'23 TX S Peyton Bowen (Notre Dame Verbal)

irishff1014

Reaction score
The fact the the coach he told didn’t tell other other ones he was visiting OU is a bad look. Looks like our staff doesn’t communicate. This is the Walker recruitment all over again.

And a bad bad loss for the recruiting department.

lcaps20

Reaction score
The fact the the coach he told didn’t tell other other ones he was visiting OU is a bad look. Looks like our staff doesn’t communicate. This is the Walker recruitment all over again.

I heard none of our coaches have talked to each other since they’ve been hired. Complete silo program and everyone is going to decommit

ThePiombino

The OG "TP"
Reaction score

What loss? Was there a decommitment that I missed?

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

ndinoxford

Reaction score
Brutal. They’re concerned about ATM and ND is basically an afterthought lol.
I mean, all things considered, it could be worse. OU being confused on where he is leaning is better then being on flip watch like Thune was saying earlier.

T-Boone

Reaction score
Been in the locker room backstage with Khabib once. Great, great guy.
He had absolutely zero clue who I was, or my teammate that was fighting that night, but acted like we were his best friends. LOL
That was back when he was still on the undercards, an unknown.

Also, when I was at JSOC, they called me Ramjoe (because I looked like a young Stallone & my middle name was Joe).
Joe Rogan for $500

AlaskanIrish

. . . a little stitious.
Reaction score
Been in the locker room backstage with Khabib once. Great, great guy.
He had absolutely zero clue who I was, or my teammate that was fighting that night, but acted like we were his best friends. LOL
That was back when he was still on the undercards, an unknown.

Also, when I was at JSOC, they called me Ramjoe (because I looked like a young Stallone & my middle name was Joe).
Genuine question, especially since the recruiting threads are a mess right now. How do you view the beef between Conor and Khabib? This site is called "Irish Envy" after all ;). I'm a lowly BJJ purple belt, and have no access. Just curious.

Reaper97

Reaction score
Genuine question, especially since the recruiting threads are a mess right now. How do you view the beef between Conor and Khabib? This site is called "Irish Envy" after all ;). I'm a lowly BJJ purple belt, and have no access. Just curious.
I don’t like Conor, at all.
Was in the locker room with him too, back pre-chest tattoo, when he was more personable. Then he blurred the lines between promoting a fight & real life. He jumped the shark.
There was no beef on Khabib’s side. Conor made up a fake beef to sell the fight, then forgot it was a fake beef & went way over the line. Then afterwards started going even more personal & after that 99% of the fighters turned on him.
He went from being a made up heel for promotional reasons to a real life bad guy.

And Khabib destroys him 999/1000 times.

Who is your purple under?
I was a better fighter/grappler as a purple than I am now as a long time Black.
Don’t let the color deter you. The belt covers 2 inches of your ass, you are responsible for the rest… (Gracie)
You can kick the shit out of blacks if you are a purple, just be confident.

AlaskanIrish

. . . a little stitious.
Reaction score
Was in the locker room with him too, back pre-chest tattoo, when he was more personable. Then he blurred the lines between promoting a fight & real life. He jumped the shark.
There was no beef on Khabib’s side. Conor made up a fake beef to sell the fight, then forgot it was a fake beef & went way over the line. Then afterwards started going even more personal & after that 99% of the fighters turned on him.
He went from being a made up heel for promotional reasons to a real life bad guy.

Don’t let the color deter you. The belt covers 2 inches of your ass, you are responsible for the rest… (Gracie)
Thanks so much for the response! We should private message about BJJ. I really appreciate your insight, my friend!

AlaskanIrish

. . . a little stitious.
Reaction score

I'm still laughing at "pre-chest tattoo" hahaha

du Lac

CEO of IE
Reaction score

I have met Cormier several times (more in the earlier years). I was a college wrestler, chose not to get involved in the fight game, but I have dabbled with jiu jitsu competitions a little in the past. It was a fairly easy transition, but without dedication, I admittedly got beat by the upper level guys. I tended to take them down easily and throw them around like a rag doll and then I'd end up tapping out like a bitch after getting caught with something. I am a big fan of mma and grew up (literally my wrestling partner in HS and then my wrestling partner in college were/are both in the UFC (they never fought one another, which would've been sweet to watch), one is a former UFC champ). 149-165 weight classes in college tend to produce some bad mofo's so I'm not unique in knowing some folks. Cormier is one of the cooler dues I've met anywhere. I have heard through the grapevine, and I doubt it's bs based on my own experience wrestling heavyweights, that Khabib could takedown Cormier and that Khabib would likely win that fight if it were ever to happen. I wouldn't be shocked if Cormier found a way to win with his size, but I do think Khabib is some kind of animal. That sounds absolutely ridiculous, but I am a firm believer that the smaller (ie., elite 157lb college wrestlers, middle and light heavyweight UFC fighters) fighters standing between 5'6 and 6'0 and weighing between 155-215 are the most dangerous humans on the planet. Just to go along with what you were saying, Khabib is a freak and Conner didn't even belong in the octagon with him.

