'23 TX S Peyton Bowen (Notre Dame Verbal)

stlnd01

Was away. Now returned.
Reaction score
Well THAT’S encouraging. I have lots of “young people” that work for me so I see the intelligence, intellect and problem solving skills of the new generation on a daily basis. I go home and pray for us every day.
I don't know where you work but the 20-somethings I work with mostly run circles around the 50-somethings. I thought the hat meant someone (us?) was just a hat on the table. But then I'm in my 40s. And crypto is totally MLM for men.

As for Bowen, who knows. But true that for the various smoke he hasn't actually OV'd anywhere has he?

T-Boone

Reaction score
I mainly see young people (in the work place) in hospitality and retail and they are useless (especially post covid). Self service would be better than the service we get in Australia.

NDBoiler

The Rep Machine
Reaction score
Well THAT’S encouraging. I have lots of “young people” that work for me so I see the intelligence, intellect and problem solving skills of the new generation on a daily basis. I go home and pray for us every day.
Well if you hired a bunch of people and they aren’t worth a darn, that’s on you bud lol.

Last edited:

MacIrish75

Tier 6 Dogshit Poster
Reaction score
Well if you hired a bunch of people and they aren’t worth a darn, that’s on you bud lol.
This is the absolute truth. I hired someone for a position last winter and had to let them go a few weeks later. In their termination meeting I had to apologize to them for hiring them in the first place as it was apparent early that they were not close to ready for that position.

Te'o4Heisman

Reaction score
I will spare you the details, but we earn a LOT of good faith in our community employing and trying to give young people opportunities. Its a net positive for us, and I feel like most of them are better when they leave us than where they started so its a net positive for them as well, but its entertaining to say the least along the way.

dad4aa

Reaction score
I'm a way too young for my age guy and I'll have to jump on board with the 22-30's being sub par. I also think boom's are for the most part a waste of time in my circles

Gen Xer's run the world.
Maybe it’s bc we are either retired or are near retirement and have EARNED the right to be able to coast a little. 🤷🏻‍♂️
I have issues with 20 something’s feeling they should have the same perks it took me 35+ years to earn.

greyhammer90

the drunk piano player
Reaction score
Maybe it’s bc we are either retired or are near retirement and have EARNED the right to be able to coast a little. 🤷🏻‍♂️
I have issues with 20 something’s feeling they should have the same perks it took me 35+ years to earn.

Saying you've earned "the right to coast" while complaining about young people being entitled.

Self awareness level: Boomer/10

Veritate Duce Progredi

A man gotta have a code
Reaction score

giphy-downsized-large.gif

Reaper97

Reaction score
The most annoying thing there is are people in their 20’s/early 30’s calling other people old & giving them a hard time.
If I see young people disrespecting their elders I ask them if they want slapped in the face like the child they are.
Show respect children.

ND88

Reaction score
The most annoying thing there is are people in their 20’s/early 30’s calling other people old & giving them a hard time.
If I see young people disrespecting their elders I ask them if they want slapped in the face like the child they are.
Show respect children.
It goes both ways. I think mutual respect is not the same as mutual politeness. Politeness is good for society when it’s coming from a starting place of kindness towards humanity. Mutual respect has to be earned. And for every dip young person I’ve encountered, there’s a dip older person often right there with them. Using age as an excuse to be granted something as a right is a poor supposition for obnoxious behavior whatever the age. Many adults contribute to the situations (both positive and negative) that young people find themselves in. History 101. So yea, if I’m young, you don’t get automatic respect on a deeper level because you are older. You get the initial politeness until you prove your character as worthy of respect. And vice versa.

BobbyMac

O'Skool
Staff member
Reaction score

I'm a Gen Xer by the skin of my teeth. Almost a Boomer but closer to the older Millennials in my approach to a career. Maybe I learned my acceptance to a fluid, gig career from them?

And my statement about Boom's being worthless is based on my current circles in tech where we're the "grayhairs".

Old Man Mike

Fast as Lightning!
Reaction score
I'll throw a curve into this stewpot. I retired twenty years ago so this only applies (in my personal experience) to students in school in the 1980s and 1990s, but for them: a. on average the girls were WAY outdistancing the boys on discipline and decorum and depth learning --- so much so that I decided that it looked like the future of the workplace would end up with one or two old men as the directors followed by several hard-working knowledgeable women --- I nicknamed it The Harem of the Workplace. and b.) the foreign students were on average WAY outdistancing the US boys as well in all of the same traits except opening up verbally. --- my plea for intelligent immigration. Things might have changed, but that was 1980s-1990s student optics.

On the other hand, all props to ND grads generally --- never met a "bad" one. The astounding fact that almost 50% of NDs enrollees not only played High School sports BUT WERE CAPTAINS OF THOSE SPORTS shows something almost supernatural about the quality of discipline and leadership of those people entering.

ndinoxford

Reaction score
OU 247 writer put him in his “expected class” for OU. No real insight other than many in the industry don’t expect his commitment to stick.

ndinoxford

Reaction score
Looks like he recently visited Alabama. Posted pictures on his instagram. Not sure if unofficial or official visit?

NDMatt91

Reaction score
Don't want to read too much into it, but he has liked a ton of OU stuff on Twitter recently.

NDty9

Reaction score
Would be foolish to believe he'll still be in this class in the end....

laughingirish90

Reaction score
Don't want to read too much into it, but he has liked a ton of OU stuff on Twitter recently.
Singer on the hour or so long blue and gold recruiting podcast last night basically laughed about this and said that until the kid posts pics of airline tickets and other proving he is actually taking an OV then he isn't going to buy into him leaving our class. he also said that these kids know what schools these writers write for and are always basically going to tell them good thing about that school. Singer was basically telling people to calm down and relax for now when it comes to Peyton from what i got from watching it on youtube

Dale

Reaction score
Singer on the hour or so long blue and gold recruiting podcast last night basically laughed about this and said that until the kid posts pics of airline tickets and other proving he is actually taking an OV then he isn't going to buy into him leaving our class. he also said that these kids know what schools these writers write for and are always basically going to tell them good thing about that school. Singer was basically telling people to calm down and relax for now when it comes to Peyton from what i got from watching it on youtube

Did he know Peyton was in Tuscaloosa during this? If not kinda a ironic to laugh about a kid taking visits that you (Singer) were unaware he was literally on a visit haha

NDFAN2008

Reaction score
Yeah If I had to guess I'd give it a 60% chance he lands in Oklahoma's class look at his twitter lots of Oklahoma stuff and favorites of them. But then again if he really wanted to go there what is holding him back from not? Something ND is offering is keeping him around for now.