'23 TX S Peyton Bowen (Notre Dame Verbal)

FDNYIrish1

’ll be at the Irsay YMCA from 12:30-2:30
Reaction score
Never was a soldier (different branch), never a reporter or college football coach.
Also don’t drink Mountain Dew or eat Built Bars.
Lol bro you see what I do in my screen name. Ball busting is in the job title.

Mavericknyc1980

Reaction score
I’m not telling anyone where to join, but if you want an interesting, pro-ND, brutally honest towards OU being dirty & On3 trying to help, go read the Bowen update on IB.
It’s delicious.

Cliffs:
OU is trying dirty tactics to try to flip Bowen by turning ND against him, and On3 is also trying to get a decommitment since making Bowen a 5 Star. It seems to be backfiring because it’s made the Bowen family mad & sources from them & his HS coach have told ND he is even more locked into ND now.

So it sounds like that article by Sam whatever from On3 was designed to create riff between ND & Bowen & help OU & it made the Bowen family mad.
Whoa what a change in circumstances

INLaw

Reaction score
If any of that is true then there really must be a concerted effort to cancel before the $1 is even up and absolutely rain hell on ON3 at least from notre dame fan money which is not inconsequential.

arahop

Reaction score
If any of that is true then there really must be a concerted effort to cancel before the $1 is even up and absolutely rain hell on ON3 at least from notre dame fan money which is not inconsequential.
And if not true how can we ever believe IB again? I really hope ND does absolutely whatever it takes. You don't find kids that run 22 mph often. Kid is a freak athlete who would play as a true freshman.

Reaper97

Reaction score
And if not true how can we ever believe IB again? I really hope ND does absolutely whatever it takes. You don't find kids that run 22 mph often. Kid is a freak athlete who would play as a true freshman.
It sounds like it’s not as much an IB thing S much as a “sources” thing because they are now talking about the same thing on another site too.

INLaw

Reaction score
You got that right. Both sides of an opposite report seem to have something to gain. Makes it impossible to know yet who to believe. I kind of think if ON3 did or is doing what they are accused of seems like a dumb ass move for such a small short term gain for a fledgling new company already struggling with credibility issues. The other side is questionable at times too. And then we come round to the ISD, II and the like mostly sitting this weekend out. Which tells me probably nobody knows for sure. One thing that is pretty clear is if you are pissed off at the coverage that your visits might mean a flip then why take the visit.

arahop

Reaction score
It sounds like it’s not as much an IB thing S much as a “sources” thing because they are now talking about the same thing on another site too.
Right on. Really hope we can keep Keeley and Bowen.

Reaper97

Reaction score
You got that right. Both sides of an opposite report seem to have something to gain. Makes it impossible to know yet who to believe. I kind of think if ON3 did or is doing what they are accused of seems like a dumb ass move for such a small short term gain for a fledgling new company already struggling with credibility issues. The other side is questionable at times too. And then we come round to the ISD, II and the like mostly sitting this weekend out. Which tells me probably nobody knows for sure. One thing that is pretty clear is if you are pissed off at the coverage that your visits might mean a flip then why take the visit.
Bowen’s mom did an interview with another site (not IB), that Bowen’s mom was the one who reached out to because she wanted to let people know the visits were for Eli & not Peyton, and Peyton wasn’t decommitting.
So it sounds as if there is some truth to the fact that the Bowen family isn’t happy with the negative talk.

Reaper97

Reaction score
This is like a Shakespeare play.

OU wants ND fans to turn on Bowen & for the ND staff to get frustrated with Bowen, and create a riff between them.

Dirty.

irishandy

Reaction score
I think Momma Bowen is in ND's corner, I think he ends up signing with ND. Bowen has visited OU 1,492 times....I think he would've decommitted by now and committed to them. What makes visit 1,493 more different than the others.

Stay patient....MF isn't worried about bettering his golf game.

CoachB

Reaction score
I’m not telling anyone where to join, but if you want an interesting, pro-ND, brutally honest towards OU being dirty & On3 trying to help, go read the Bowen update on IB.
It’s delicious.