Last edited:

CoachB

Reaction score
I don't know. I find that hard to believe. He has been recruiting for ND and is all in. His Mom is all in, as well. Idk, he seems like an ND type of kid.

allenm5333

Reaction score
He could very well flip. But Sam Spielgman also predicted Richard Young to Oregon the morning he committed to Bama

FightingIrishLover7

All troll, no substance
Reaction score
I could see him decommiting (which honestly he probably should have done by now anyway if he wants visits still)

But to completely remove ND from consideration? I can't buy that.

Reaction score
I don't know. I find that hard to believe. He has been recruiting for ND and is all in. His Mom is all in, as well. Idk, he seems like an ND type of kid.

He's a litmus test for recruiting in the new NIL era

If a kid and parents who were so all in on ND eventually flips then I'm not sure what anyone's really doing anymore

Just have Bama, A&M, etc assign ND their usual allotment of permissible recruits to form a fringe top12ish class and Freeman can go work on his golf game like Kelly

At least then we'll know and can get a X's and O's head coach the next go around in hopes of parlaying our mid classes into a NYD bowl dub

INLaw

Reaction score
He's a litmus test for recruiting in the new NIL era

If a kid and parents who were so all in on ND eventually flips then I'm not sure what anyone's really doing anymore

Just have Bama, A&M, etc assign ND their usual allotment of permissible recruits to form a fringe top12ish class and Freeman can go work on his golf game like Kelly

At least then we'll know and can get a X's and O's head coach the next go around in hopes of parlaying our mid classes into a NYD bowl dub
Hate to agree with this but kinda. The balancing that many hoped for with nil goes out the window the moment bama, georgia, ohio state decide to pay at the Tennessee, USC, A&M level and then we are right back to where we started with the extra potential kick in the balls of five stars using flirtations with us to up their demand value.

stlnd01

Was away. Now returned.
Reaction score
I could see him decommiting (which honestly he probably should have done by now anyway if he wants visits still)

But to completely remove ND from consideration? I can't buy that.
Trying to remember the last person who decommitted and then came back in the fold. Once you’re out of a class you rarely go back. If he “opens it up” he might as well remove ND from consideration.

du Lac

CEO of IE
Reaction score
He has not wanted to go to ND for a long time. He’s committed as a backup plan while he determines whether he likes OU or TAMU. ND is getting used hard since NIL.

INLaw

Reaction score
He has not wanted to go to ND for a long time. He’s committed as a backup plan while he determines whether he likes OU or TAMU. ND is getting used hard since NIL.
This is my fear.

Reaper97

Reaction score
I’m not telling anyone where to join, but if you want an interesting, pro-ND, brutally honest towards OU being dirty & On3 trying to help, go read the Bowen update on IB.
It’s delicious.

Cliffs:
OU is trying dirty tactics to try to flip Bowen by turning ND against him, and On3 is also trying to get a decommitment since making Bowen a 5 Star. It seems to be backfiring because it’s made the Bowen family mad & sources from them & his HS coach have told ND he is even more locked into ND now.

So it sounds like that article by Sam whatever from On3 was designed to create riff between ND & Bowen & help OU & it made the Bowen family mad.

Reaper97

Reaction score
Reaper is the most interesting man alive. Or at least on this site and it’s not even close. JSoc soldier, MMA Fighter, College Football Reporter, Former receivers coach at Wittenberg College…..
Never was a soldier (different branch), never a reporter or college football coach.
Also don’t drink Mountain Dew or eat Built Bars.

Irishcop

Reaction score
I’m not telling anyone where to join, but if you want an interesting, pro-ND, brutally honest towards OU being dirty & On3 trying to help, go read the Bowen update on IB.
It’s delicious.

Cliffs:
OU is trying dirty tactics to try to flip Bowen by turning ND against him, and On3 is also trying to get a decommitment since making Bowen a 5 Star. It seems to be backfiring because it’s made the Bowen family mad & sources from them & his HS coach have told ND he is even more locked into ND now.

So it sounds like that article by Sam whatever from On3 was designed to create riff between ND & Bowen & help OU & it made the Bowen family mad.
This would be awesome....

arahop

Reaction score
Yeah ND will just "feel out the NIL" and sit on the sidelines while other universities cherry pick away our top recruits away.
Dante, Keeley, Bowen,etc. I'm good on following recruiting until signing day. Notre Dame's ceiling in recruiting is crystal clear now. Classes ranked from 5-15. Once schools in that range start allocating more money, the floor is likely to drop as well.
We have more than enough data to see that our NIL coupled with the 4 for 40 won't be enough to win a Natty. I was really excited up until about today that maybe...just maybe the FUND and ND's NIL game would be competitive. It is what it is.