes ND is his best fit athletically, academically etc, mom is pushing hard for ND, his social circles are pushing Oklahoma which is why he keeps entertaining them but won't end up decommitting.

benneboy

Reaction score
The ISD update is a good one but someone's obviously getting played. The only scenario it's not ND is that he is an Oklahoma fan, realizes ND is his best fit athletically, academically etc, mom is pushing hard for ND, his social circles are pushing Oklahoma which is why he keeps entertaining them but won't end up decommitting.
I could also see him going the route he's going to milk the shit out of NIL. Not many recruits being talked about more than him. The more you string those schools along the more they're likely to pay you for visits alone.

Grahambo

Varsity Club Member
Reaction score
Talk about a true piece of honorless garbage. At least have the sack to officially break up before endorsing another.
Keep or lose (most likely) this clown, he is dust to me.
You are not a serious person.

du Lac

CEO of IE
Reaction score
Oo
Talk about a true piece of honorless garbage. At least have the sack to officially break up before endorsing another.
Keep or lose (most likely) this clown, he is dust to me.
Oops. You forgot italics.

ACamp1900

Counting my ‘bet against ND’ winnings
Reaction score
How about we stop quoting and move on,… really hope this kid plays for ND

du Lac

CEO of IE
Reaction score
If he is coming out in November for the Clemson game it is going to be very difficult for him to change his mind after that. That atmosphere is going to be sick.

Dale

Reaction score
The ISD update is a good one but someone's obviously getting played.

The OU side of things is tough to read. People think Loy puts out a lot of content, the 247 OU site drops long, very long form “nuggets” about recruiting and the team almost daily. Excessive and tends to be way overly optimistic, especially if it’s Thune. I read a few off-season ones for betting purposes about their D and after like 4 you’d think every player in the 2 deep was going to be a first round pick.

I tend to think it actually was trending to ND when talk of shutting it down at the end of summer was there, and I was wrong thinking he would follow through with that. NDs best hope is that this whole saga is Bowen is truly a hard time saying no others type kid but I wouldn’t bank out on it.

Justin574

Reaction score
Bowen's chances of staying have dropped from ~60% to now ~50% on on3. That plus a confirmed visit to (I believe) Texas A&M and his positive words about Okl has me thinking it's actually between those 2 teams at this point and his decommitment is just a matter of time

Last edited:

du Lac

CEO of IE
Reaction score
If he is coming out in November for the Clemson game it is going to be very difficult for him to change his mind after that. That atmosphere is going to be sick.
Well this didn't age well.

Irishcop

Reaction score
Bowen's chances of staying have dropped from ~60% to now ~50% on on3. That plus a confirmed visit to I believe Texas A&M and his positive words about Okl has me thinking it's actually between those 2 teams at this point and his decommitment is just a matter of time
After watching the product ND has put on the field the last two weeks, I don't blame him. However, A&M did lose to App St.

Luckylucci

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
We should be recruiting another S. Freeman, likely, cannot replace Bowen with a similar talent but what he can do is make sure that S doesn't end up like WR. And, yesterday was the right time to start.

NDFAN2008

Reaction score
I think he sticks in this class, at this point what's keeping him commited to ND? If he didn't wanna be here he woulda opened up by now.

Dale

Reaction score
I could believe any of the 3 outcomes here. While he’s visited OU who knows how many times, he has technically followed Freeman’s wishes and not OV’d elsewhere. The definition of FWIW.

irishff1014

Reaction score
I think he sticks in this class, at this point what's keeping him commited to ND? If he didn't wanna be here he woulda opened up by now.

His mom is on our side. But if he were to convince her he would take harder classes at OU and ND is losing that might help him flip. His mom is helping us.

NDdomer2

Local Sports vBookie
Reaction score
TBF, I think everybody thought if one of them was going to de-commit first, it was going to be Bowen.
i think everyone gets too worked up of the "official" statement of committing and decommitting. As others have pointed out throughout the Keeley and Bowen recruitments. Actions are louder than statements.

Were/are they behaving as though they have made a commitment?

Justin574

Reaction score
i think everyone gets too worked up of the "official" statement of committing and decommitting. As others have pointed out throughout the Keeley and Bowen recruitments. Actions are louder than statements.

Were/are they behaving as though they have made a commitment?
Bowen's 50/50 on his behavior, that's what makes it difficult to read. On the one hand, he's still speaking with other ND commits, has plans to visit for the Clemson game and is being up front with ND staff. On the other hand, he's wearing Oklahoma gloves and making very positive statements about them that suggest he could be flipped. Around August 10th he said he was going to shut down his recruitment and make a final decision soon, that hasn't happened and with how the season is going, the longer it plays out the worse I think it is for ND.

Dale

Reaction score
“For me, I have LSU and Alabama gloves, but I hung them up because I’m committed to Notre Dame. I don’t wear those at all. If Peyton wants to wear Oklahoma gloves — if he wants to, then he wants to — but he says he’s committed. I don’t question his loyalty to Notre Dame.”

Gray on himself, Peyton

Irish du Nord

Reaction score
Does Marshall have any safety prospects that we can poach?!?
On the real, both of their corners looked legitimately better than most P5 duos. I thought that was the biggest strength of their team, with RB being a close second

MacIrish75

Tier 6 Dogshit Poster
Reaction score
On the real, both of their corners looked legitimately better than most P5 duos. I thought that was the biggest strength of their team, with RB being a close second
One of their corners, Micah Abraham, is the son of Donnie Abraham who played in the league in the 90s and 00s. But, yeah. Their corners were impressive.