Cliffs:
OU is trying dirty tactics to try to flip Bowen by turning ND against him, and On3 is also trying to get a decommitment since making Bowen a 5 Star. It seems to be backfiring because it’s made the Bowen family mad & sources from them & his HS coach have told ND he is even more locked into ND now.

So it sounds like that article by Sam whatever from On3 was designed to create riff between ND & Bowen & help OU & it made the Bowen family mad.
See, this is what I was talking about. I think the Bowen family is too smart to fall for all the crap.

stlnd01

Was away. Now returned.
Reaction score
I’ll add Lenzy as well in 2018
OK fine (I didn't follow recruiting all that closely the last couple classes. Do remember Lenzy though. Point being, it's rare. Maybe one kid per class. I wouldn't count on a decommit-recommit here. Better to keep him in the fold.)

Reaction score
It’s delicious.

Cliffs:

He was trending away from ND and a quasi slander piece on a random recruiting site puts him back to being a ND lock?

Sounds dumb on so many levels from all parties involved including Bowens camp if true

Reaper97

Reaction score
He was trending away from ND and a quasi slander piece on a random recruiting site puts him back to being a ND lock?

Sounds dumb on so many levels from all parties involved including Bowens camp if true
He was never trending away from ND according to Bowen’s mom, said so the past week. She straight up said that Peyton was 100% ND & the visits were for Eli.
Bowen family did nothing wrong. They are just mad about the false reports being put out.

Crazy Balki

Site Assigned Optimist
Reaction score

I think the point of that update was that Bowen was never "trending away from ND", and it was purely hysteria from the fanbase stoked up by people in OU's corner, and amplified by paranoid ND fans.

Old Man Mike

Fast as Lightning!
Reaction score
Do posters think that our staff and the family aren't sufficiently communicating and this internet amateur bullsh!t is fooling anyone? Crazy.
The universe doesn't center itself on chat sites and individual "fan" spewing. That's a psychosis at work there. A player might choose to decommit for his own or his family's own reasons, but that's inside the family decision making with interactions with football staffs.

ANY big time staffers are trying their best to do due diligence to their jobs. If some student lives in some fantasy universe then they can't do much about that, but do we really think that this family is that out of touch with reality? They seem like a pretty solid group of people to me. If the son chooses to go elsewhere, that will be based on real world decision making not rumors.

jprue24

Reaction score
He was never trending away from ND according to Bowen’s mom, said so the past week. She straight up said that Peyton was 100% ND & the visits were for Eli.
Bowen family did nothing wrong. They are just mad about the false reports being put out.
Since you love Singer. He deleted a post this morning asking about this situation and now is being questioned about it in the article thread.

"Singer did you delete that thread?"

"Yeah, it's a bunch of crap"

Reaper97

Reaction score
Since you love Singer. He deleted a post this morning asking about this situation and now is being questioned about it in the article thread.

"Singer did you delete that thread?"

"Yeah, it's a bunch of crap"
What is he saying is a bunch of crap? The On3 article saying Bowen is decommitting or the thread questioning Singer?

IrishFanForever23

Reaction score
Driskell is a dumbass. Even Loy just posted something that there’s nothing really there yet for the staff to feel confident because they haven’t talked to the families yet. Hoping to do that soon.

Reaper97

Reaction score
The thread. That the Bowen family is mad at On3
So Singer says it’s crap that the Bowen family is mad at On3?
I’m curious how he would know?
Singer defended Rivals like it was his child when he worked there, now he tears them apart. So of course he will defense On3.

I don’t know the truth, but I find it interesting that Bowen’s mom was the one who reached out to do an interview saying that Peyton wasn’t decommitting.
I trust her over everybody.
If Peyton does decommit, she is the one I will be disappointed in.

Reaper97

Reaction score
Driskell is a dumbass. Even Loy just posted something that there’s nothing really there yet for the staff to feel confident because they haven’t talked to the families yet. Hoping to do that soon.
What if Driskell/IB staff, talked to the family? Or to the HS coach? Or the other commits who were talking to Peyton yesterday?
It doesn’t have to come from the ND staff.
I think he even said that his two different sources he talked to weren’t from ND?